Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 1004736 times)
Vyse
Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1980 on: March 31, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »

There's already a pretty easy way to do that. I've mentioned it twice.

Make a forum account for your team, share its login info with team members, and use it to upload things. Collab the actual creator(s) so their stats are updated appropriately. Then you have an easy link to a Vault page with all of a team's hacks on it.

It's simple, elegant, and doesn't compromise any of BV's core tenets.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #1981 on: March 31, 2012, 12:20:39 AM »

Likes aren't an indicator of quality. They just mean some people like a thing. People like plenty of things that I don't think are worth the praise.

People superficially attaching value to a bunch of numbers isn't our problem.
    If someone likes something, they must think its good. It can be an indicator of quality.

Use the info box like everyone else. Do what I suggested before and make an LST account to upload with. I'll be blunt: we're not going to change everything just because you want more attention.
    We do, I'm asking for something else more attention grabbing than text.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. I've thought about it plenty; I don't pull these opinions out of a hat. I don't believe the community is big enough to afford the kinds of petty squabbles that arise from team divisions. Like this one happening now.
    I agree with agreeing to disagree.

That's not what we do.
    ]Yeah you've mentioned that before.

That is just how I would interpret an LST pin. If people attach meaningless value to a stat, it isn't your problem because after all an LST pin would be nothing more than another stat.

Also I've already considered making an LST account just to collab stuff to but there could be problems with that.

-Everyone would have access to any hack on the team. What if someone ragequits and messes with all the entries or something. It probably wouldn't happen though, I fully trust everyone on LST but everyone is capable of anything under the right circumstances.

Even if only one person has access to the team account and just asks everyone to collab the Team account in all their entries, It would be rude to ask everyone to full out trust that one person. It could cause some fights.

-It would probably mess up the top downloaded artist list, not that I mind but for people who aren't part of a team might find it unfair that a spot is being taken by a team rather than an individual.

-It would help the sort by team thing, but I really just want an image to say we are part of a team not more text.

Anyways I'll drop it now. The only valid reason you have for not adding this feature, is a good one. The amount of time/resources that would have to be used to get a feature like this working is waaaaaaay too much for such a small image.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:21:49 AM by StarWaffle » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1982 on: March 31, 2012, 12:27:23 AM »

Anyways I'll drop it now. The only valid reason you have for not adding this feature, is a good one. The amount of time/resources that would have to be used to get a feature like this working is waaaaaaay too much for such a small image.
    I wouldn't say that's the only valid reason, but OK, consider it dropped.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1983 on: March 31, 2012, 01:19:34 AM »

There's already a pretty easy way to do that. I've mentioned it twice.

Make a forum account for your team, share its login info with team members, and use it to upload things. Collab the actual creator(s) so their stats are updated appropriately. Then you have an easy link to a Vault page with all of a team's hacks on it.

It's simple, elegant, and doesn't compromise any of BV's core tenets.
    oops! Sorry must of missed it. hmmm... I guess I'll just keep aiming for a Spotlight instead.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1984 on: March 31, 2012, 02:55:47 AM »

just make a dummy user... i did it too when i made newgen... actually, that user still exists, and if u search by creator and enter newgen, u'll get not only my hacks, but the hacks from all the team members back then.

its really simple

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #1985 on: March 31, 2012, 11:05:16 PM »

Ah, classic KC:MM response. "If you have a problem, fix it yourself."

But seriously, the Brawl Hacking community is not very large. But it's not small either. It's a nice medium sized community. And some of the people with talent can afford to band together and form teams. What's the harm in that? SPOILER ALERT:
    There is no harm in it.

If we were one big hacking team, what would happen? Would we be constantly fighting for our hacks to be in the limelight? Fight for power? Get along and make banners? I have no idea. All I know is that how it stands now, each individual team has the opportunity to feature who they want and run their team howsoever they want. And if we were one big hacking group, who would be in charge? KC:MM? No thanks. And for the record, being proud of your work and your team does not make you an attention whore or an elitist.

