Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need help getting custom stages working.  (Read 799 times)
wally503
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 03, 2011, 08:49:56 AM »

For starters, I do not want a solution involving the additional stage pack. I still haven't replaced all the original stages, so I'd like to do that before I even think about adding the additional stages. I barely use most of them, so I might as well replace them first. (It also makes random pick anything modded, too)

I wanted to take a handful of stages based on stages I've already modded with some stage packs. The problem is, I've tried using the .rel tool (Stage Switcher) to get some of these stages (with or without .rels) to work on new ones. In other words, I download stages based on say... final destination, which I've already modded. So I set up the stage switcher taking the classic .rel for final destination on stage switcher and put it over the one I want to replace. Then I change the stage name to the STGwhatever file that I also made the .rel for. (say if it's Summit, I'd have an rel made for Summit, then rename the modded stage to STGICE)

The problem is that when I try to start these stages, the game freezes. All of the ones I've modded and kept in their innate stages (Ie. Gannon's Tower in FD, where it was set for). Some of my stages also came with .rels which do work. For some reason, my .rels from Stage Switcher do not work.

Am I doing something wrong or does Stage Switcher not ensure that these stages will work?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: