how can I apply hacks to usb loaded games?

Started by Hollow, July 18, 2011, 12:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

You know the USB Loader that plays burned games off an sd card and stuff?\
How do I put hacks on it?

First of all. What USB Loader are you using? Keep in mind that CFGUsbLoader Can't load more then 4KB worth of Cheat codes.

Made by my best friend, Annelies.
My High quality BRSTMs Collection!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59370.0

Quote from: Iris on July 18, 2011, 01:12:39 AM
First of all. What USB Loader are you using? Keep in mind that CFGUsbLoader Can't load more then 4KB worth of Cheat codes.


I use CFG and it loads my 12kb .gct just fine. But yea, what loader are you using?

July 18, 2011, 02:21:37 AM #3 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:49:24 AM by Iris
Oh wow, Never thought it possible. i also use CFG wont load more then 4 gives me the too many codes error.
Anyways make a folder named Data then a folder named gecko and final a folder named codes put the .gct here.
should look like this
Root of SD Card:data/gecko/codes

EDIT: Oops sorry
I though you two were the same person DERP

Made by my best friend, Annelies.
My High quality BRSTMs Collection!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=59370.0


Quote from: Hollow on July 18, 2011, 06:44:01 PM
I'm using USB Loader GX

There's a certain thing you need to download that removes the restriction on the number of lines you .gct can have.  I'll have a look for it...

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on July 18, 2011, 06:49:15 PMThere's a certain thing you need to download that removes the restriction on the number of lines you .gct can have.  I'll have a look for it...
What do I load them with? Gecko?

July 18, 2011, 07:31:08 PM #7 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:04:45 PM by beatthat25
Quote from: Hollow on July 18, 2011, 07:08:24 PMWhat do I load them with? Gecko?

no just go to options, there is an option to turn on ocarina, but if you use UsbloaderGX you will get a 256 line limit or something, thats why I'm using cfgloader :P

Quote from: SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n on July 18, 2011, 06:49:15 PMThere's a certain thing you need to download that removes the restriction on the number of lines you .gct can have.  I'll have a look for it...

oh, realy? if that's true I'm going to use GX again
supreme kitten? Yes I am. Yeah.
Brawl Fc: 0689-9748-1397

Oh, wow. I'm really stupid to not have seen that. Thanks, beatthat.

Also, that restriction download would help, SD.

Quote from: Hollow on July 18, 2011, 08:10:46 PMOh, wow. I'm really stupid to not have seen that. Thanks, beatthat. Also, that restriction download would help, SD.
no problem and yes, that would be very helpfull, I tried googling to see if I could find it by my self, but no luck >.<
supreme kitten? Yes I am. Yeah.
Brawl Fc: 0689-9748-1397

RSB?01:
codeliststart = 80570000
codelistend = 80580000
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)


Copy/paste this into notepad, save it as gameconfig.txt and put it in the root of your SD card. That is all.

July 18, 2011, 11:35:40 PM #11 Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:36:44 PM by beatthat25
Quote from: BloodHunter on July 18, 2011, 10:45:57 PMRSB?01:
codeliststart = 80570000 c
odelistend = 80580000
poke(800042B8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9930, 4BFECA1D, 803E9930, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E99A8, 4BFECA1D, 803E99A8, 60000000)
pokeifequal(803E9D5C, 4BFECA1D, 803E9D5C, 60000000)
Copy/paste this into notepad, save it as gameconfig.txt and put it in the root of your SD card. That is all.
that doesn't work with Usbloaders...
supreme kitten? Yes I am. Yeah.
Brawl Fc: 0689-9748-1397

it does.
As you may have noticed, I don't answer PMs with problems anymore.

Quote from: Jaklub on July 19, 2011, 12:07:07 AMit does.
no it doesn't I have the gameconfig.txt on my sdcard and I'm still limited to 256 lines on usbloadergx

only cfgloader allows more then 256 :P and thats without the gameconfig:P
supreme kitten? Yes I am. Yeah.
Brawl Fc: 0689-9748-1397

There are two options...

1: File Patch Code
2: Custom ISO

To do sound hacks and/or THP hacks, you have to set up a custom ISO, as the file patch code won't work.