Wii System Menu 4.3 (HBC Updated!)

Started by Vyse, September 29, 2009, 03:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

September 29, 2009, 03:10:30 AM Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:10:11 PM by picano
Hackmii Installer .7

Compatible with 4.3! If you've already updated, you'll require some work-around method or to install again with either Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns.

If I may say, it's absolutely beautiful. -picano

-----------

EVEN WORSE THAN 4.2.

Do not update if you want to keep your Homebrew. 4.3 does a better job of deleting it and making sure you can't get it back.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.3

If you want to continue using the Shop Channel, use WiiSCU. (Thanks, mnsg!)

Thanks. You just saved my ass, Vyse.

Well no one should have updated anyway, only and idiot would have.

Prepare for a barrage of  topics saying, HOW DO I GET HOMEBREW ON 4.2???


I wasn't going to update at all. This just reminded me to turn off wiiconect24 because I don't know if that will download it by itself. (Just wanted to be safe.)

Quote from: Anyone on September 29, 2009, 03:35:22 AM
I wasn't going to update at all. This just reminded me to turn off wiiconect24 because I don't know if that will download it by itself. (Just wanted to be safe.)
I've heard that the 4.1 update doesn't actually contain any code that will let Nintendo update your Wii when you're not looking.

Still, I keep WiiConnect24 off at all times.

Soon as I saw "unauthorized software" in the system message, I knew it was going for my HBC. You can't fool me that easily!
Look at my topic, you ungrateful swine
Ask me before you upload modifications of my textures.

Quote from: KaiserYoshi on September 29, 2009, 05:22:30 AM
Quote from: Anyone on September 29, 2009, 03:35:22 AM
I wasn't going to update at all. This just reminded me to turn off wiiconect24 because I don't know if that will download it by itself. (Just wanted to be safe.)
I've heard that the 4.1 update doesn't actually contain any code that will let Nintendo update your Wii when you're not looking.

Still, I keep WiiConnect24 off at all times.

Soon as I saw "unauthorized software" in the system message, I knew it was going for my HBC. You can't fool me that easily!
Indeed, brother. As I see it, hacks is what makes the wii actually worth purchasing rather than just playing it at a friend's house. Nintendo should embrace the hackers. Maybe even invite them over for some tasty tea and crumpets.

Quote from: Anyone on September 29, 2009, 05:56:46 AM
Quote from: KaiserYoshi on September 29, 2009, 05:22:30 AM
Quote from: Anyone on September 29, 2009, 03:35:22 AM
I wasn't going to update at all. This just reminded me to turn off wiiconect24 because I don't know if that will download it by itself. (Just wanted to be safe.)
I've heard that the 4.1 update doesn't actually contain any code that will let Nintendo update your Wii when you're not looking.

Still, I keep WiiConnect24 off at all times.

Soon as I saw "unauthorized software" in the system message, I knew it was going for my HBC. You can't fool me that easily!
Indeed, brother. As I see it, hacks is what makes the wii actually worth purchasing rather than just playing it at a friend's house. Nintendo should embrace the hackers. Maybe even invite them over for some tasty tea and crumpets.

they r not concerned about the brawl hacking, textures, movesets, stuff like that. They r worried about the plp who pirate games such as brawl or other games.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

Quote from: fireking220 on September 29, 2009, 06:04:35 AM
Quote from: Anyone on September 29, 2009, 05:56:46 AM
Quote from: KaiserYoshi on September 29, 2009, 05:22:30 AM
Quote from: Anyone on September 29, 2009, 03:35:22 AM
I wasn't going to update at all. This just reminded me to turn off wiiconect24 because I don't know if that will download it by itself. (Just wanted to be safe.)
I've heard that the 4.1 update doesn't actually contain any code that will let Nintendo update your Wii when you're not looking.

Still, I keep WiiConnect24 off at all times.

Soon as I saw "unauthorized software" in the system message, I knew it was going for my HBC. You can't fool me that easily!
Indeed, brother. As I see it, hacks is what makes the wii actually worth purchasing rather than just playing it at a friend's house. Nintendo should embrace the hackers. Maybe even invite them over for some tasty tea and crumpets.

they r not concerned about the brawl hacking, textures, movesets, stuff like that. They r worried about the plp who pirate games such as brawl or other games.
Understandable, but that'll just make me wanna buy the wii even more. Can't beat free games. (Don't lie, you, too desire free games. Give into the darkside.  >D )

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=98610

Well, they finally did it. Nintendo got rid of the Homebrew Channel...kinda. Apparently the update removes the Homebrew Channel, but you can easily reinstall it using Indian Pwns or the Brawl Stage Builder exploit. Anyway, I intend on updated my Wii as soon as I have access to wi-fi that works for it, so I need to know if the SD loader and everything will still work. Has anyone updated yet, and are any Brawl-related hacks affected?

September 29, 2009, 07:52:41 AM #9 Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 12:27:23 AM by fireking220
Quote from: Anyone on September 29, 2009, 06:13:44 AM
Quote from: fireking220 on September 29, 2009, 06:04:35 AM
Quote from: Anyone on September 29, 2009, 05:56:46 AM
Quote from: KaiserYoshi on September 29, 2009, 05:22:30 AM
Quote from: Anyone on September 29, 2009, 03:35:22 AM
I wasn't going to update at all. This just reminded me to turn off wiiconect24 because I don't know if that will download it by itself. (Just wanted to be safe.)
I've heard that the 4.1 update doesn't actually contain any code that will let Nintendo update your Wii when you're not looking.

Still, I keep WiiConnect24 off at all times.

Soon as I saw "unauthorized software" in the system message, I knew it was going for my HBC. You can't fool me that easily!
Indeed, brother. As I see it, hacks is what makes the wii actually worth purchasing rather than just playing it at a friend's house. Nintendo should embrace the hackers. Maybe even invite them over for some tasty tea and crumpets.

they r not concerned about the brawl hacking, textures, movesets, stuff like that. They r worried about the plp who pirate games such as brawl or other games.
Understandable, but that'll just make me wanna buy the wii even more. Can't beat free games. (Don't lie, you, too desire free games. Give into the darkside.  >D )

ok I'll admit, I have a couple of pirated games and all the others games I backed up onto my terrabyte HDD. I buy the games I support like The Conduit, Dead Space Extraction, Mario games, Zelda games, Pokemon Games Pretty much all the major francises and people actually trying to change the wii's image to a mature system and not a shovelware system.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

September 29, 2009, 08:22:13 AM #10 Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 08:23:43 AM by Vyse
 :sonic: YOU'RE TOO SLOW!

http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=3036

Edit: I don't think this update has any purpose besides disabling homebrew, so... why are you jumping to update ASAP?

"ummmmm yaaaaa how do i getz homebrew on 4.2"


Ever since I accidentally deleted my Homebrew after updating to 4.0, I've been more cautious about my System Menu after getting it back.  I'm making sure that I stay at 4.0.

Quote from: Vyse on September 29, 2009, 08:22:13 AM
:sonic: YOU'RE TOO SLOW!

http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=3036

Edit: I don't think this update has any purpose besides disabling homebrew, so... why are you jumping to update ASAP?
Because I hate having an outdated Wii.