Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: sword effects question  (Read 2162 times)
nova9
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: May 28, 2011, 04:14:32 AM »

ike has a texture to change the color of his slash...how do i use it? i mean what do i name it when i put it on my sd card to get it to show up in the game? (easy question eh?)

nova9
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 05:03:16 PM »

seriously...no answers?

Sliding Ghost
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 05:34:50 PM »

Open FitIke.pac with Brawlbox and look for TextureData[0]. Swordtrace changes the color of his slash. Replace that with the one you want to use.

nova9
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 12:51:07 AM »

thanks man ! Grin

nova9
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 12:24:52 AM »

ok ok..i just downloaded the red slash effect for marths sword but its a pac file...i opened it up but it doesnt have the swordtrace in it...ok can i get some help one more time plz?  Grin

Sliding Ghost
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 01:15:18 AM »

ok ok..i just downloaded the red slash effect for marths sword but its a pac file...i opened it up but it doesnt have the swordtrace in it...ok can i get some help one more time plz?  Grin
Red?

There only seems to be purple, yellow, green, and blue:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=1&Reported=All&Name=*&ByUser=*&Credit=*&Info=*&Thumb1=*&Type=Character--Other*-Marth&TypeAlt=Character&characterType=-Other*&characterListing=Marth

?

I think you mean Ike.

Anyways, after opening the pac, look for TextureData[0], right click on it, and select Export. Get the FitMarth.pac you want to have the sword trace and replace his TextureData[0] with the one you exported. Easy. Smiley Let me know if you have any problems.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:16:43 AM by Sliding Ghost » Logged

nova9
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 10:13:22 AM »

sorry i meant purple and idk how i managed to screw up such easy instructions..but..i did...ok i used brawl box to open the purple slash pac file...i exported it to a folder. then i used brawl box to open fitmarth00 from my sd card and i went to his texture0 data and replaced it with the one i exported. then i saved. i have the fitmarth00.pcs file there and the fitmarth00 pac file with the purple slash all back in the correct place. now when i play the game his costume shows up but now he doesnt have a slash effect at all. his sword just swipes. i also use riivolution...not sure if that matters but i clearly screwed up somewhere...help 

Sliding Ghost
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 04:44:32 PM »

Ah, I said FitMarth.pac, not the FitMarth00.

Ok, let me make it more easier for you. Just rename the FitMarth[PurpleSlash] to FitMarth.

nova9
Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 02:22:57 AM »

that was so easy its embarrassing lol ok it works now..but if i could just ask one more question ok i have two different slash effects one for both costumes..now is there a way to have a slash effect for both costumes?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: