Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawl+ Loads As Vanilla?  (Read 1050 times)
Pathular
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: June 29, 2011, 08:55:13 AM »

So, sorry if this is disgustingly noobish of me, but it would appear that no one else is having this problem (which I cannot imagine is a good sign on behalf of my intelligence.)

Regardless, here's the problem:  When loading Brawl+ from Gecko 1.9.1, it says that there are SD codes detected and that it's applying them; however, when the game loads, it is identical to Vanilla Brawl.  I can also imagine this wouldn't be such a perplexing problem if, on the first launch, it didn't actually work.  Yes, the first time I launched it, it launched as Brawl+, with all the features of Brawl+ (split Pokémon Trainer, ZSS and Shiek as separate characters, etc.)

Is there something I should be doing that I accidentally did right the first time, but that I'm somehow missing subsequent times, or am I just cursed?

I also believe it's worth mentioning that I just started modding yesterday, and have not been able to get it to work more than once.  Also, after that first launch, I chose to do a little exploring through Gecko, and I believe that's what may have screwed me over.  I chose "Launch Rebooter" and it never worked after that, which I would think would have been fixed after I reinstalled Gecko and Brawl+, but apparently not.

Thanks,
Pathular

DocStrange
Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »

See if there's a restore default option in gecko and also make sure ocarina codes are turned on. Other than that Idk, what did you mess with for gecko?

Pathular
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »

Okay, so, I reinstalled Gecko and Brawl+ to a second SD Card, and without even touching it, looking at it, or altering it in any way, launched it and it worked perfectly.  Only then has it actually functioned properly.

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:54:08 PM »

Okay, so, I reinstalled Gecko and Brawl+ to a second SD Card, and without even touching it, looking at it, or altering it in any way, launched it and it worked perfectly.  Only then has it actually functioned properly.
    also make sure ur sd card is under 2 gigs it doesn't hook right on sd's higher then that (sdhc cards)

My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone...
    Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.
    Download to .63 modset: http://www.mediafire.com/?ud5s402d8u6ad6k#

Pathular
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:01:32 PM »

Wait, wait...
    Brawl+/Gecko doesn't work with SDHC?

Well, jeez, if that's my problem that solves everything!  I was using an 8GB card assuming that it'd work with SDHC.

Though there is one thing I don't get:  When I load Brawl+ completely unmodified on a 2GB SD card, it loads just fine.  It has the edited Title screen and everything.  The only problem is that if I try to play the actual "Brawl" mode (as opposed to Single Player) it freezes and makes a constant buzzing noise once I get to the SSS, causing me to have to turn off my console and then turn it back on.  I've tested this several times and it still does it, with every character.  
    « Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:07:05 PM by Pathular » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: