Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 12
Author Topic: Fighter Kirby: Seeking New Project Manager, See Thread For Application Details  (Read 63046 times)
UMOP
Expert Kitten

I accidently the whole status message

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: September 01, 2009, 10:48:54 PM »

Go for it!

CHAMPION!

INTRODUCTION:
    This is what really happens when Kirby swallows Lucario! Sporting a red headband and the total mastery over martial arts and chi attacks, Kirby's fighter ability is one of his most versatile powers. This hack will try to incorporate as many of his attacks as possible, while keeping true to the Kirby series by using only his special button for his new moves. All of his special attacks are getting a complete makeover, the only other things being edited might be his throws.

MOVE DESCRIPTIONS:
    The descriptions will become more detailed when I have working versions of the moves. Please note that the kill percents are taken from the middle of Final Destination against a level 3 Pit (the statistically most average-weighted character in the game), for the most part.

NEUTRAL B:
    Pressing down the special button lets Kirby start focusing his chi. There are 4 different charging levels you can release it into, and in total there are 7 different attacks this can result in. Releasing it immediately on the ground results in the famous Vulcan Jab. He does 5 punches extremely fast, each doing only 1%. Holding the special button once the Vulcan Jab has started lets the attack continue into a combo, going from Vulcan Jab to a Rising Kick, and finally into a Meteor Punch. The Rising Kick deals 4%, and has set knockback that easily sets up another hit. The Meteor Punch deals 6%, and is slightly less powerful than Diddy's dair. Releasing it immediately in the air results in a quick Whirlwind Kick (see side-b).

If you let Kirby focus his chi for more than 10 frames (a sixth of a second for those who aren't in the know), he'll have gathered enough to shoot a ball of energy. There are 3 different levels of this energy blast: level 1 is from frame 10 to frame 60 (1 second), level 2 is from frame 60 to frame 150 (2.5 seconds) and level 3 is releasing it anytime after frame 150. He can keep charging as long as you want, but it'll never go higher than a level 3 hadouken blast. All of the levels have a range of almost half of FD. The level 1 deals 5% and has no kill power, but decent knockback. The level 2 deals 10%, and kills around 150%. The level 3 deals 20%, and kills at around 65%. If Kirby does a hadouken in the air, it cancels his momentum (this was done to make the attack work correctly in the air, not because that's how it's supposed to be).

Kirby can stop focusing at any time by pressing a shield button, but he does not keep the energy he had built up.

SIDE-B:
    Kirby leaps into a Whirlwind Kick, but instead of his traditional Tatsumaki Senpu Kyaku style spin, he opts for a Spinning Bird Kick instead (because I couldn't find a good animation lol). There are 4 kicks to this attack each dealing 5%, and the jump into it has a hitbox for 2%, for a 5 hit combo dealing 22%. The entire move, even the last hit, has set knockback that is just enough to lead into some combos.

There is another part to the side special that I don't think anyone else has done before. If you do the side-b while running, he will instead do a large backflip uppercut fire kick. This move deals 12% and sends the opponent flying straight up, killing at around 100%.

UP-B:
    Kirby does what's technically called his Rising Break. What it is actually is his SHORYUKEN! For those who have been deprived their entire lives and don't know what a Shoryuken is, it's basically doing an uppercut while jumping 10 feet in the air with a flaming fist of fury (well, Ken's does anyway, and that's what Kirby's is based off of). The move comes out fast and has super armor for until the hitboxes show up (which is only 5 frames). It then does a 7 multihit combo (again, based off of Ken's) dealing 2% for each of the first 6 hits and 6% on the last one for a total of 18%. It doesn't kill until about 150%, and puts him into his special fall animation. For recovery, it goes up a little shorter than his Final Cutter did, but can autosnap to ledges on the way up.

DOWN B:
    On the ground, Kirby does one of the few attacks he can do in the canon Kirby games without a copy ability: His slide kick. This move has deals 8 damage, set knockback, and a 50% tripping chance. If you hit with it, Kirby bounces off the opponent, and has a slight amount of lag.

In the air, Kirby does his diagonal dive kick. This move shoots him downward at an angle, and lasts a long time. There are two hitboxes, one on his body for 7% and one on the kick for 9%. If you hit the opponent, it spikes them at the same angle, and Kirby bounces off. If you hit the ground, Kirby will slide a little bit, but with too much lag to utilize as a pseudo-wavedash.

Neither of these moves can be b-reversaled (not sure why, but heck, let's roll with it).

