Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issues with stages  (Read 2229 times)
Hatsodoom
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »

I name the files correctly, put them in the right folders and about 75% of the stages I try to install cause my game to freeze. (FSOD) What the heck dood? This is really cheesing me off! Im srs here

(specter)
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »

What do you rename them all to? Where do you place them? I know you said you renamed them correctly and placed them correctly but if the majority of your stages are freezing then you had to have done something wrong, because I never have any problems with mine.

Hatsodoom
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:50:47 PM »

Well I'll use the Temporal Pinnacle hack for the Dialga Spear Pillar as an example. I rename it to "STGTENGAN_1.pac" and it freezes upon trying to load the stage. The file is placed in F:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee and like I said, some of the stages do work. (25% of them.)

Also the stages that work aren't dependant on the stage itself. I've used two Battlefield hack before, one of them worked and the other didn't.
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:52:41 PM by Hatsodoom » Logged

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:12:27 PM »

Well I'll use the Temporal Pinnacle hack for the Dialga Spear Pillar as an example. I rename it to "STGTENGAN_1.pac" and it freezes upon trying to load the stage. The file is placed in F:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/stage/melee and like I said, some of the stages do work. (25% of them.)

Also the stages that work aren't dependant on the stage itself. I've used two Battlefield hack before, one of them worked and the other didn't.

Ok, upon reading the first line of your post I spotted something wrong already. It freezes because you only have your custom stage replacing STGTENGAN_1 leaving the other two unreplaced. Make three copies of your STGTENGAN_1.PAC, naming them STGTENGAN_2 and STGTENGAN_3.

Any stage that has a "_#" after its name, you'll have to create copies of your custom stage to equal the number of "_#"s the original stage has. For example, Smashville has five .pac files. If you want to replace this stage, you'll have to create five copies of your custom stage's pac, and rename them STG(whatever Smashville's ISO name is)_1, _2, _3, _4 and _5. I have a custom stage over Smashville as well as Spear Pillar, so you can be sure this works.

And for your second question, it's possible that either the hack is bad or you might've needed a .rel file.
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:20:21 PM by (specter) » Logged

Hatsodoom
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:19:41 PM »

Hmm, that's odd but ok. The reason I say odd is because I got two different hacks for cresselia (3) and Palkia (2) and the Palkia worked fine but if you say so. As for the .rel files, the most recent battlefield one I got didn't come with one. Where can I find them?

Hatsodoom
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 10:31:10 PM »

Just tried the TENGAN thing, still froze.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:45:55 PM »

Hmm, that's odd but ok. The reason I say odd is because I got two different hacks for cresselia (3) and Palkia (2) and the Palkia worked fine but if you say so. As for the .rel files, the most recent battlefield one I got didn't come with one. Where can I find them?

Wait so it's not a custom stage you're replacing Spear Pillar with? You're just texturing the Pokemon? If so, then you don't need all three files. That's only if you're replacing the stage completely with a custom-made one. If you're trying to change the appearance of Cresselia, then make sure that .pac file is renamed to STGTENGAN_3.pac. For Palkia, STGTENGAN_2. For Dialga, STGTENGAN_1.

If that still doesn't work, then I'm sorry but I don't know what the deal is other than it's probably just a bad hack. But I've never textured Spear Pillar I've totally replaced it with a custom stage.

All .rel files can be found in the Data Partition in the Resources area of this site. But first, are you trying to port a stage over to another stage that it's not based off of? Because that's what the .rel files are for. If your Battlefield hacks are based off of Battlefield and you're putting it over Battlefield then you don't need a rel. You'd only need a rel if you want your Battlefield-based hack to replace let's say Smashville, and in that case you would have to download a battlefield rel (st_battlefield.rel) and hex edit it into a Smashville rel.

Here is a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170

Just click the first folder you see, then click on "module" and look in that folder for the .rels you need.

Just tried the TENGAN thing, still froze.

Answer what I said above.
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 10:57:11 PM by (specter) » Logged

Hatsodoom
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:47:26 PM »

If that's the case then the texture is either bad or something is just F'ed up on that stage. -_-

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: