Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14
Author Topic: Beta Twilight Princess Ganondorf w/ sword. update.  (Read 70333 times)
gemini476
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »

Judging from the pictures, this looks awesome.
I'd love to use it, too, but... yeah. PAL and stuff. I looked everywhere but just can't seem to find the PAL port of the sword code. Is it necessary for the moveset to work? Or are the PAL ports out there somewhere?

Sanitys_Theif
Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #166 on: October 07, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »

Ok this post is only a reply to your last posts, I'll send a video and comments in the next one

today during spanish class i wrote out an outline for a PSA w/o bitvariables

Great use of time in school  AWESOME 2.0!, ah whatever spanish sucks anyways

i havent seen the graphic-less warlock pawnch

I'll do that in the next video

for his Up air, i have 2 options. i have an opinion, but i feel that at this point, u have as much say as I do as to the fate of this PSA.
    my opinion is that cuz its so slow, and it looks soo badass, i just wanna make it hella stronger. like x2? itll be the equivilent of his old up tilt. (exploding foot). hard to pull off but DAMN.

one that i think u would like is speeding it up and make it flow easy to another arial move. no?
    tell me what u think.

That's a tough call, but I just tested his upair quite a bit in a regular brawl match, and I have to say, if you make it like you said, this Ganon will be insanely overpowered, the reason being is his upthrow, since on heavy characters it only sends them high enough just to be hit with another attack, which is great for comboing, but during that time you can get his upair in, and even as it is now, it's an easy guaranteed kill move if you pull off a grab around 100%, if you did the upair like I said, then it would be a nice combo move instead of a cheap easy kill move

No offense on that or anything, I like your idea, but it would probably overpower this Ganon quite a bit considering you can pull off his upair out of a throw too quickly that the opponent can't do anything to defend, so my advice is to make his upair quicker and more of a combo move

1% chance of sword spin up B. cuz i dont wanna mess things up, ill try out a VERY experimental idea on the next update. ill make it trigered to one of his side taunts. that way we can see what it looks like, and still have a playable PSA

Go for it, it'd be awesome to have working, maybe make a separate update solely for testing out the spin attack to progress quicker, just a suggestion, I know it's gotta be a pain doing this

i wanted to see his new into in Brawl mode

Crap I knew I forgot something Awesome Face I'll make sure I do it in brawl this time

i decided down B in air will be a lightning slam. spikes downward, auto-impales on impact with the ground. this WILL NOT REMAIN. THIS IS ONLY FOR THE BETA RELEASE

No offense but I hope so Cheesy, I'd really like to see your idea for the 4 energy shots for downB

u know what? SAKURAI!!!!!!!! his upthrow. idk how to fix it. i dont care. its badass. it cant kill anyway, so i dont care if it sends squirtles flying all the way to skyworld

You know the more I think about this, the more I think it's a better idea, think about it, lighter characters get killed easier, and we got a badass Ganon here, it's actually a good way to balance him, this way he can't combo easy off light characters for quick kills but can combo on heavier characters easier to level things out, this is assuming your keeping the upthrow that varies for different character weights I sure hope your keeping that one

i turned 18! yay! im an adult now! now let me fix this videogame

Congratulations! Now you don't have to take crap from your parents cause you can move out!  AWESOME 2.0! lol just kidding...

btw i saw ur moveset idea prior to ur post (not that i dont apreciate the thought). the problem is that its a guarenteed freeze unless it uses moveswap codes, which dont work with prop modifiers. and secondly, its an all-or-nothing basis. so it would be pointless to use via PSA.

however, i WILL be using that technology in my future project.
    wats that u ask? Kakashi mother SAKURAI!!!!!!!!ers! (yes i realize that there is currently a Kakashi PSA). however, mine will be snake, using Sheik's moveset. ill be making a PSA for sheik, for Snake to use. its gonna be fun on a bun

tri-wing screwdrive is in the mail!....from china.....probably have it next week...lol

Ah fooey not impressed, well Link's spin attack isn't happening, but I'm sure you can find something else

As for kakashi, that sounds sick!, I haven't tried out the current kakashi but I admit that having sheiks moveset would imitate him more since sheik is already so ninja like Cool

Getting a screwdriver from China? Have fun waiting Awesome Face

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #167 on: October 07, 2009, 11:41:51 AM »

Ok here's the vids, it's in 2 parts cause unfortunately the game kept freezing, Running A and Sidesmash via A+Direction AND C-stick cause the freeze  I see what you did there ...

VIDEOS:
    PART 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=59KUW9F6
    PART 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=87OE15TA

NOTES:
    PART 1
    -Side Taunt facing left is new, looks kinda cool, maybe if the animation was a bit slower and smoother it would look better

-Still weird graphics problem on up taunt when facing different directions

-Gerudo Razor is now activated by hitting A(I start testing at 0:52), then holding it for the second hit, then hitting B, and the rest comes out automatically(I tried to do it how you said but it didn't work) and can be cancelled at any time, has a weird coin pop up on second hit sometimes Awesome Face, and... well the last hits are kinda overpowered, not by much considering how unlikely it'll be that you'll actually hit with these, but if possible, it'd probably be better if you ould just make the Gerudo Razor simple and effective by making it all A button activations and making it quick and smooth like Link's AAA combo, IMO it would be much more effective in a fight, it'll have good range and you can give it some good damage considering it is Ganon here, if this is possible it would give him a deadly barrage that's usefull but not cheap

-Sparta kick is back

-Running A and Sidesmahs freeze wii

-@2:20 you can see the neutral A sword stab has a very disjointed hitbox, IDK if this was intentional

-@6:20 I start testing the range of Gerudo Razor and knockback on last 2 hits

-@12:09 Uptilt, well it's new, but honestly, it's highly ineffective, the range is bad, I'd throw a sparta kick before the uptilt any day, no offense but this kinda needs to change

-Ganon still walks very slow, just want to know if this is intentional?

-@13:55 Upair viciously spikes down not impressed, change please  Awesome Face, it's very cheap even though it's unlikely you'll pull the hit off and... well I have notes on it in my post above

-@ near end of video shows Warlock punch in air, no graphics, still needs to be weakened and increased in range a little

PART 2:
    -Down B in air same, I knwo ur changing it Tongue, just didn't know if it was supposed to be changed for this one Grin

-DownB counter still same, no counterattack, yeah as for my suggestion on that, I'd rather have it make Ganon completely invincible and throw out a counterattack right when he's hit, because honestly the idea of taking damage and throwing out the counter when you want seems a little too complicated to do, I just don't see it happening, the whole thing with the timer and holding down B sounded kinda cool but I'm pretty sure Ganon will still be grabbable, and against people with tether grabs like Link and Samus, his counter would be rendered useless unless you give the counterattack some massive range, and then it might be cheap,

So for now I say try getting a simple counter working with full invincibility and automatic counterattack right when hit, then build on it later if you want

That's that I think, lemme know what your analysis is on this when you can Kirby Dance

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• Awards Fiery Topic Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #168 on: October 07, 2009, 03:47:37 PM »

Alright. Im writing this on an itouch from spanish class. WTF!?!? Freezing? Really?? [censored]
    Ill try 2 fix that 2nite.that sux. Ill take ur suggestion on the up air. Its supposed have 3 hitboxez in the shape of a triangle. Depending which hitbox ur hit wifh, ull get sent up diagonal down left, or diagonal right down.

Ill look @ the vid when i get home 2nite. ill see the gerudo razors power level problem. A coin sound. Really?
    Up tilt bad? At least its working.
    I didnt touch his walk... Idk wat thats all about. Ill take a look. Probably a stupid mistake or somthing. 
    Believe me. I want a normal counter too. But theres no command for it that any1 discovered. And it uses our good friend bit varibles... No thanx. Ill change the down b sohe can counter attack. Ill make him invincible. Ill try to do the timer idea. 7 seconds is fine

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #169 on: October 07, 2009, 06:21:26 PM »

WTF!?!? Freezing? Really?? SAKURAI!!!!!!!!

Woah it's not that bad, I'm sure you can fix it Cheesy

Ill take ur suggestion on the up air. Its supposed have 3 hitboxez in the shape of a triangle. Depending which hitbox ur hit wifh, ull get sent up diagonal down left, or diagonal right down.

Cool, ummmm yeah from the one in your last update it only had one hitbox as far as I know, lemme check again.....oh no your right, but umm yeah that should be changed because 90% of the time I get the hit off it spikes down, you said you'd take my suggestion so this idea is assuming your going to go through with that....

Now, having it spike down isn't a bad idea so much, it's just again it's pretty overpowering, I mean that spike hits damn hard and it's where the attack hits the most, I would suggest taking out the spike by reversing the angles so it sends them upwards at those angles instead of down because of 3 reasons:

1) It's an overpowered feature, considering the attack hits the most on the spike and that spike hits hard
    2) It seems out of place, like if someone were to just try this PSA out and have that happen it would be a WTF!? type of reaction, it makes it seem like there's some glitch or something wrong with Ganon rather than a cool new feature, speaking simply, the spiking feature does not fit right here
    3) ...Damnit I had another reason I forgot Awesome Face, I think maybe it was that it won't be good for combo followups at low damage with the spikes

I hate to gnaw at this idea but it honestly doesn't fit well, sry Lips Sealed, I would reverse the angles to send the opponent upwards at angles on the sides

Another thing is that the hitbox that sends the enemy straight up is very small and has like... no range, I suggest increasing the vertical range on that attack a little and expanding it to the sides a bit more to fit the graphic better, then the very outer edges of the graphic should have the hitboxes that send the enemy upwards at an angle

Hey if you want to spice this attack up a bit, could you maybe make it so that if you hit your opponent right on Ganon's hand, he grabs them, and then smashes them down like he does with his side B, would that be possible? Just an idea

A coin sound. Really?
    No it's not a sound.... it's an actual coin.... it pops above Link's head on the second hit of the Gerudo Razor(I think) like with Mario's up B attack Awesome Face

Up tilt bad? At least its working.
    No yeah it's working... it's just.... not a good or useful attack Lips Sealed Sparta kick completely overshadows it's ability to be useful

I didnt touch his walk... Idk wat thats all about. Ill take a look. Probably a stupid mistake or somthing.

Yeah he starts off walking very, and I mean VERY slowly, I think he gets to accelerate to his old speed but it takes a while, let me know if it's not in the video

Believe me. I want a normal counter too. But theres no command for it that any1 discovered. And it uses our good friend bit varibles... No thanx. Ill change the down b sohe can counter attack. Ill make him invincible. Ill try to do the timer idea. 7 seconds is fine

Well you made some cool changes using bitvariables, they just needed to be tweaked a little, but alright I'm anxious to see how the counter will turn out
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:24:04 PM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #170 on: October 07, 2009, 07:36:43 PM »

actuially, the only things ive done with bitvariables were the only things that got messed up. the fact of the matter is that we dont know everything about the codes of this game, and while choosing numbers at random is statisticly viable to yeild vacant results, it is not guarenteed. and due to the anoynmous-ness of the abiguous bit variables, its unfeasable to arive at any conclusions regarding the identity of the bitvariable in question. even if one were able to postulate an identity, this does not assure its sucess seeing how the commands we are using were constructed with certain parameters in mind, and therefore, we can not conclude that their function will yeild similar results without said parameters.

ill take a look at the vids and try to fix it. if it turns out to be 2 big of a job, ill finish it 2mrw. ill have to take a look before i can say 1 way or the other.
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 07:38:07 PM by Quicksilver » Logged

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #171 on: October 07, 2009, 08:21:06 PM »

wow. no wonder u hate the up tilt. that is NOT what i wanted him to do. but thats veryt insigtful to how this program behaves. his up tilt is SUPPOSED to be a slash uppercut. cuz i use syncronious timers on this one, its not activating cuz his sword is not in the air. whereas, the hitboxes are consistently on his foot cuz i made his sparta kick, gerudo razor, and up tilt all subaction 122. all the hitboxes are activated (including ones synked to the bootom of his foot). when i mistyped and labeled "Swing3" as "swing3", the typo made it so PSA program did not recognize any command, so it did the closest animtation in the sequence, in this case, side tilt animation.

i feel like a detective. yay

ill fix that in a jiff.

ur right. what ill do (so i can still have the triangle effect, is make the hitboxes send you upward at 100, 90, or 80 degree angles, depending on which one u get hit by. eitherway, ur hit upward at almost the same angle.
    ill speed it up for ya

ur right, the side taunt would look cool slowed down.
    and ill fix those graphic glitches too.

heres the hard part. idk whats wrong with the flags on the Gerudo razor. lmao. i can say honestly that those were random. i didnt put in the coin or that random red thing (even tho it looks cool. ill bookmark that flag to use for a later date).
    to fix this, ill have to take the flags of another move and work my way up.
    what this means is that the flags of his sword will have to be just a jab-effect on them (liek mario's neutral A hit kind of responce. same % and knockback as ganon's previous moves, just looks different) once i get a starting point, and make sure that it works (which i dint do before i programed the last flags in), then i can do all the flags in one update.
    so basicly, the next update will have funny graphics and ull be able to hear the sword differently, but itll be basicly the same.

ok so i can fix all of this. the thing i really dont know what went wrong is the freezing on those moves. they look fine to me. im just gonna try restarting there flags and see if that helps at all.

ok now to something less technical: i think we should keep the up smash weak like this. i say this because all of his sword moves are unique in that they send the opponent flying very close to horozontally.  his side B , foward air, and down air all spike the opponent down. ganon is a beast at sending his opponent flying. except, upward. if we made his able to kill like this by giving him a proper up smash, hell be a beast in every direction.

most characters cant kill in all directions like that. all of iceclimbers moves send them up or down (obviously there is horizontal movement, but its primarily vertical. lucario only has 1 move that hits upwards well. king DeeDeeDee is bad at killing upward cuz his up air is a rapid-hit, and his up smash is ok, but not good.

i think the move should stay as is, only just alittle bt stronger. its still not gonna be like his old up smash would be.

also, ill turn down the up throw, but i cant change the fact that it affects diff characters differently. theres no getting around that. ill decrease knockback nonetheless for the sake of much-needed balence.

idk how im gonna fix the sword smashes, end animation on downB and warlock punch. ill figure it out tho. ill just need to find an answer Smiley

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #172 on: October 07, 2009, 08:23:23 PM »

Judging from the pictures, this looks awesome.
    I'd love to use it, too, but... yeah. PAL and stuff. I looked everywhere but just can't seem to find the PAL port of the sword code. Is it necessary for the moveset to work? Or are the PAL ports out there somewhere?

im very sorry about that. that was very inconsiderate of me. i didnt even think about PAL users using the PSA. i would be more then glad to translate this to PAL for u.

in addition, ill make an alternite version of this PSA without sound (cuz i know that the sound gets messed up when using a NTSC PSA on PAL Wii.
    ill get those for u. sry out that Smiley

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #173 on: October 07, 2009, 08:43:56 PM »

ill finish tommorrow

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #174 on: October 07, 2009, 08:45:22 PM »

Damn, didn't know you're all still so in the dark on this coding business, I'm even more surprised now at how much you and other coders have been able to pull off, I thought some of my suggestions were a little too out there before, but now it seems like some of what I ask is like asking my uncle not to touch the pie at thanksgiving, not gonna happen Awesome Face still you've done great so far given what you have to work with Kirby Dance

Upair changes sound great, can't wait to try it out Cheesy

Random on the Gerudo Razor? Yea I kinda thought something was up when I saw that coin pop up AWESOME 2.0!

For the upsmash, your right it seems fine the way it is now, your analysis on it is very good though, I actually never noticed that other characters had a weak direction good eye there detective Cool

For the upthrow, yeah if upwards is his weak direction IDK how sending opponents to mars would fit in Awesome Face don't stress over it though just do what you can

Good luck on the rest, those little instances are a nuisance but I'm sure you can figure something out

No problem take your time, no ones rushing you

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #175 on: October 07, 2009, 11:05:07 PM »

im rushing myself. college apps start really soon. this is never ever going to happen once i start worrying about those. gota finish this quick b4 ill be off of hacking for a month or two.
    thats why im releasing a non-perfected beta as my final.

btw. I FIGURED IT OUT! it was actually a new find. i tried the change frame rate command. it basicly speeds something up (the wii reads time as going slower for that character. essentially the same thing). in the Roy PSA, they used it to skip over parts of animations to emphacize other parts of them. i wanted to take the "skipping over" literally. i couldnt get the sparta kick to work without a sword uppercut before it. so i put the sword attack as x12 speed. itd go so fast u wouldnt see it, then hed go to his sparta kick.
    turns out the wii couldnt handle it.
    im gonna try x4. see how that goes. heres a quick fix. this is the same as the previous version, only that 1 detail changed.
    this is more for your convenience so u can play it while im fixing it. Smiley
    also, im gonna change the intro alteration. looked better b4
    fine ill fix the up throw :-p

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #176 on: October 08, 2009, 12:33:29 AM »

update! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PJTFXCV0
    fixes on side taunt, up throw, gerudo razor, down B, side smash, side smash', up tilt, up B (graphics), up taunt (graphics.. i think),
    and....
    WALOCK PAWNCH!!! (i found it!)
    YESZ!

now go kill that little blonde kid and his little fairy too!
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:34:55 AM by Quicksilver » Logged

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #177 on: October 08, 2009, 12:49:24 AM »

Hey if you wanna stay online a bit longer I'll have a video up in about 20 minutes

Quicksilver
    Hyper Kitten

woof

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #178 on: October 08, 2009, 12:51:26 AM »

ok. ill check back in like 45 min or an hour

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #179 on: October 08, 2009, 01:22:32 AM »

Video done, uploading video and writing down comments right now

Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14
    Print
    Jump to: