Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alpha Mario PSA + Texture (Finally finished...)  (Read 3835 times)
mr pants
Expert Kitten

♫~ Fuwa Fuwa Time! ~♫

View Profile Awards
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:19:37 PM »

After days of work, figuring out what goes well where and what doesn't, how things work, and the extensive trial-and-error that came with my limited knowledge of how to use PSA, Alpha Mario is finally complete.

Alpha Mario is my own personal powered-up version of the mustached plumber.
It's nothing big, I'm sure most of the Pro PSAers will see but, being the noob, I feel that I have done well to design and create this new and improved Mario.

Okay, Let's get started, shall we?

(Click for awesome pictures and info!)
All the while Alpha Mario isn't performing an attack, being attacked/ grabbed or performing an evasive maneuver, he will constantly be 'on fire'. I designed this to be an aura, and I think it turned out ok.
This also applies to walk, jumping (He has 5 jumps) and falling from special attacks. It deactivates when he is taking damage, falling from a launcher attack, or has been grabbed.

A, A, A
All of the attacks have been made stronger. Just saying now so that I don't have to keep repeating myself  Grin
Red lightning has been given to his A combo, and it now deals lightning damage. (Seems fitting, no?)

Dash Attack
The dash attack delivers a small amount of aura damage to the foe.

Stronger attacks
Side A
We all know that the Side A has 3 different levels. So I gave Mario 3 different elements.
Tilting straight forward will give the attack fire damage.

Tilting up slightly will give the attack a lighting effect.

Tilting down slightly adds ice to the move.

Up A
Up A has a lightning effect now. Seeing as Up A is a high attack, it is closer to the sky right?
So a lightning strike seemed very fitting.

Down A
Down A is now an ice move, with the possibility to freeze your foes.

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash
The original puff of fire that Mario would normally give off seemed a little bit weak to me, now that I understand the wonders of the PSA program.
The knockback has greatly increased, and is likely to kill at low-ish percentages.
I think this should be appropriate...

Up Smash
To go with Mario's Up A attack, a stronger lightning attack was in order, I think.
This attack delivers a lightning storm around Mario that is likely to K.O your opponents at low percentages, say around 70-85% for mid-weight characters such as Sonic or Marth.

Down Smash
The breakdancing deserved an update worthy of being called part of Alpha Mario's moveset.
Each kick gives off a large aura burst dealing aura damage as well.
(It looks a lot better in the game though.)

Aerial Moves
Neutral Air
Against an aerial opponent, this attack just does damage and some decent knockback.
Against a grounded opponent, this attack stuns the opponent with the same effect as a broken shield.

Forward Air
With his newfound powers, Mario has discovered that he can smite his foes to the depths of the abyss with the powers of darkness...yeah, a spike with darkness attributes.

Back Air
The back air attack now has massive knockback compared to what it was, and deals fire damage.

Down Air
It now deals aura damage with each hit, and the flares swirl as he spins.

Up Air
Up air now has ice attributes and a lot more knockback than the original attack.

Specials

Neutral Special
The fireball hasn't changed in itself, but Mario's powers allow him to launch them as fast as he possibly can.
In other words, its a semi-auto fireball launcher.

Up Special
Alpha Mario doesn't want coins, he just wants pure ownage. Each hit deals lightning damage on the way up.

Recovery

Quick
The quick recovery move (under 100% damage) has been upgraded to a fire kick...

Slow
...while the slow recovery attack deals darkness damage and has a larger hitbox and knockback.

The DOWN TAUNT
You may be wondering why this is in big and important letters.
You may also be wondering why this picture has it's own spoiler box.
You might even be wondering why I'm stalling and not just telling you what this is.

It's all because of the fact that this is my pièce de résistance, the cream of the crop, the pick of the litter....

BOOM!

What'd I tell ya, hm?Pretty damn cool I'd say.
This attack, while doing 4 damage at the most, hits any character from anywhere on the stage (even from opposite ends of the 'Temple' Melee stage!). It also has decent knockback that sends the character straight up.
Even if you were close to Mario while he was performing this attack, it wouldn't matter, because he has an intangible state while he is in this animation, so you couldn't hit him if you tried.
I hope you all like this, because it took a while to figure out what was wrong with it.
Then I realized that it was because one of the ending timers started before the offensive hitboxes actually appeared.  Mario Facepalm

Well here's the link to my vault -> http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=19887&Moderated=All

Post your comments about what's good, what's bad, what needs nerfing or enhancing, or just to say hi, lol.

Anyways, enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:22:20 PM by mr pants » Logged

'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'

Yasin1395
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »

i like it, but sadly, i won't be getting it since it looks a bit overpowered and i'm sure my buds will spam the down taunt, good job though Cheesy

Springboy64
Expert Kitten

Meow Meow

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:25:28 PM »

Oh Hi :3 I havent even downloaded it yet or anything but I just wanna say it look pretty dang epic :3333 Also, I wanna know if its overpowered because it looks like it.

Meowmeow~~~
So excited for Tales of Xillia!

mr pants
Expert Kitten

♫~ Fuwa Fuwa Time! ~♫

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:19:17 PM »

i like it, but sadly, i won't be getting it since it looks a bit overpowered and i'm sure my buds will spam the down taunt, good job though Cheesy

Can't please 'em all, eh?
I'm going to nerf that definitely. I thought of increasing the cooldown time when my friend tested it and went mad with the taunt attack.

Oh, and it's not that overpowered. The attacks have only been ramped up by 3-7% each.
The smashes have 6-7% added on and the basic attacks, about 3-5 each. Although, the knockback might be an issue...it's mostly only the smashes, but the extra knockback does pack quite a punch.

Still, at least test it, then let me know exactly what needs changing, because I can't make it better off of assumptions alone, now can I?

'Beware of your wandering eye, child.'
'What do you me--*smack*--ah f*** mah leg!'

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: