Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thinking of switching to Riivo, but have some questions...  (Read 1970 times)
DocStrange
Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 01, 2011, 07:49:48 AM »

I basically just wanted to clarify a few things to finally make my mind up...

a) Does the stage expansion system (the newest one with 78 stages) work at all with Riivo?

b) Is it true that Dantarion's alternate stage loader doesn't work at all?

c) Besides being able to put in sounds and using multiple modsets at once (B+, B-, etc), what are the benefits of using Riivolution?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 07:57:52 AM »

1) I'm not sure about the 78-stage one, but I've uploaded a modlauncher for riivo that allows for around 30 or so.

2) You're right about that, at least from my experience.

3) You probably know that Riivo can play alternate cutscenes. Riivo is also a lot quicker to launch, since it only loads the files you need instead of every single one all at once.

Hope that helps!

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
    Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 07:59:55 AM »

Thanks a lot!

It looks like I'm not going to switch, as much as I'd like to use stuff like Shadow over DK (without Shadow making monkey noises) I love my tons of stages too much to part with them.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 08:10:12 AM »

Why don't you install the USB Loader and make an ISO of your Brawl disc? That way you can add songs, thp's, vertex's, texture's, psa's and such without having to use any codes at all. You can have your shadow sounds over DK and still run the Codes using the build-in Ocarina in the USB Loader. I use the USB Loader to play a lot of games, it's really useful Smiley And doesn't require either Gecko or Riivolution x)

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 10:33:18 AM »

Yeah, but Riivolution nullifies any and all file limits that can be imposed by USB Launcher.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »

Yeah, but Riivolution nullifies any and all file limits that can be imposed by USB Launcher.
    The USB Loader has no limits in due to file limits since you can replace the original files in the ISO itself. It wouldn't complain about file limits at all. At least i haven't had that yet.

TheHatMan
    Hyper Kitten

hee hee he...ITS SHOW TIME!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »

Riivo allows for the use of Sound (not music files) to be modified, and you can replace cutscenes with custom ones. Riivo also runs 10x faster then USB Loader's Gecko, or Gecko itself. That being said, Riivo can run standard Gecko codes other then the File Loader, since it will freeze the game if you have that code in your gct.

If your into using the File Patch Code's setup, I suggest that you use BeyondYou's Riivo XML, located in the Vaults. That way, all of your files that you had for Riivo does not need to be moved, since the XML is set up to mimic the set up the File Patch Code has. Just remember for all CSP etc, to use the common5 file, and not the sel_character file

"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning Tongue

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me

Wasabi_Skillz
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 01:51:27 PM »

1) I'm not sure about the 78-stage one, but I've uploaded a modlauncher for riivo that allows for around 30 or so.

2) You're right about that, at least from my experience.

3) You probably know that Riivo can play alternate cutscenes. Riivo is also a lot quicker to launch, since it only loads the files you need instead of every single one all at once.

Hope that helps!

With that xml, how do you have to have files arranged? I've been using the Ocarina xml and I have, in my RSBE folder, BalancedBrawl; BrawlMinus; BrawlPlus; and shared.

Basically everything is in my shared folder, since I don't care about Minus Balanced or whatever and is organized like the standard way.

I tried following the directions using the standard format and I get the different stage menu with a ton of hanebow stages on the second page. I put in the st_customXX.rel and st_customXX.pac in the right folder and numbered the right location (i don't mess up with .rel related matters).

When I chose the stage, the game stopped running, but the home button on the wiimote still worked with all its functions.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: