KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update

Started by KingJigglypuff, March 16, 2011, 11:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?

Red.
10 (23.3%)
Blue.
8 (18.6%)
Yellow.
5 (11.6%)
Green.
8 (18.6%)
Can't decide.
10 (23.3%)
Not interested.
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Quote from: Mareeo 64 on November 24, 2013, 10:56:47 PM
They made it more true to the original, except his jaw is slightly larger, and he's a little more...jagged I guess. And bigger.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
That looks pretty cool.

If Godzilla manages to get to the top 3, then I'll consider his new design as an alt.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Cool :P He'd be nice to see, even if you do start him later. It'd be worth the wait.

November 25, 2013, 10:35:41 PM #4562 Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:30:01 PM by KingOfTheHillJigglypuff
The poll will last until Noon of 12/01/2013, so get your votes in as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I have some moveset planning to do...
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

November 26, 2013, 08:00:55 PM #4563 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:57:15 PM by KingOfTheHillJigglypuff
Updated the first page with my finished Palutena moveset plan.

So for those who read my plan, how is it?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Oh man, someone wrote up a character, time to come out of the shadows.
bit of a block post so i put it in spoilers
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry if any of that seemed a bit hard to understand or overly critical or whatever.
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on November 27, 2013, 12:09:48 AMWhen I think Palutena, I see images of a character that plays similar to Marth, with long range high priority pokes, that would be drafted into a more defensive play style due to having mobility more akin to Zelda. That being said, it seems sort of like what the command list was going for, so that's pretty cool. Would probably make a couple of revisions, though.
The thing I didn't like about my planned moveset, is that it really seems like just staff swings. Though it's the most balanced route. I did plan Palutena to have a good ranged game, and a poor close up game.

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on November 27, 2013, 12:09:48 AM
It doesn't seem like the character has a decent grounded anti-air option for attackers coming from above and in front/behind her at an angle, so perhaps an up tilt more like Marth's or Link's would suit her kit better.
As much as I would have liked to give her an upward staff swing, I don't want to have her come off as a clone. :-\

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on November 27, 2013, 12:09:48 AMNot a huge fan of the down special either. A radial, Fox reflector style attack doesn't really suit a ranged character's set much. She's a bit of a trickster goddess in Uprising, and her most commonly seen power in that game is teleportation. I think something similar to Meta Knight's down special, without the follow up attack, that also allows her to act out of the ending would be fun to work with. Since the character would presumably lack Marth's attack speed or Dedede's raw power, being able to dance just out of people's reach and jab at them would be an interesting way to set her apart from those other long range types and interject a bit more of her personality into her kit. Just so long as she can't do her normal recovery out of it.
Your idea is a lot better than my original idea. I'll be sure to update the Down Special plan.

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on November 27, 2013, 12:09:48 AM
Now, these are just sort of preference instead of actual suggestions. I'm not a fan of a sex kick for this sort of character. Perhaps something faster, weaker, and a bit better for relieving pressure from people standing right in front or behind you. Y'know, like a Marth neutral aerial. A full bodied diving attack for a down aerial also seems a bit out of place in the set. I'd go for something with a larger range for poking people trying to return to the stage. Maybe not a full on meteor smash, but just something in case her killing power isn't too strong.
That is true. I guess I could sacrifice her damage in exchange for utility. I may consider changing her Down Air.

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on November 27, 2013, 12:09:48 AM
Other than these the move set seems a-ok. The neutral special and up special seems a bit stick for a PSA, but I can't think of anything better for her. It fits well enough anyway. Would say you did a good job on that one. Really happy to see some actual support for a Nintendo character on one of these polls.
Thanks. Do you have any critiques for any of my other planned movesets?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

November 27, 2013, 12:37:25 AM #4566 Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:43:43 AM by Get A Load of This!
I'll give them an honest look over and get back to you later if I have anything meaningful to say. Not sure if your Deoxys or Greninja would even be possible due to a lack of models for them.

Also, don't be afraid to give characters similarly functioning or kind of boring on paper attacks. You'd be surprised how much the minute variables on attacks such as their damage, knock back strength and angle or speed can set them apart from other similar characters. It's like a Mario/Luigi deal. They share a lot of the same animations, but they play very differently. Adding in sound bits and some (tasteful) graphical effects can also really add to the personality of your character. Really, when you strip those things away and think about it, a lot of characters from all three games in the series have attacks that can sort of just be defined as "kick" or "swing sword."
Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on November 27, 2013, 12:37:25 AMI'll give them an honest look over and get back to you later if I have anything meaningful to say. Not sure if your Deoxys or Greninja would even be possible due to a lack of models for them.
If someone were willing to rip the Deoxys models from Pokemon XD and refine them, then that could work. As for Greninja, I'd need a modeler for that.

Quote from: Get A Load of This! on November 27, 2013, 12:37:25 AM
Also, don't be afraid to give characters similarly functioning or kind of boring on paper attacks. You'd be surprised how much the minute variables on attacks such as their damage, knock back strength and angle or speed can set them apart from other similar characters. It's like a Mario/Luigi deal. They share a lot of the same animations, but they play very differently. Adding in sound bits and some (tasteful) graphical effects can also really add to the personality of your character.
Yeah. I know.

Maybe I could have a weak light burst upon collision contact with her staff moves...
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

The poll ends in two days, so vote while you still can.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

December 01, 2013, 05:31:20 PM #4569 Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:33:52 PM by KingOfTheHillJigglypuff
Okay. The poll has ended.

The winner is Palutena with 22 votes.

These are the Results with 58 voters:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

People gotta get their females in Brawl. As long as Palutena doesn't replace Zelda or Pit I'll use her if the moveset is good. A shame DLG didn't win... he's been over a year in the delaying.
Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Wait what? I guess you can't beat the fanbase X3  Good luck with the new creations :)
You Never Know!

December 05, 2013, 04:44:56 PM #4572 Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:40:31 PM by KingOfTheHillJigglypuff
Well the Forums seem to be back up again...

So I'm gonna need someone to do some model edits to MarioKart64n's Palutena model.
-Clean up her model. It's a mess. .-.
-Give her a Talk face.
-Give her moving eyes.
-Give her a proper reflection effect on her shield and gold accessories.
-Give her staff orb a glow effect.
-Fix her shaders, so her hair isn't white on certain stages.
-Give her a bone for her shield, staff, and halo.
-Do any other model/rig fixing if need be.

I'll also be taking suggestions on who Palutena should go over.

Quote from: Kienamaru on December 05, 2013, 01:25:05 PM
People gotta get their females in Brawl. As long as Palutena doesn't replace Zelda or Pit I'll use her if the moveset is good.
I always do the best of my ability to give the most polished result. :v

Quote from: Kienamaru on December 05, 2013, 01:25:05 PM
A shame DLG didn't win... he's been over a year in the delaying.
Quote from: zutox on December 05, 2013, 01:38:25 PM
Wait what? I guess you can't beat the fanbase X3  Good luck with the new creations :)
Well what did you expect? =p
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Also... I suggest you make a new hurt face for her too.

The current one seems very... Ecchi like...

Though I do have ONE question... How will you get voice clips? Or are you not gonna bother with those?
XD

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 05, 2013, 04:52:33 PM
Also... I suggest you make a new hurt face for her too.

The current one seems very... Ecchi like...
I had a feeling you'd ask that. xp

If the modeler wants to do so, then they can give her a new hurt face.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on December 05, 2013, 04:52:33 PMThough I do have ONE question... How will you get voice clips? Or are you not gonna bother with those? XD
At the moment, I don't think it would be very possible to get HQ voice clips of her from KI:U. :-\

Unless someone here has a 3DS Capture card. In that case, then I'd ask if they could get a good chunk of Palutena voice clips.

Also stuff from the Palutena's Revolting Dinner would be good.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]