Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peach's arms when vertexed go wonky in-game...  (Read 1044 times)
Legendary Super Mario
Lol Kitten

Cape Feather > Super Leaf

• Awards A Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: April 28, 2011, 04:26:28 AM »

I was working on a vertex of mine today and after all the hard work I put into it, the arms sorta go out of place in-game only... I was trying to edit them to be a tad thicker. They look fine in Brawlbox, but not in-game.

In other words, these arms I vertexed made Peach's arms animate incorrectly. If anyone could help me fix them I'd gladly appreciate it!

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »

I already have an idea of what the problem is, but can you post an image of the vertexed Peach that you have done? And have you tried to make a preview in Brawlbox OF THE ANIMATIONS of Peach? How does it look?

Because if in brawlbox the animations are also messed up, which is probably the case, it means you have too extended something, you have a certain limit to extend when you vertex so that the animations are not messed up.

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Legendary Super Mario
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 03:24:42 PM »

That seems to be the case all right...

I'll just have to start her coat again now... At least you gave me the motivation to figure out how to view animations in Brawlbox. I didn't know how to do that at first either.

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »

You seem to be a beginner about vertexing, by judging with your signature, like me because I'm a beginner too in vertexing. But your mistake is something that is very frequent when you begin vertexing. I also made this mistake too. If can give you some advices, when you have changed the form of something and saved it, make some previews of the animations, to see if it is not too messed up (if for example a part of the leg goes a little through Marth's polygon 1 (the bottom) it is not so problematic, but if the arms are completely outside of the clothes, then it is much more problematic...

And also an other thing: I still take Marth's exemple, Marth has rings on his arms, blue rings, don't erase them and try to replace them by an extension of what is behind those rings because the animations will mess up. This is an exemple, but it applies to some other things, you're free to find them. Good luck!

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

Legendary Super Mario
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 03:56:21 PM »

Thanks for all your help... I guess now I should go and work on her coat again... Wink

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: