Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXxg_BgBmWo&amp;list=PLBF05582E8BD28C14" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXxg_BgBmWo&amp;list=PLBF05582E8BD28C14</a>
This poll - 0 (0%)
Is here - 0 (0%)
to be - 0 (0%)
a LIE - 0 (0%)
(So it isn't a poll) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 33
Author Topic: Projects of the Unknown ~ Aaaaaand we're back, KHats shall be made!  (Read 154179 times)
ramonM64
Supreme Kitten

moving past the feeling

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #225 on: November 09, 2011, 01:11:54 AM »

all of that sounds good man

also, maybe if you cant get the fire controllable you could make the Fire stronger than blizzard while blizzard isnt too strong but could have a chance at freezing opponents.

Anonymous
    Supreme Kitten

l...

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #226 on: November 09, 2011, 07:13:47 PM »

Alright, the surprise is Almost done.  NOW TO SPOIL IT!
    are these all of them? no. The ones I ported are: the kingdon key, oath keeper, Oblivian, Ultima, decisive pumpkin, StarSeeker, Two become one, and the fatal crest. EDIT: you can throw in the fenrir, struggle bat, and metal chocobo (thanks to google 3dwarehouse) the wishing lamp will not be imported, I had some issues with that one in particular, I can continue because there  is a decent amount in the 3d warehouse from khI. I also have roughly 18 days left, as I have NO intention of stealing 3dsMAX. but, If anyone has the full version of Milkshape, I do want to try something Im srs here. Also note that these are over his EFX, so it isn't in the costumes. Glitches- Turns blue when the smashball is out. Some are too long, and so the sword trail is too short. Oath keeper and Ultima lack transpanency
    I'll release when I have all updates done. Also, I have an idea of how I can give SOME control input, but it won't be like Sehpi's >B <- I don't know what's up with that. everything I tried forces it into the angle up subaction. I managed to improve strike raid by removing the sword glow, the charge, and adding a graphic that makes it look a bit more like it's spinnig. It IS a normal GFX, but it doesn't trial it like it used to. I'd also still like any other criticisms Edit: changed the name of the topic so it is now for all of my projects. this also including imports, as they will be PSA'd/used in a PSA.
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 01:20:06 PM by Anonymous » Logged

Kanine
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #227 on: November 13, 2011, 03:25:13 PM »

I got a question, I got the files from the download at your vault and i put them in marths pf folder etc. and your files didnt have a pcs file so i created one using brawlbox and put it in marth's folder, but then when i do that it freezes when i load up the match while using marth, but when i take out the pcs it works fine, but theres no sora texture over marth, just marth, so how can i fix it?

Anonymous
    Supreme Kitten

l...

« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »

I didn't include sora's costumes. You'll need to get them from micaiah's vault. My bad, I forgot to mention that. also, if you're porting him, you'll need fitmarthfinal.

now for a bit of an update. if anyone read my previous post, you'll see that I'm importing sora's keyblades, and I CAN'T get fire controlable. no matter what, it forces into the angle up subaction. so, I instead mad fire have all the knockback, whereas blizzard can freeze people. in other news, I will post pictures soon of the changes as well as some of the keyblades. these will be released when everything else is done.

Lastly, Knuckles revisions wins.

Blueblur22
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #229 on: November 13, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »

who will knuckles b over?

Anonymous
    Supreme Kitten

l...

« Reply #230 on: November 13, 2011, 07:17:36 PM »

Pikachu. it will be a revision of Law_law's
    Pictures are ready, vault entry updated, and added keyblade pack.
    the last one is merely for showing the fenrir.
    As for knuckles, here are some changes I will make.
     3 hit combo (think SA2) ^tilt tornado spin (again, SA2)
    >Smash with no strange GFX, and more lag
    vSmash add a chance system for impaling.
    ^Smash less damage/KB, more speed. I may change it all around
    NB 3 level charge. 1st - same as it is now, but less Damage/KB 2nd- punches towards the ground yelling GET DOWN! (yes, I'll edit the SFX) with a 70% chance you'll obey and see yourself on the floor. 3rd- sonic heroes level 2 finisher.
    NB(air) - Fire dunk (3 level charge)
    ^B uppercut. if he happens to com across someone, anyway... (think Capt. Falcon and Ganon)
    vB - more startup lag, when he comes up, he uppercuts I'll think of others aswell as take suggestions.
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 07:33:03 PM by Anonymous » Logged

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #231 on: November 14, 2011, 12:33:29 AM »

-Sora Moveset-
    Legend: Attack Cut Alt
    •   AAA – Standard 3-hit combo > Maybe add cancel to ^Smash @ AA> Press B @ end> Explosion-like attack - Stupid animation issues >:
    •   >Tilt – Chain rave
    •   ^Tilt – Aero
    •   vTilt – Ice Storm
    •   >Smash – Fire Edge >If you press B at the beginning>Firaga
    •   ^Smash – Rising Strike>Press B at beginning> Thunder•   vSmash – Stun Impact> Press B at beginning>Blizzara (what? That doesn’t make sense? Tell me, what is gannon/Capt. Falcon’s vB?)AERIALS
    •   N-air – Single aerial strike>Press A at end> 2nd strike>Press A at end>3rd Strike
    •   <air – Same. I’m willing to take any suggestions, but I think it is okay.
    •   >air – Horizontal Slash
    •   ^air - Same. I’m willing to take any suggestions, but I think it is okay.
    SPECIALS
    •   N-B – Strike Raid / Judgment Triad
    •   >B – Zantetsuken    Slapshot -  vExplosion
    •   vB – Retaliating slash (Anim. Edited)
    •   ^B - Aerial Spiral
    •   >B (air) – Glide

After finally playing it for a while, I've gotten enough playtime with it to feel comfortable giving a review of it. It may be a bit late, but forgive me.

Movement:
    You should edit the Dash Start to look more like the Run because right now, it starts off as Marth's, and then changes to your custom one. As far as the custom run goes, its perfect. I wouldn't touch it.

The jumps... a bit high, but thats ok for Sora. However I would slow down the rotation of the second jump, mainly because the stop is a bit too sudden, so it makes the fluidity of the jump lose some luster. Its perfect as far as how Sora jumps in the game, but its a bit to fast on the spin. Either that, or add a few more frames to the end of it to make it seem not so sudden.

Back dodge: its fine for the most part, however you should fix the last couple of frames of it so that he doesn't assume Marth's standing pose at the end. If you slow it down, you'll notice he sheath's the key blade in the middle of it then rolls. This is probably due to you not editing the Guarding guard wait animation.

Forward dodge: similar problem with the this one as the back dodge. Looking closely at it, it looks like the animation for when Marth is getting up after being tripped. Which is fine and dandy, but you should edit the keyblade to where it stays in his hand. (Also, this may be a bit nit picky, but you' have a few frames missing in the middle of the roll making it look like his legs go through his body. It looks fine as long as you're not zoomed in. Feel free to ignore this part)  The main issue is the last couple of frames of the roll. At the end of the roll, he ends standing like Marth does, just a few minor edits to make him go into your custom wait and that should be fixed right up.

Down dodge: similar to the above two as it seems to be using Marth's original animations for the first few frames. In this case, it seems to be all the frames. not so much a problem... but he sheath's the keyblade. Thats the only issue with it.

Blocking: This is a connecting problem to the dodging things i mentioned. Basically, its Marth's animations so he sheath's his keyblade. A custom animation for that would make it look much more like Sora. Its been a while since I played any KH game, the most recent being 365 and 1/4 days, but I do think you could block in that one. Perhaps checking that out for a reference (if you haven't already) would help.

Air Dodge: Its Marths. Keep it, change it, looks fine either way. It works for Sora too.

Attacks:

AAA: The last hit seems to be lacking something. Like you wanted him to do an extra attack, but he just stops. So far, the move reads like a 4 part attack, but the last hit, (the one where he turns around) I feel like it would be better extended a bit. Or even replaced all together with a move that looks like it follows up from the last attack (the dashing one)

>Tilt: Chain Rave really needs to be a multi hit move. The animation for it is really too good for it not to be one.

^Tilt: Its fine. It would be cool if it was multi hit though.

V Tilt: Oh how this has been my least favorite animation. Many things would be better then this... personally, a horozontal spin like Link's up-b would suit this just fine. But sorry, this is an ugly move.

>Smash: I like it. You have to position yourself just right or you could end up flying over your opponent too. Not a bad move. What would be cool is if the longer you charged it, the further he jumped. Just an idea.

^Smash: It doesn't look very 'up-smash' like. To be honest, it looks like Marth's side-tilt. As far as the hit boxes go, they start a bit too early. It literally starts before the swing. If someone is close enough, they could actually get hit by the elbow. The hitbox itself is actually the entire length of the swing. In my opinion it lasts to long and for an up smash its got horrible vertical knockback. It didn't send C-Falcon flying 2bodies high until 80-90 range damage. Perhaps switch the animation out with Link's up-tilt or make your own, but as far as this one goes, it looks like a second forward smash.

N-Air combo: The connection is two slow. The opponent is usually out of the combo by the time you can connect the other two hits. Holding the a button also seems to be the easiest way to use the move, because pressing it is to hard to time. That plus if you use the N-Air at the right time in the jump, you go higher up. Problematic for aiming. As far as the actual movement goes, the third hit ends to abruptly. Perhaps add a frame or two to make it look like a smoother transition into the falling.

< Air: How about a backward slash similar to Toon-Link's. That + perhaps a shot of magic shoots out, or the blade itself has a magic effect. Something not taken from the game exactly. The back hit could perhaps deal fire/lightning effect or freeze your opponent when hit. And the 'turning around' thing he has going is unique to brawl so thats cool. Only two characters that I know of have moves that turn them like that, and its Kid Buu and this Sora. Also, the same problem as the N-Air, the last couple of frames could look smoother in transition to the falling animation.

> Air: This slash is fine, but as long as you're taking suggestions, in my opinion, the VAir would be better suited for this.  The hitboxes on it make it better suited for a forward air instead of a down air.

V Air: This move is a meteor correct? Majority of the move is not. A good portion of the move is a minor slash, the sweet spot for the meteor is really small, and the hit box for a lot of the move is actually very close to his body. Standing next to C.Falcon, the move didn't actually hit him until the blade was at Sora's Shoes. The hit box is actually really small, as standing half a body away from C.Falcon (the character i tested this on most of the time) it didn't hit him. The blade whooshed right passed him.  My opinion on this is that it would be cool to have a downward stabbing move, or perhaps a move like his aerial finish, where he stabs his blade into the ground and balls of light pop up (except for without the balls of light.) It could even make him pop up a bit when he hist someone with it.

^ Air: If you're gonna change it, maybe a slight aerial twist that has multi-hits. Like 1/2-1/4 of link/toon links up b that just hits a few times while slightly going up. Not enough to make much of a difference movement wise, but just a little bit. Sora's a very mobile aerial fighter so it fits.

Specials:

NB: I like strike raid. its fast, and the end lag isn't bad. perhaps, changing it to where charging it makes it go further along side more damage.

>B: I think I was testing slap shot. (I know it wasn't explosion) If this is the one where he just sends the blade out horizontally in one strike, then increase the distance it has just a tiny bit. The range on is is horrid. Also, switch that, for his >Tilt  because its terribly lack luster for a special. The side tilt would make an amazing looking special in comparison.

VB: Man... I'm sorry but that counter stance is just... not good. If you're going to have a counter, is it possible to change it to reflect? Instead of slashing, little shards of stuff come out and do the damage instead. Its a nice way to fit more of his magic in there.

>B Air: Gliding is fun, to bad he's not Pit so you can control it. Not a problem, however it would be GREAT if you could jump out of it. A misplaced Glide and you'll fly your way to your doom. I know you can attack out of it, but jumping should really come first. That or dodge out of it...

The taunts, his taunts are fine, but perhaps a special taunt? His up taunt could be made into using cure. Just +10HP back and some shiny effects and bam. More like Sora.

--------------------------

All in all, I like it and I think it has a LOT of potential. Just a few things need to be worked on to make it more smooth looking. As it is now, its pretty stiff looking and a lot of the hit boxes could be fixed, but I believe it has great potential.

Please don't be upset with the critique I've given. I know you have put a lot of effort and hard work into this and some of what I said could be considered nit picky, but its the little things like a frame or two out of place that are the difference in professional looking, and just another PSA someone did.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Batman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #232 on: November 14, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »

VB: Man... I'm sorry but that counter stance is just... not good. If you're going to have a counter, is it possible to change it to reflect? Instead of slashing, little shards of stuff come out and do the damage instead. Its a nice way to fit more of his magic in there.

^Most of what he said, except that one and another thing^. What you did with the smash attack's is very creative, i'd love it if you'd keep it that way. I do like the moveset, but your still tweaking with it and patience is key. It should be something besides a counter. It's pretty boring when over 50% your brawl arsenal has vB as a counter. It maybe just me, but it's starting to get overrated, no offense. Also, the moveset should be combo based but very weak. I mean, what's a key-blade master without combo's, epic one's at that XD.

Maybe something like in this video:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3bxnS6jNQ0&feature=related" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3bxnS6jNQ0&feature=related</a>
    when he back's away from the Heartless Tiger Turtle thing, but little shockwave thing does damage. @ 1:42

I want to recommend something, but you can completely ignore this if you wish, or just don't comment on this recommendation. If your going to finish it. Or when you finish it, and in the future you decide you want to add more stuff into the PSA. If transformation's are possible, you should try putting the drive form's of Sora and such. Up taunt wisdom form, down taunt Valor form, when he reaches 100% damage final form, and in random occasions, Anti-form etc and so on. Or, you can make your own forms. I'm just throwing it out there.

Also, good luck on this. I see alot of potential. :3
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 09:13:01 AM by Batman » Logged

Anonymous
    Supreme Kitten

l...

« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2011, 04:53:44 PM »

Upset? You don’t know how long I waited for something like this! Thank you!
    The dash could be changed to wisdom form’s quickrun. The run looks great because BigBadBooya made it.
    I’ll ad some frames to the second jump to improve it’s flow to the falling animation.
    The back dodge is already fixed. I recently uploaded some new fixes. However, the sheath problem is a model changer. Easy fix, really. As for the forward dodge, you are correct, it is the slip. Which brings me to this point: the leg problem completely puzzles me. The wait thing, like the <Dodge, is fixed. I completely ignored the down dodge :O The block will be fixed. Again, the sheath thing is a model changer.
    The AAA combo… I wanted the 3rd strike to be like Eternal Yoshi’s >Smash, but even with a model viewer for KHII (which, not only lets you see models from the game, but also lets you view animations at various frame rates) I still have difficulty replicating it. I think I will go with your idea, as I have made an animation, but scrapped it since it disregarded the TransN bone when it was used for the >B combo. I really like your idea for a multi hit for chain rave,  I never thought of that, and I don’t know of another character that does that! The vTilt I agree 100%, this is why in the new update, it is replaced. If you have criticisms on that, PLEASE let me know. The ^tilt has been changed a bit, and now has fixed knockback so it just knocks people in the air and does little damage. The idea concerning the >Smash isn’t bad at all… however,  I can’t guarantee it’ll work. I’ll give it a shot. I’ll look for something else for the ^Smah, or edit the animations and hitbox timing. The N-Air combo timing can be fixed, and I did try to speed it up in the update, I may also change the finisher to his vAir (current one, that is). The button holding thing, I’m afraid, isn’t possible for me to fix (atleast not with my current knowlage.)
    For the back air having magic.. I could try using the very same type of if statement I use for blizzard and whether or not it freezes people. For the animation, I’d have to make it, as link and TL are left handed. Your suggestion is accepted for the >Air, I could see how that works better. I’ll fix the hitboxes, too. But the sweet spot (though timing will be changed) stays to avoid it being cheap. The ^Air suggestion sounds an awful lot like the ^B he has now… I’ll think about it.
    The NB might be charged. It’s better  than some other ideas I had.
    To be honest, I hate that >B, but since I now know people actually use it, I’ll mess with it a little.
    I COULD try to make the counter shoot light ball, to change it from marth’s . I’ll see if I can make it like King Mikey’s.
    Oh crap. I left my awful custom taunt in the update :O   good thing I keep backups of old versions!
    For the taunt idea, my brother had a nice idea for making it like cure, using a chance system, the thing is, I don’t have a proper graphic. I still have time to import one, and I’ll put it over either blizzard or fire’s slots (probably blizzard)
    Again, thanks for your thoughts on how the moveset is constructed, these things help a lot.

MandoWolfe
    Supreme Kitten

Hmp... Very well. Let's do this.

• Awards Favorite'd Featured Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #234 on: November 15, 2011, 02:57:25 PM »

oh if you plan to do knuckles. I'll be more then happy to test it for you. Cheesy I'll even make a sound pack if you want.

Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

Anonymous
    Supreme Kitten

l...

« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2011, 03:40:58 PM »

remember, this is an edit of Law_law's moveset, so there's already a sound pack made, some where in the BrawlVault. I will, however, edit it a bit.

Blueblur22
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #236 on: November 15, 2011, 05:09:35 PM »

if ur looking 4 some moves to add 4 knuckles this might help:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6kR9kGDo-c" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6kR9kGDo-c</a>

MandoWolfe
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #237 on: November 15, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »

well yeah i know that. but being honest, his sound pack kinda sucks. :/ i mean it's still a great sound pack. But i think it needs more.

Anonymous
    Supreme Kitten

l...

« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2011, 04:47:27 PM »

well yeah i know that. but being honest, his sound pack kinda sucks. :/ i mean it's still a great sound pack. But i think it needs more.
    eh, I guess I'll let you do the sound pack. I at least need the 'get down' voice from SA2. other then that, put what ever you want in it.
    Edit: I would also like it if you told me what sound you put it over so I know what I'm doing.

MandoWolfe
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #239 on: November 16, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »

if you want, just make the moveset, ill try it out, and ill put all the voices where they need to be. i have voices from SA2, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Battle.

Pages:  1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 33
    Print
    Jump to: