Sawndz 0.12 - RELEASED

Started by Jaklub, April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 25 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 03, 2011, 06:48:37 PM Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 07:20:27 AM by Jaklub
Sawndz 0.12
The tool to make your sound-replacing much easier.
Downloads
Looking forward the feedback. Thanks for attention.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

awesome i like the New features
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

"New features in 0.061:
- Support for longer sounds
- Automatic hex packet creation
- Automatic insertion of automatically created hex packets"
:happy:

Quote from: SmashClash on April 03, 2011, 06:53:42 PM
"New features in 0.061:
- Support for longer sounds
- Automatic hex packet creation
- Automatic insertion of automatically created hex packets"
:happy:

Approved

April 03, 2011, 07:34:26 PM #4 Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:35:29 PM by MarioDK
is it now possible to replace a sound 00:02 long to 00:03 long if it is then i can easy make SFX for Goku´s kamehameha wave attacks :D (just to be sure if i am not right)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

I'm gonna need to make Naruto over Ike the way it should be.

0_o

LONGER SOUND EFFECTS? I..

I love you :srs: (no homo)

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

April 03, 2011, 07:48:02 PM #7 Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:49:43 PM by Jaklub
Quote from: MarioDK on April 03, 2011, 07:34:26 PM
is it now possible to replace a sound 00:02 long to 00:03 long if it is then i can easy make SFX for Goku´s kamehameha wave attacks :D (just to be sure if i am not right)
Yes. Quality will be a bit lower, but not much.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Well, it seems Sawnds cut off the sound to fit Olimar's announcer call length. How exactly would I get longer sound effects?

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

I'll try to explain it.
Let's say we have a sound effect that can be only one second long. We want to insert a sample that is two seconds long. To do this, we have to speed up our sample twice (so it fits into the limit) and save it in original sound frequency. In Frequency divide field we have to type 2 (because the sound we want to insert is twice as long as the original sound). Frequency of sound will be divided by this value (hence the name of the field). And so, we get 2 seconds long sound.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Ahh, so in order for me to keep the same sound, Id have to half the pitch, so when the frequency is doubled, the noise sounds the same?

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

April 03, 2011, 08:03:16 PM #11 Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:07:13 PM by Jaklub
If you halved the pitch of original sound you have in SmashBox and type 0.5 in Frequency divide, you'd get a 2x faster sound.
If you doubled the pitch of original sound you have in SmashBox and type 2 in Frequency divide, you'd get a 2x slower sound.

If you had a sound that is twice as long as original sound, you'd have to speed it up twice and double pitch while doing so to fit it in the brsar.

Hope it's clear enough. I'm kinda bad at explaining stuff.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Alright, you explained it perfectly. It sure is a hassle though, I'm gonna touch it XD

Thanks to soul for this sexy siggy!
Central Thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=21501.msg402601#msg402601

April 04, 2011, 03:42:24 PM #13 Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:47:27 PM by Jaklub
Another bugfix version, guys.
- WAVE searching works properly - now you can insert e.g. punching sounds with satisfying quality. Found thanks to stickman.
- Fixed fix hex packet creating (I screwed up this one in 0.061, now it works again).
If something does not work right, report.
http://www.mediafire.com/?uqt36rtt5fhb6ak
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

April 04, 2011, 03:52:50 PM #14 Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:54:21 PM by Jaklub
You put automatically generated hex packets into rar. The downloader unpacks them into a folder, opens Sawndz, clicks "Insert Folder", selects one of the files in the folder (it doesn't matter which) and Sawndz loads all the hex packets from that directory, picking the offsets from the filenames. That's for easier sounds distribution.

Shorter, "Insert Folder" loads all the Sawndz generated hex packets from a chosen directory into your brsar.

btw. I need to do proper help file for this program one day.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.