Projects of the Unknown ~ Aaaaaand we're back, KHats shall be made!

Started by Anonymous, June 18, 2011, 02:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

This poll
0 (0%)
Is here
0 (0%)
to be
0 (0%)
a LIE
0 (0%)
(So it isn't a poll)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Welcome to my thread of PSA's and imports!
here I will post updates about my current PSA's and  any imports that accompany them, aswell as polls so others can share some ideas and opinions.
PSA's in the vault
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Idea recycling
-Empety'd-

great work for a first hack *awaiting more progress*  ;D

Definitely looks nice, I have no intention of using it but I can see this being useful in the future.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Great, now we have a moveset for both Pit AND Marth that involves Sora. DON'T MAKE ME CHOOOOOSE *Cries*

Anyways, for your first hack, it's not too bad... But can you give some like to his normal stance animation?


Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 18, 2011, 05:32:43 AM
It's... meh.

This is essentially trolling.  Comments like these are useless.  How bout actually offering the guy something constructive.

 :srs:
Does that mean if I said I liked it, that would have been useless as well unless I said why?

But whatever then... some feedback.
And first off by "meh" I mean it was average. Not bad but nothing special. And yes I acknowledge it is only beta.

First of all lightning, fire, and blizzard are especially unoriginal choices for attacks. You could take any Final Fantasy character (Sora is similar enough) and give him the same attacks. I suggest you replace them with more of Sora's actual attacks. But that's just my opinion.

As for the animations, since there have only been small changes my criticisms are quite small as well.

The Idle animation looks good considering there is only one frame. He should face the opponent more though. He's facing the side a bit. And the way he holds the Keyblade doesn't look quite right. (It may be because the Micaiah put the key thing at the end of the blade on the wrong side.)
With the way it looks now maybe you should have him hold it straight instead of sideways like he does now.

The animations aren't the greatest. They don't seem to flow properly, for example for his Side B combo, he just stops in place. It doesn't look right the way he just freezes.

Personally I think Strike Raid should be a special. There are no projectile tilts in the game...

The healing move should take longer to activate to avoid it being over powered.

Speaking of which, having him Spawn an item (even if it is a team healer) is over powered. No characters should be able to spawn items with no consequences.

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 18, 2011, 08:28:55 AM
:srs:
Does that mean if I said I liked it, that would have been useless as well unless I said why?

No.  Because positive output, no matter how simple, encourages people.  Just saying "it's meh" without anything constructive just demoralises them.  But you gave feedback now so it's ok.

Speaking of which, you took all the words right out of my mouth XD  Basically everything that Apprentice of Death said, but also don't use the same animation for half the moves.  It makes them lack originality and variety.

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 18, 2011, 08:28:55 AM
First of all lightning, fire, and blizzard are especially unoriginal choices for attacks. You could take any Final Fantasy character (Sora is similar enough) and give him the same attacks. I suggest you replace them with more of Sora's actual attacks. But that's just my opinion.

As for the animations, since there have only been small changes my criticisms are quite small as well.

The Idle animation looks good considering there is only one frame. He should face the opponent more though. He's facing the side a bit. And the way he holds the Keyblade doesn't look quite right. (It may be because the Micaiah put the key thing at the end of the blade on the wrong side.)
With the way it looks now maybe you should have him hold it straight instead of sideways like he does now.

The animations aren't the greatest. They don't seem to flow properly, for example for his Side B combo, he just stops in place. It doesn't look right the way he just freezes.

Personally I think Strike Raid should be a special. There are no projectile tilts in the game...

The healing move should take longer to activate to avoid it being over powered.

Speaking of which, having him Spawn an item (even if it is a team healer) is over powered. No characters should be able to spawn items with no consequences.
I've never played FF, so I had no idea about that. Prehaps I could use diferent lightning/blizzard/fire bases attacks that still use the key like in coded?
As for the idle animation, I've tried to get him to face strait, and it didn't work for some reason. (the bone I rotated was TopN) I plan on improving the jump animation, since that didn't turn out well at all, and the running animation i noticed was messed up, but I can't tell which frame it is. I guess I will start that over compleatly. That freezing on the side b is so there is recovery time. Ugly place holder, huh?
Since I have a new idea for the side tilt, it will probably go over the N b.
My brother was pretty quick to demonstrate that cure problem
The item spawn was put in just to see if I could get item spawn to work. I have no intention to leave it there
Thanks, some of those comments helped!

Rotate him with the hip bone. This is the single most important bone there is. Every animation revolves around the hip. If you want him to jump you raise the hip and his body raises with him, if you turn his hip the rest of his body turns with him.

Quote from: Apprentice Of Death on June 18, 2011, 10:50:10 AM
Rotate him with the hip bone. This is the single most important bone there is. Every animation revolves around the hip. If you want him to jump you raise the hip and his body raises with him, if you turn his hip the rest of his body turns with him.

Kinda.  Whilst the hip is indeed very important for stuff like rotating, you need to use the TransN bone for movement.  Also, XRotN and YRotN are sometime better for rotation.  If you want the character to rotate perfectly in a direction (the HipN is sometimes unreliable with rotation and can go all over the place), then these are the bones to go for.


Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on June 18, 2011, 10:53:45 AM
Kinda.  Whilst the hip is indeed very important for stuff like rotating, you need to use the TransN bone for movement.  Also, XRotN and YRotN are sometime better for rotation.  If you want the character to rotate perfectly in a direction (the HipN is sometimes unreliable with rotation and can go all over the place), then these are the bones to go for.

Huh. Good to know. I'm obviously still new to animating.

awesome job man you so should have it over pit with rel and codes 

June 18, 2011, 04:41:12 PM #14 Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:11:43 PM by Anonymous
I can't use codes with riivolution for some reason :/
I can use codes now, but I think roxas works better over pit