Crony's Dark Samus Update!

Started by Crony, August 26, 2011, 03:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

October 06, 2011, 11:40:29 PM #90 Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:19:11 AM by Carl321
Alright I'd like to give this a shot. The NTSC is the sound file? I don't have to hex that in do I? x_X

the only sound file I've ever been able to make work was for Mewtwo- Viewtiful Joe sure as heck didn't. I'm just posting- I'm going to plug as much as I can into my SD and give it a shot. I'm glad to see there's a big Dark Samus fan out there just like I am ^.^ Cant wait to give it a shot and seriously hope I can get the sound working


EDIT: alright, having a tough time getting this working at all, sans texture which is fine. Is this compatible with Riivolution?
Photobucket threw a fit and all my images are gone. I am no longer actively developing textures and this will not be updated or maintained. My apologies.

Quote from: Carl321 on October 06, 2011, 11:40:29 PM
Alright I'd like to give this a shot. The NTSC is the sound file? I don't have to hex that in do I? x_X

Yea the NTSC is the file.pac with the "american sounds", for the European (like i'm :af:) there is the PAL file.pac. Which version do you use?

Quote from: Carl321 on October 06, 2011, 11:40:29 PM
EDIT: alright, having a tough time getting this working at all, sans texture which is fine. Is this compatible with Riivolution?

I use Geko, i dont know if its work on Riivolution, sorry... :'(

Quote from: Carl321 on October 06, 2011, 11:40:29 PM
I'm glad to see there's a big Dark Samus fan out there just like I am ^.^ Cant wait to give it a shot and seriously hope I can get the sound working

Finally an other Dark Samus Fan! :happy: Nice to meet you! :kdance:

Edit to all: In a few days i will release the new version... i just add one think...
r)


Alright that explains it! I use NTSC and the sounds aren't working- I imagine that I'd have to hex the sound file into the main one (shame I can't just copy paste like the moveset PACs)

Yeah I tried this with Riivolution (I thought that was the only way to get character sound hacks to work?) and it didn't work at all. I tried this with Gecko and it barely worked at all. Every attack is very glitched, doesn't do what you said, and often just does what regular Samus does. Do I need to update Gecko or my codesets or something?
Photobucket threw a fit and all my images are gone. I am no longer actively developing textures and this will not be updated or maintained. My apologies.

Finally I've tested it :af:
Here's what I've got to say...
1. Now Dark Samus seems a little overpowered
2. Dark Samus has no result sounds
3. I think the purple fire dosen't work with Dark Samus (aura would work though)
4. Try to remove some effects!!!
5. Lower the data size!!!
6. LOVE THE MOVESET!!!! :kdance: :af: :kdance:
Thanks for creating this!!!!
Btw, are you planning on creating more movesets??

October 08, 2011, 02:01:56 PM #94 Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:35:57 PM by Crony
hello everybody! :kdance:
Today i have update Dark Samus:

-New Phazon Comet pre-animation (too rapid before ;))
-New Super Dark Missile effect animation
-New wait animation (thanks to Data_Drain and Razanak7 :angel:) and smooths all the others
-No more zerosuit file
-New down taunt move!

The new taunt move make D.S. invible to the standard visor... but if she is hit or use shield or escape moves, she return visible. Enjoy!

NB: I ask you a favor... You could post, if you think the character is not balanced, which is the overpower moves, why they are not balanced and what to modify to make it balanced?
Remember though that still need some strong points, ok? >D
Thanks!


OMG Dark Samus's new updates are AMAZING!!!!!  :kdance: :af:  :kdance:
I have discovered moves needing some balance... :o
1. Phazon Shield (Down B) make it give 5 damage
(If you could make a version without the purple fire that would be awesome)
2. You should make the A A combo only shoot the plasma canon only if the opponent gets it with the jab before it.
3. Arial Up A could have reduceed damage
That is all  :af:

Quote from: thestupidmetroid on October 09, 2011, 02:57:58 AM
OMG Dark Samus's new updates are AMAZING!!!!!  :kdance: :af:  :kdance:
I have discovered moves needing some balance... :o
1. Phazon Shield (Down B) make it give 5 damage
(If you could make a version without the purple fire that would be awesome)
2. You should make the A A combo only shoot the plasma canon only if the opponent gets it with the jab before it.
3. Arial Up A could have reduceed damage
That is all  :af:

Thanks!

Other opinions? Someone else? dont be shy...
:)

October 11, 2011, 03:36:02 PM #97 Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:39:31 PM by _Data_Drain_
Quote from: thestupidmetroid on October 09, 2011, 02:57:58 AM
1. Phazon Shield (Down B) make it give 5 damage
(If you could make a version without the purple fire that would be awesome)
2. You should make the A A combo only shoot the plasma canon only if the opponent gets it with the jab before it.
3. Arial Up A could have reduceed damage
The down B needs more... Vulnerability frames at the end, it's pretty spammable at the moment... However... The animation should stay as is, here's how I think it should work, there should only be a ATTACK hit box at the start, however it can reflect as well as it does currently, this way, it's still a good "GET OUT" move, but it's not so... Spammable, however it makes a great reflector still... At least that's how I hope it would turn out.

The AAA should just be an AA, first a jab, then firing the canon... And yes, like he said, and the canon should only fire when the jab hits.

The projectile hit box could do only 2% damage. But I'd leave the harder hitting part too, but reduce it's damage to 3%... That should round it up nicely.

Now on to some things I want to clear up myself...

The new invisibility taunt... It's cool, but I feel it's a little... Odd... There's no cons to using it, it's a quick taunt... So I had an odd idea... A little more start up, maybe a few frames more, it would make you fully invisible no name tag or anything, and the only way to cancel it, would be to side taunt, or down taunt again... However, here's the catch, it slowly damages you as you use this mode, and if possible, the damage grows as you use it... So, you shouldn't stay in it too long.

This would be to make it so that she wouldn't be invisible the whole match.
XD


Side B air... Is it possible to make it act, for the most part like the ground one? Here would be the differences... No canceling the charge, so once you start, you're gonna charge through the whole thing. Second, landing lag, and free fall. That should be enough cons to make it balanced.

Perhaps a SLIGHT bit more end lag on down smash? It seems like a better all around down tilt... I feel just a tiny bit more end lag would do the trick.

The final smash... You should get rid of that creature, who knows? Maybe if you make the final smash more simple, that might open up some file space?


Other wise, this is a great update, the down air feels much more polished, the new effects are nice. :)

The only other things I'd do... Maybe change some repeat animations? Like side B ground and AAA's third hit (which hopefully in the next up date will just be an AA move), Leave the side B ground's animation as is, but maybe... Somehow make the firing animation for the plasma canon on AAA look distinct?

Anyway, good luck with this. :)

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on October 11, 2011, 03:36:02 PM
The down B needs more... Vulnerability frames at the end, it's pretty spammable at the moment... However... The animation should stay as is, here's how I think it should work, there should only be a ATTACK hit box at the start, however it can reflect as well as it does currently, this way, it's still a good "GET OUT" move, but it's not so... Spammable, however it makes a great reflector still... At least that's how I hope it would turn out.

The AAA should just be an AA, first a jab, then firing the canon... And yes, like he said, and the canon should only fire when the jab hits.

The projectile hit box could do only 2% damage. But I'd leave the harder hitting part too, but reduce it's damage to 3%... That should round it up nicely.

Now on to some things I want to clear up myself...

The new invisibility taunt... It's cool, but I feel it's a little... Odd... There's no cons to using it, it's a quick taunt... So I had an odd idea... A little more start up, maybe a few frames more, it would make you fully invisible no name tag or anything, and the only way to cancel it, would be to side taunt, or down taunt again... However, here's the catch, it slowly damages you as you use this mode, and if possible, the damage grows as you use it... So, you shouldn't stay in it too long.

This would be to make it so that she wouldn't be invisible the whole match.
XD


Side B air... Is it possible to make it act, for the most part like the ground one? Here would be the differences... No canceling the charge, so once you start, you're gonna charge through the whole thing. Second, landing lag, and free fall. That should be enough cons to make it balanced.

Perhaps a SLIGHT bit more end lag on down smash? It seems like a better all around down tilt... I feel just a tiny bit more end lag would do the trick.

The final smash... You should get rid of that creature, who knows? Maybe if you make the final smash more simple, that might open up some file space?


Other wise, this is a great update, the down air feels much more polished, the new effects are nice. :)

The only other things I'd do... Maybe change some repeat animations? Like side B ground and AAA's third hit (which hopefully in the next up date will just be an AA move), Leave the side B ground's animation as is, but maybe... Somehow make the firing animation for the plasma canon on AAA look distinct?

Anyway, good luck with this. :)


And Air-down (Phazon Comet), it's ballance?

Anywhere, someone know where is the place, on the PSA Samus set, where can be changed morphball bombs or missilles damages/flags? I mean... i just use the missiles parameters of DivineOverlord's Shadow Samus, but i dont know where he chaged these... (...and he dont replay to my messages, so... :srs:)
Someone can help me? I have an idea for something new...
^_^

OHH!!! SPOILERS!!!  :happy:  TELL ME WHAT THE IDEA IS!!!!!!!!!!!!  :yay:

Quote from: Crony on October 18, 2011, 12:19:30 PM
And Air-down (Phazon Comet), it's ballance?

Anywhere, someone know where is the place, on the PSA Samus set, where can be changed morphball bombs or missilles damages/flags? I mean... i just use the missiles parameters of DivineOverlord's Shadow Samus, but i dont know where he chaged these... (...and he dont replay to my messages, so... :srs:)
Someone can help me? I have an idea for something new...
^_^
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Article_Floating_Points#Samus

here you got some offesets where you see hitboxes for them and to change speed lenght etc you need to Hex the Fitsamus.pac on those offesets and change them
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Excellent moveset. :) Can't get enough of it. Perfect replacement for lame regular Samus, for sure.

Question though: Any chance of making a Dark ZSS PSA as well?

Hey Crony,I have discovered a way to balence out the regular B, make it shoot missiles and super missiles. In other words, sometimes it shoots a regular missile and then sometimes a super missile. (Of course the missile after the Dark Boost Ball) Also you should make the animations more unique. It makes it kinda boring using the same animation over and over again.

Quote from: thestupidmetroid on October 22, 2011, 04:16:09 PM
Hey Crony,I have discovered a way to balence out the regular B, make it shoot missiles and super missiles. In other words, sometimes it shoots a regular missile and then sometimes a super missile. (Of course the missile after the Dark Boost Ball) Also you should make the animations more unique. It makes it kinda boring using the same animation over and over again.
How would that be balanced?

If anything, that's a bad idea, randomness is the last thing a character needs... Yes yes, I know Brawl has that anyway, but still, it's best avoided.