MOVE PROGRESS:
    (Blue - Ready for full release)
    (Green - Working draft done, needs beta testing)
    (Yellow - action codes work, sub-actions aren't finished)
    (Red - No work done yet)

Neutral B:
    Charging Animation
    Vulcan Jab
    Rising Kick
    Meteor Punch
    Whirlwind Kick
    Small Hadouken
    Medium Hadouken
    Large Hadouken

Side B:
    Lunging Whirlwind Kick
    Backflip Fire Kick

Down B:
    Slide Kick
    Dive Kick

Up B:
    SHORYUKEN

OTHER STUFF TO DO:
    Make the throws a little stronger
    Give him a headband ):

DOWNLOADS:
    Finally, all the specials have been completed! After this, it's most likely onto the full release. There are quite a few changes in this version in addition to the down-b. They are as follows:

- The bug in which the charge on the hadouken is reset when you land or fall while charging has been fixed.
     - Hadoukens are now super sexy looking, and have different sounds upon hitting the enemy.
     - Level 1 hadouken has received a nerf in knockback.
     - All levels of hadouken have had a hitbox size change to make them less disjointed.
     - Side b whirlwind kicks have more knockback on the last hit, though it is still set knockback and CAN still lead into combos. Just not as many d:
     - Both side b and neutral b whirlwind kicks have increased damage
     - Backflip Fire Kick has more range, and the bug involved with it has been fixed

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=87VR4CIF

Old Versions:
    V0.1.3(complete): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V7OIWO3Y
    V0.1.3(rushed): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X3G4YAP6
    V0.1.2 (only shoryuken and side-b spinning bird kick): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BHCBV4XP

VIDEOS:
    Once again, S.N.E.S.S. supplies me with a vid with quality I could never achieve.
    V0.1.4:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPdcZdQDwX0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPdcZdQDwX0</a>

Old vids:
    V0.1.3(Complete):
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ipHBElKdA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0ipHBElKdA</a>

V0.1.3(Rushed):
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAtpIl2RtG8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAtpIl2RtG8</a>

HELP NEEDED:
    I still need help figuring out how to give Kirby his snake hat. I haven't tried anything yet, but I really want to be able to give him that hat without it changing the actions he uses or for it to be possible to knock it off him. If anyone has done something similar to this, or has a good idea how to do it, please tell me.
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:18:30 PM by UMOP » Logged

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:07:17 PM »

when you finish a V1 kirby, i'll be happy to make a vid of him. this sounds interesting. cant wait to see it. and doesnt snake have a headband? cant u resize it and put it on kirby? (as u can see, i dunno how to make em, only know how to play em Awesome Face)

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:37:28 PM »

I'm working on a Kirby moveset,too(I'm nearly ready) but release will only be in ten days because tomorrow I'm driving Italy and there I can't really work.
    But now to you:
    This sounds really interesting. I hope this will be so good as you described it.
    I whish you a good progress and be ready when I'm back.

kyzon
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 12:25:12 AM »

try the Dash Attack Graphic for that attack in the pic...

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 02:25:13 AM »

Kirbys dash attack is his yoyo headspin attack.

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

kyzon
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 07:40:25 AM »

oh wait.. i'm thinkin of melee kirby (doesnt play kirby)
    hmm..  well just try a few diff fire elements attatched to his toe and see what looks best

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »

Wait a sec, is this a fitkirby.pac file, or a fitkirbylucario.pac file?

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 07:34:34 PM »

It's a FitKirby.pac file. Sorry if I misled you with that first sentence.

Also, just as an update, I should have a beta version with his entire neutral B soon.

xSpartanLazerx
    Mega Kitten

That's right, I see you.

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 07:39:27 PM »

FitKirby.pac.  The fitKirby[character].pacs don't control his move set.  Just the textures for them.

Founder

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 08:21:17 PM »

Sweetness! I'm using this.

freezinboi280
    Mega Kitten

Busy w/ Classes =[

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 08:38:14 PM »

This is pretty good so far. I especially like how it looks when you use side+B then up+B right after that =]

Even though it's not a finished moveset, i've already decided to keep using it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the other moves turn out to be.

UMOP
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »

Thanks for all the compliments so far, guys. Unfortunately, I'm going to take back what I said, though. I'm having problems looping hitboxes onto the hadouken, so it may be a bit longer than expected for the next beta. Sorry for the delay ):

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:05 PM »

Its ok, that only means that the next release'll be more worth the wait =)

HyperrCrow
    Mega Kitten

Fox, because Melee.

• Awards Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 05:49:50 PM »

Hey UMOP this looks great so far
    And if when youre done with the full version, I can make the video for you
    And about the whole hat staying on thing
    Theres a code to make it so that Kirby can never loose his ability even when he taunts
    Also I got pictures of the moves that are working right so far if you want the link to them for this post,I'd be glad to give em to you
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:47:32 PM by FalcoMaster » Logged

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 10:10:03 PM »

I've got an idea to make Kirby have his Snake Kirby hat out all the time. Just find what event summons his hat and then edit its neutral B move so the throwing of grenades is replaced by your plans for the Neutral B move, although I don't know how that would work, as I've never even opened Kirby up, but the reason I'm bringing this up is I'm making a Fighter kirby texture from Kirby's Snake Hat, and it'd be cool if I could use that hat + the normal B move. omg long post, sorry @_@

BUT that may be in the FitKirbySnake.pac file, which currently isn't editable through ash, idk what's even in there
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 10:12:19 PM by thanyou » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 12
    Print
    Jump to: