Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CSS and SSS freeze randomly; sometimes they don't freeze, too.  (Read 2747 times)
(specter)
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 19, 2011, 03:23:16 PM »

This has never happened to me before. I'm using Riivolution and my game will freeze at totally random times. First it froze at the CSS, then the SSS after I picked a custom stage.

It shouldn't be freezing anywhere because I have everything set up properly and I can use these hacks, it's just that Riivo is being retarded and chooses totally random times to freeze. None of these hacks are faulty or bad.

The game has never froze in the middle of a match or anywhere else, though; it only is doing the random freezing at the CSS and SSS. I haven't done anything different to my common5.pac that would cause the game to freeze; it has pretty much everything the same from when it worked in Gecko.
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:50:37 PM by (specter) » Logged

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:23:40 AM »

...go back to Gecko?

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:57:03 AM »

...go back to Gecko?

No. Apparently Riivolution works without these random freezes for other people so I want help with this to get it to stop.
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:45:45 PM by (specter) » Logged

Xevran
    Expert Kitten

Now with 100% less armor.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 07:14:33 PM »

I'm beginning to see why everyone seems to agree that you are the least lucky guy around here. Maybe one of these days I can  help with that; I'm not known to have the best of luck with such things, either, but only time will tell, right?
    I'm not versed in Riivolution myself, but my suggestion is cheap and easy to try, and utterly harmless if it doesn't work; See, I often have a problem with the stack smash loading method, and the randomness in this problem cries out to me of something similar - My boot.elf frequently corrupts itself for no apparent reason, recently having led to me replacing it every single time I modify anything on my SD card. So, perhaps try a fresh install, deleting the program components first so as not to simply overwrite, might fix the problem.(This is from experience as well; Delete-and-replace has worked for me, overwriting has not)
    As I said, it's not a specific solution per-se, but it might help, and it couldn't hurt.
    Good luck either way, Spec.

Relax; It's later than you think.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »

I'm beginning to see why everyone seems to agree that you are the least lucky guy around here. Maybe one of these days I can  help with that; I'm not known to have the best of luck with such things, either, but only time will tell, right?
    I'm not versed in Riivolution myself, but my suggestion is cheap and easy to try, and utterly harmless if it doesn't work; See, I often have a problem with the stack smash loading method, and the randomness in this problem cries out to me of something similar - My boot.elf frequently corrupts itself for no apparent reason, recently having led to me replacing it every single time I modify anything on my SD card. So, perhaps try a fresh install, deleting the program components first so as not to simply overwrite, might fix the problem.(This is from experience as well; Delete-and-replace has worked for me, overwriting has not)
    As I said, it's not a specific solution per-se, but it might help, and it couldn't hurt.
    Good luck either way, Spec.

boot.elf...? Are you sure? That's only used to start Riivolution up from the Wii main menu. My issues were occurring in the CSS and SSS.

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »

Try using a clean common5.pac and add your portraits back in 

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »

Try using a clean common5.pac and add your portraits back in 

I'll try that the next time my game freezes again; it hasn't happened since last night, but I only played Brawl- for one match today, anyway.

Xevran
    Expert Kitten

Now with 100% less armor.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »

I'm not sure; and I didn't really mean the boot specifically, as I'm not entirely sure of what composes Riivolution. Kinda a shot in the dark and hope thing, more than specific advice.

Sorry if I didn't make that part clear; Maybe I just felt the opportunity to vent about those seemingly random oddities. Seems more than just myself have been experiencing such things, so I just tossed my hat in the ring, so to speak. Because my hat is a helmet.... and this ring is a box.

(and I should probably find something more useful to do, lol)

Relax; It's later than you think.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »

Bump.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: