Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates

Started by Miacis, September 12, 2009, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Many of you have probably noticed that banner we had at the top of the forums for a few days. Indeed, there's been some changes in the Staff, and as soon as we announced that we were recruiting, we received an amazing number of applications for both BV Staff and Curators. So many in fact, that we simply had to pick a bit more people than initially planned.

It was a pretty difficult choice, and we had to relunctantly set aside a lot of really good applications. Rest assured, we're keeping them in mind in case we need to recruit more people later on. And don't worry, just because we didn't pick you doesn't mean we don't like you.  ;)

Anyways, without further ado, here are our new elected recruits:



Replacing SJS and Segtendo as Curators:
- br3compactor
- hinata2000100
- LC-DDM
- LightningReturns
- Riddler
- Rockman

As you may notice, we've once again tried to strike a bit of a balance between active vets, more recent users, and more "lurker" types. Post count and years of forum experience aren't everything for this job.


Replacing SJS and Puraidou as BV Staff:
- A Bloody Canadian
- Haseyo (ν•˜μ„Έμš”)
- Scout
- Theytah

Once again, we tried to diversify the profiles a little bit. Not just post counts, but also personality and personal background. Something like that.


Also, replacing Segab as Global Moderator, dRage makes a triumphant return! He's... actually been around for a few days already, but I figured now would be as good a time as any to announce it.



There might be a few more non-staff-related changes coming up on the forums too, so stay tuned for that!
In the meantime, I'll pe preparing to accomodate for our new guests.
  :)
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.


Woah, I got the position! Can't wait to start raising the average quality level (with previews at the very least). :)


Best of luck to the new guys. If any of you need some help or advice about the blog or moderating the Vault, just shoot me a PM.
Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.


Congratulations!
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

I actually never believed I could get the position... time to make the Vault clean!

Nice job guys!
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Wow, so many new additions to the staff. Congratulations to everyone.

Well done and good luck with the new positions guys.

:(

i didn't get in...

congrats to those who did though. :D

Congratulations to the new Staff and Curators!
I wish you the best of luck.



Yaaaaay! Again congratulations to all the new staff.
This is so exciting to see new faces of the staff. I hope they give it there best and make the vault a better place for the new people to enjoy. (Sorry if i went over board with this. Just very happy :))

Congratulations guys! The list is full of people I see a lot of and deserve the positions they got!