And back to the origins of this whole unnecessary affair. One of two things needs to happen to the Facebook banner:

1) Change it to reflect the Brawl Hacking community. The banner text would have to be changed, obviously. Also, someone who's up to date on the hacking scene could add images to reflect how much Brawl hacking has evolved.

2) Change it to reflect the KC:MM Hacking team. KC:MM's name is already on the banner twice and once in the profile picture. All that would have to be changed are the banner images.

Can't be any clearer than that.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #1986 on: March 31, 2012, 11:39:53 PM »

And for the record, being proud of your work and your team does not make you an attention whore.
    No, it doesn't.

But asking to be set apart in BrawlVault, when you already have your own blog to spotlight your own stuff and you get crossposted on our blog for free? I'd say that does.

I either agree with or don't see the point in arguing about the rest of what you said.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1987 on: April 01, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »

If I may, and I wouldn't want to disrupt you guys in you're conversations, but can you please explain to me why all of you're moderators you have here are out to get me?

I keep getting warned when all I do is help this site. This is actually the one site that I actually like. But my opinion on that is changing. I keep getting marked for posts that I only make that are for the sake of the site.

Recently, I've been getting reported for the silliest reasons ever, and one of you're moderators were nice enough to throw one of my importaint threads in the recycle bin, when I was actually about to get feedback. I'm not complaining, but somone has to do somthing about this ridiculousness. I've done nothing to intentionally bother or hurt this site in any way, like how that one user reported all of PAVGN's hacks. I'm not a troll. I don't do that sort of thing. The only people who deserve to be warned or moderated are people who intentionally attack this site. Only trolls deserve getting banned, not people who try to help the site.     

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1988 on: April 01, 2012, 10:14:20 AM »

Well, according to the bin, you made a thread in all caps.

It's disruptive.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1989 on: April 01, 2012, 10:21:09 AM »

There's a sub-forum called "Moderation Corner" at the bottom of the forum index for these type of questions and concerns.

And since I've warned you before, let me answer in the simplest way possible.
    The forums have rules, you've infringed them and that's why you've been warned several times.
    There isn't a special bias against you.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1990 on: April 01, 2012, 10:29:55 AM »

I understand that, cx. But somone should of at least Private messaged me telling me that I should simply fix the name, right? Same goes for other reasons. People make mistakes bro.

If we accidently do somthing wrong we should be told. And about that thread I made. That moderator decided it would be nice enough to throw it in the bin when the only *issue* was the title. Didn't anybody read the thread? It was a very importaint question. But nobody except one person were cool enough to answer it. 

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1991 on: April 01, 2012, 10:31:10 AM »

Well, you could always make the same thread, but not in caps...

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1992 on: April 01, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »

I understand that, cx. But somone should of at least Private messaged me tailing me that I should simply fix the name, right? Same goes fur other reasons. People make mistakes bro.

If we accidently do somthing wrong we should be told. And about that thread I made. That moderator decided it would be nice enough to throw it in the bin when the only *issue* was the title. Didn't anybody read the thread? It was a furry impurrtant question. But nobody except one purrson were cool enough to answer it.  
    1) Whenever you get warned, you're suppawsed to recieve an automated PM tailing you about the reason of your warning. In your case: "Disruptive Behavior: pawsting in ALL CAPS, in topic titles and/or messages. (And wrong section.)"

2) It's been several monthes that whenever we warn a message, we send it to the recycle bin. That way we don't keep infringing stuff lying around in the open.
    And it's not fur show if you can see your own pawsts in the Recycle Bin, btw. It's meant to allow you to repawst your deleted message. (Without the All Caps Title of course.)

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1993 on: April 01, 2012, 10:49:20 AM »

Thank you fur tailing me. Also, since you mentioned it, you said my thread was posted in the wrong section. That wasn't a request, but if there's gonna be a problem I should just post in the request thread, right?
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:52:05 AM by xxTerminatorxx » Logged

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1994 on: April 01, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »

Is this all a [censored]ing joke? It sure seems like it..

Pages:  1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: