Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13
Author Topic: Cape Mario V2 Is OUT!  (Read 65095 times)
StrikerZ
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2011, 02:48:37 PM »

@vontower- I use Brawl+ too but when I use your fitmario.pac Mario's attack such as side B are slower and vbrawl-ish. Is there any way you could make it so it's the same as brawl+ but with your cape mario mod too?

vontower
Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: January 25, 2011, 05:48:37 PM »

the side B is slower if you don't already have the cape out. It should be normal speed when the cape is out. I used the fitmario from brawl+ so i dunno.
    i can take out the delay in his side B in V2 if you want

This is my Hack Thread

Cape Mario V1                    Cape Mario V2
    Download                            Download

StrikerZ
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: January 26, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »

I think you should take out the delay, otherwise everything great, moveset is good, I like the A down. It would be great if you could make mario's speed and everything as close as you can to  how it is in brawl+. For example when pressing A up and such, it seems a little slower idk.. I really love this mod but I can't play brawl without Brawl+ lol

And one more thing, it freezes for me when I use the special, as soon as I hit B, it's ok if I have the smashball, do you think this has something to do on my end?

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: January 26, 2011, 01:26:02 PM »

And one more thing, it freezes for me when I use the special, as soon as I hit B, it's ok if I have the smashball, do you think this has something to do on my end?
    mine dont freezes only if i use my own hack Fireballs to hammers on Mario if i use final smash (sometimes not all times) do you use it on cape mario PSA? if you do just get the Cape Mario PSA´s FitMariomontion.pac back and delete Fitkirbymario00.pac
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:27:41 PM by mariodk » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #79 on: January 26, 2011, 02:29:34 PM »

I have no idea why I didn't test this before.  I downloaded it and I was so busy working on Cloud that I didn't actually put this in my ISO.  Now that I found some time to put it in I'm not regretting it at all because this is FANTASTIC!

Honestly I love it!  And to do this for your first PSA is amazing!  Here's my overall feedback:

SDo0m's Feedback for Cape Mario

Firstly, I'd like to say that the entire concept is great.  It's more of an upgrade to Mario than a complete moveset change which I think is great (since I like playing as Mario personally).  I think there could be more upgrades to some of the basic moves.

My only complaint with the run is that it almost looks like he's sliding along the ground rather than stepping.  It's a bit hard to describe but I think the steps need a bit more bounce in the animation (this is just me being nitpicky as an animator myself).

AAA combo - Normal one left the same, Cape one is new and it's great.  16% is pretty good considering that it only really connects fully right next to the opponent, so it's nicely balanced here.  And a nice animation too.

F Tilt - Same both ways.  Personally I never really liked this move but that's just me. I think it should be changed for something similar to say Sonic's F Tilt.  Also (just a suggestion) but do you think you could sort of make it string like a combo by pressing A multiple times?  A bit like how Metaknight's F Tilt functions.

D Tilt - Same both ways again.  This move was always bad but instead of a completely new move, this one should just be made better (see Balanced Brawl Mario).

U Tilt - Absolutely fine staying the same

Dash Attack - I'm happy that you used haloedhero's animation here because it came out fantastic.  Not only does this move look the part, but it's also great for setting up a combo.  All in all I love this move!

Smashes are all fine.  They work better as killing moves now because they are easier to set up into.

Aerials are fine too.  I love both of his new D Airs and how they are stronger when done from a certain height.  Great job with these.  The animations for both look smooth.  Two more moves that I love!

Neutral B - Simple fireball.  Shoots three with the cape.  Simple changes that make this move some much more worthwile.  Nothing to really say here.

Side B - Interesting how you slowed the starting animation for the Cape.  It's both good and bad in a sense for Mario overall.  It's good because it allows you to do an instant edgehog with the Cape if used well, but bad obviously because it's slower XP  However, I say don't change anything here.

Up B - I ADORE the new Up B.  It's beautiful.  I spammed it for a good few minutes just to admire it's awesomeness.  Nothing to say here...

Down B - YESH!!  Finally someone did a true proper Mario Tornado Down B!  It's ground version is perfect.  My only gripe with it is when used in the air and how he just goes up a bit then drops.  I think he should increase more if you spamming tapping the button (like how Luigi does).

Final Smash is the same.

Throws are the same.

As I said before, fantastic work vontower.  I can't wait to see what you'll make in the future.  If you're already making great PSAs like this on your first try, I can't wait to see what you do when you have more experience.  I think you have potential to become one of the best PSAers (and I mean that 100%).

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: January 26, 2011, 03:08:01 PM »

I have no idea why I didn't test this before.  I downloaded it and I was so busy working on Cloud that I didn't actually put this in my ISO.  Now that I found some time to put it in I'm not regretting it at all because this is FANTASTIC!

Honestly I love it!  And to do this for your first PSA is amazing!  Here's my overall feedback:

SDo0m's Feedback for Cape Mario

Firstly, I'd like to say that the entire concept is great.  It's more of an upgrade to Mario than a complete moveset change which I think is great (since I like playing as Mario personally).  I think there could be more upgrades to some of the basic moves.

My only complaint with the run is that it almost looks like he's sliding along the ground rather than stepping.  It's a bit hard to describe but I think the steps need a bit more bounce in the animation (this is just me being nitpicky as an animator myself).

AAA combo - Normal one left the same, Cape one is new and it's great.  16% is pretty good considering that it only really connects fully right next to the opponent, so it's nicely balanced here.  And a nice animation too.

F Tilt - Same both ways.  Personally I never really liked this move but that's just me. I think it should be changed for something similar to say Sonic's F Tilt.  Also (just a suggestion) but do you think you could sort of make it string like a combo by pressing A multiple times?  A bit like how Metaknight's F Tilt functions.

D Tilt - Same both ways again.  This move was always bad but instead of a completely new move, this one should just be made better (see Balanced Brawl Mario).

U Tilt - Absolutely fine staying the same

Dash Attack - I'm happy that you used haloedhero's animation here because it came out fantastic.  Not only does this move look the part, but it's also great for setting up a combo.  All in all I love this move!

Smashes are all fine.  They work better as killing moves now because they are easier to set up into.

Aerials are fine too.  I love both of his new D Airs and how they are stronger when done from a certain height.  Great job with these.  The animations for both look smooth.  Two more moves that I love!

Neutral B - Simple fireball.  Shoots three with the cape.  Simple changes that make this move some much more worthwile.  Nothing to really say here.

Side B - Interesting how you slowed the starting animation for the Cape.  It's both good and bad in a sense for Mario overall.  It's good because it allows you to do an instant edgehog with the Cape if used well, but bad obviously because it's slower XP  However, I say don't change anything here.

Up B - I ADORE the new Up B.  It's beautiful.  I spammed it for a good few minutes just to admire it's awesomeness.  Nothing to say here...

Down B - YESH!!  Finally someone did a true proper Mario Tornado Down B!  It's ground version is perfect.  My only gripe with it is when used in the air and how he just goes up a bit then drops.  I think he should increase more if you spamming tapping the button (like how Luigi does).

Final Smash is the same.

Throws are the same.

As I said before, fantastic work vontower.  I can't wait to see what you'll make in the future.  If you're already making great PSAs like this on your first try, I can't wait to see what you do when you have more experience.  I think you have potential to become one of the best PSAers (and I mean that 100%).
    Wow!  Thanks alot!
    I appreciate all the input definately. I've actually already started on V2 and ill take what you said into consideration. A lot of the moves weren't changed at all so theres still alot of room for improvement.

I agree about the running animation. It was kinda a last minute idea. Ill try and clean it up for you.

This is my Hack Thread

StrikerZ
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 05:31:03 PM »

mine dont freezes only if i use my own hack Fireballs to hammers on Mario if i use final smash (sometimes not all times) do you use it on cape mario PSA? if you do just get the Cape Mario PSA´s FitMariomontion.pac back and delete Fitkirbymario00.pac

Well, I don't use your hammer mod, I just put the fitmario.pac, fitmariomotionetc.pac and the fitmario00.pac/pcs
    So that I can use cape mario with mario's original slot. I have textures on all of mario's slots, but the cape one is only on the original slot.

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »

hmm, im not sure why your having trouble. I didn't find any bugs in mine when i tested it. do you have any codes other then brawl+ on that might be effecting mario?

This is my Hack Thread

StrikerZ
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: January 27, 2011, 12:26:07 PM »

I'll check out some things that might be causing problems with mario. But other than that I'm only using the codes that came with Brawl+. I even disabled some like custom stages and stage freeze.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: January 28, 2011, 03:42:23 AM »

is it possible you can make two version of that mario PSA one for brawl+/Vbrawl a other for Brawl-
    im playing both Cheesy

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: January 28, 2011, 06:30:12 AM »

um, if i do it wont be for a bit. I'm currently working on a few things right now, on top of work and school, and a competitive internship. I've never played Brawl-... guess I should give it a shot.

Also, I think people wlll be excited about my next hack... Tongue
    (its not Mario V2 - but I am working on that. It might come out first, i dunno)

This is my Hack Thread

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: January 28, 2011, 07:12:32 AM »

Also, I think people wlll be excited about my next hack... Tongue
    (its not Mario V2 - but I am working on that. It might come out first, i dunno)
    what next hack is it something with a Mario Character?

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #87 on: January 28, 2011, 07:40:45 AM »

lol, you clearly like mario.
    no its not.
    I will be doing a luigi thing someday though. I have some neat ideas for him.

This is my Hack Thread

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: January 28, 2011, 07:49:13 AM »

i think it will be a good hack no matter it with mario or not Cheesy if you can make Cape mario so good for first hack to SSBB i am sure you can do it next one as good or better

vontower
    Mega Kitten

Cu...Bone?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: January 30, 2011, 03:07:47 PM »

Well it looks like Cape Mario V2 is gunna be my next upload.
    I have other projects in production but Cape Mario didn't need too much more. I haven't been able to test a theory i was playing with just yet. So the raccoon patch will have to wait a bit. (Unless i get off my ass and do it).
    I've been toying with the idea in my head, and I should definately be able to have 1 slot be cape mario, and another be raccoon mario.

This is my Hack Thread

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13
    Print
    Jump to: