Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Demonsplay on July 09, 2010, 03:48:31 PM
Suggestions right? Can we have a friends list connected to our proifle, or a more obvious one if it exists? I want to know who i freinded and have easy access to their pages :srs:


^You mean this thing that shows your buddies?

Wow...to trick your members to try to do something like that...very risky..

Quote from: dingoberriz on July 09, 2010, 04:25:15 PM
Quote from: Demonsplay on July 09, 2010, 03:48:31 PM
Suggestions right? Can we have a friends list connected to our proifle, or a more obvious one if it exists? I want to know who i freinded and have easy access to their pages :srs:


^You mean this thing that shows your buddies?
Quote from: Demonsplay on July 09, 2010, 03:48:31 PM
or a more obvious one
Hello! I am not a regular poster! Just when I'm bored I post once in the family thread!

a common screenname of mine is Osamodas, though on some games I mispell as Osamada. I am looking to change the name, as I am an indesicive bastard :D

July 10, 2010, 12:22:15 AM #33 Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:24:54 AM by Vishkugeta
Something like this?


Welll after dingo pointed out basically what i wanted, i'd just like that to be upgraded :<
Hello! I am not a regular poster! Just when I'm bored I post once in the family thread!

a common screenname of mine is Osamodas, though on some games I mispell as Osamada. I am looking to change the name, as I am an indesicive bastard :D

That looks cool
Be even moar awesomer if we went to something like that

Quote from: dingoberriz on July 09, 2010, 04:25:15 PM
Quote from: Demonsplay on July 09, 2010, 03:48:31 PM
Suggestions right? Can we have a friends list connected to our proifle, or a more obvious one if it exists? I want to know who i freinded and have easy access to their pages :srs:


^You mean this thing that shows your buddies?

I think he's meaning like friend codes or on youtube, when you add someone they're not your friend until they approve it

Hello! I am not a regular poster! Just when I'm bored I post once in the family thread!

a common screenname of mine is Osamodas, though on some games I mispell as Osamada. I am looking to change the name, as I am an indesicive bastard :D

Quote from: Demonsplay on July 09, 2010, 03:48:31 PM
Suggestions right? Can we have a friends list connected to our proifle, or a more obvious one if it exists? I want to know who i freinded and have easy access to their pages :srs:

Profile > Modify Profile : Edit Buddies

And forum modifications are usually out of the question unless they deal with Brawl Vault (I know how to get what I need) or if you can link me to a pre-packaged SMF mod.


Lol Milkaholic REALLY used his time here wisely <_<

I have a suggestion. Adding a new button such as "Alphabetical", "Newly Added", and "Top Downloads". After "Top Downloads" the new button will be named "Updates Since Last Visit". You know, because if you have a few favorite project upcoming updates, you might want to check up on them easier, as you might forget. ;)

I read the first few things on the first page, it seems there is alot of drama going on in the dark corners :P

I have a suggestion, and would be willing to help if possible:

Alot of times people post ridiculous requests in the texture requests thread (usually people who post in there are their first and only post, asking for a custom PSA, vertex, and texture)

I suggest two ideas... One is that a permission is set so that five posts a required to start a topic in the texture requests section.

The other suggestion is that their be a sticky post that would be "advice" to newcomers... I PM'd Vyse with a basic sample of what could be posted...

I used to run my own forums before, and I found the first option was pretty effective in eliminating alot of what would be, and usually was, ridiculous requests that never got filled...


That's my little bit, let me know what you think!

~Foxxy

Most recent creation:Naruto/Sasuke over DK/Diddy

Temporary persona until I get something drawn...

May I suggest using an embedded mibbit chat box rather than the java applet for our chat room?  Everyone seems to have trouble with it, and mibbit is far superior anyways.

Quote from: LordNOaH on August 23, 2010, 03:43:57 AM
May I suggest using an embedded mibbit chat box rather than the java applet for our chat room?  Everyone seems to have trouble with it, and mibbit is far superior anyways.

I agree, I get forced to mibbit anytime I go to the chat anyway. Just annoying as hell to have to do so.

Quote from: dingoberriz on August 23, 2010, 04:13:53 AM
Quote from: LordNOaH on August 23, 2010, 03:43:57 AM
May I suggest using an embedded mibbit chat box rather than the java applet for our chat room?  Everyone seems to have trouble with it, and mibbit is far superior anyways.

I agree, I get forced to mibbit anytime I go to the chat anyway. Just annoying as hell to have to do so.
Indeed >_> I go to mibbit daily but it's to bad that it's not embed here :-\