Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: New SFX Project: Zero (Johnny Yong Bosch, MVC3) over Link  (Read 7611 times)
IWasAPerson
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 10, 2011, 08:18:22 AM »

Hey guys,

A while back I had ripped some character sfx from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, particularly from Zero. All 68 of them. I wanted to do a full voice replacement for him in Brawl so we didn't have to listen to Link's grunts. I've been messing around with them for a while and I've replaced about 7 of the SFX so far. Kinda tough to find the right sound for each thing.

Sawndz 0.51 is a godsend for this, and it wouldn't be possible without it, but I'll keep posting progress on it here, I don't usually have a lot of time to work on it and am working on like 3 other things.

Changed SFX Progress List (going off of Smashbox 0.57)

Wave3
Wave4
Wave6
Wave8
Wave11
Wave21

The Announcer Call is done (was able to condense it from Zero Suit Samus so it could use the brawl announcer)

The Wiimote sound is done as well. Seeing as how it may take a little while to get the rest of the voices done, I can release the hex packets for the announcer call and the Wiimote before I release anything else, or I can wait until everything is done. Hopefully this won't take me too long, since after this I want to make a sfx pack for Dante.

If anyone wants, I can give you the folder I have all of my Zero wavs in. I know that there's already a couple of rips out there already, but I recorded mine to be optimized on dead space and mine are stereo as opposed to mono. Let me know, since it won't take long to upload them at all.

Akiba Red
Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:35:40 AM »

Awesome. Definitely looking forward to this.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:53:11 AM »

I might not work on Zero for a long while.

I'm kinda waiting to see how BY's V3 vertex turns out...

Though wonderful job getting the rips, its too bad I'd need Riivolution to use them.
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:55:37 AM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 09:47:22 AM »

And once again I praise USB Loader. XD

Thinking about it, I don't know why people don't just have Zero over TLink instead so we can have Link AND Zero, since TLink is pretty useless anyways. ¦D

Not to mention Link works perfectly over TLink, aside from the grabbing issue. I wonder if using a module would fix that though. o.o

Getting back on topic, nice work with this. I'd say go ahead and release the announcer call and wiimote sound now, just for the heck of it to get people started. :3

LKR000
    Mega Kitten

I love brawl hacks :P

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 10:26:15 AM »

Sounds awesome! I always did like JYB as Zero Cheesy

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »

Thinking about it, I don't know why people don't just have Zero over TLink instead so we can have Link AND Zero, since TLink is pretty useless anyways. ¦D

Not to mention Link works perfectly over TLink, aside from the grabbing issue. I wonder if using a module would fix that though. o.o

Getting back on topic, nice work with this. I'd say go ahead and release the announcer call and wiimote sound now, just for the heck of it to get people started. :3

Don't touch Toon Link >:

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 05:17:30 PM »

Don't touch Toon Link >:

Toon Link sucks. I'm still waiting to replace him with Young Link again. XD

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 05:27:22 PM »

Yea. Go ahead and release the announcer call. Awesome Face Been wanting one for awhile.

Don't touch Toon Link >:

How dare you say such things, Wave. I expect better from you. Toon Link is beast.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 09:28:28 PM »

Finally got around to uploading the Announcer Call and Wiimote SFX. Too bad most people (myself included) use gamecube controllers so we'd never hear the Wiimote SFX  Im srs here

EDIT: Disregard that, I botched up the hex packets.

And now to answer a few things: This isn't going over Toon Link, not for a long time. Unless anyone can tell me how to switch which sound bank is loaded with each PSA. I already know how to fix the grapple, but that's easy. Plus, BY and KTH speak the truth: Toon Link is beastly compared to Link before any hacks. Project: M makes this another story though...

And @Velen: I'm not even going to touch TvC Zero, either, until VILE finishes up his .mot to chr0 converter. I talked to him the other day about it and he's making good progress, but it's not like I'm going to bother him any more about it. Once that's done animations will be crazy easy.
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:20:38 PM by IWasAPerson » Logged

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »

Finally got around to uploading the Announcer Call and Wiimote SFX. Too bad most people (myself included) use gamecube controllers so we'd never hear the Wiimote SFX  Im srs here

Announcer Call:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17421

Wiimote SFX:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17422

And now to answer a few things: This isn't going over Toon Link, not for a long time. Unless anyone can tell me how to switch which sound bank is loaded with each PSA. I already know how to fix the grapple, but that's easy. Plus, BY and KTH speak the truth: Toon Link is beastly compared to Link before any hacks. Project: M makes this another story though...

And @Velen: I'm not even going to touch TvC Zero, either, until VILE finishes up his .mot to chr0 converter. I talked to him the other day about it and he's making good progress, but it's not like I'm going to bother him any more about it. Once that's done animations will be crazy easy.

Wat...Explain...

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »

This kind of explains it...http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21212.30. It might make even more sense to read the whole thread...

To sum up that thread into a few sentences, VILE and I were looking at the TvC .mot animation format to crack it. We found out that it was a header format that contained individual files similar to chr0 files. VILE figured out the format first and, as of the last time I talked to him, figured out the last two kinks in the format. So, he's writing a converter for the format (tentatively named .tvca) to convert it from tvca to chr0. After that, to get the resized model to work with them multiply every translation by 11 in each animation. Dunno what else I should say about it, but animations from Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom are almost portable to Brawl.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 10:05:25 PM »

This kind of explains it...http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21212.30. It might make even more sense to read the whole thread...

To sum up that thread into a few sentences, VILE and I were looking at the TvC .mot animation format to crack it. We found out that it was a header format that contained individual files similar to chr0 files. VILE figured out the format first and, as of the last time I talked to him, figured out the last two kinks in the format. So, he's writing a converter for the format (tentatively named .tvca) to convert it from tvca to chr0. After that, to get the resized model to work with them multiply every translation by 11 in each animation. Dunno what else I should say about it, but animations from Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom are almost portable to Brawl.

Well...This will help...

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 12:02:29 AM »

Yea. Go ahead and release the announcer call. Awesome Face Been wanting one for awhile.

Don't touch Toon Link >:

How dare you say such things, Wave. I expect better from you. Toon Link is beast.

"Expect"? Well then that's your first mistake. XD

TL was one of the many wasted slots in Brawl. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. ¦D

Getting back on topic though, good point with the Wiimote thing. o.o It's still nice to have though, in case you're just testing stuff, or you run across that one person crazy enough to try using a Wiimote. XD

Nuke
    Last of the Breed
    Holy Kitten

• Awards FistBump! Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 12:07:01 AM »

This seems Intresting... I like it... This could push me to keep animationg..

FC:4898-8419-2778

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 03:52:28 AM »

This seems Intresting... I like it... This could push me to keep animationg..
    Nuke, you kinda Necro-posted there buddy  ^_^"
    But yeah i want this package! >=O Tongue

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: