Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dark Lord Yomegami's Stage Thread (More Previews, 9/27)  (Read 6911 times)
D.L. Yomegami
Advanced Kitten

That guy who uses way too many commas. ;P

View Profile Awards
« on: August 26, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »

Since I've done enough stuff now, I think it's time for me to post somewhere other than the help forum.

Instead of a lengthy introduction, I'll just say I'm D. L. Yomegami and I make stages and stuff. Awesome Face

99% of the time, my stages are WiFi friendly. In the event they aren't, it was either a mistake on my part or an idea that was an offshoot of one of my other projects.

With that said, here's all I've made thus far.

------

Current Projects

Abandoned Stadium

I noticed that Pokemon Stadium 2 was lacking of background swaps, so I decided to make one based off the idea of PS2 decades after its usage in Brawl. It's about done - there's a few graphical glitches that need solving before it's ready for release (one of which is slightly visible in the picture).
Thanks to Wrath for his Stadium-less PS2 that made this swap much easier to do, and to LookItsLink for his Pokemon-less Stadium 2.
To be done: Fix graphical glitches, test WiFi compatibility.

New Pork Field

My first Battlefield background swap, and a fairly original one at that. I don't think anyone has ever used New Pork City's background for anything. I think it looks rather awesome over BF. Turns out it works perfectly fine over WiFi without having epic lighting issues. However, now I want to see if there's anything else I can add to the stage to make it more original (seeing as the background came from another multiplayer stage). Might release an as-is version, though.
To be done: Come with possible additional ideas for the stage.

Subspacial/Black Hole Cruise:

Since my old RC texture desynced with PT/for no good reason, I decided to make my own. This one required some builder-block placement to get it to look right, and even now there's still some animations that need fixing. It otherwise looks decidedly awesome - in particular, I think the lighting works surprisingly well here.
To be done: Fix animation issues, test WiFi compatibility w/PT.

Dark Orb Field/FD

Yet another FD skin...which is being developed concurrently with a Battlefield skin. Pretty much just the background from that area in the Battlefield fortress stage where Marth and MK first meet. The FD version has a problem with the orb not animating, but I figured out how to fix that. The BF version, unfortunately, suffers from the "desyncs with 3/4 players" issue for no good reason. Naturally, I have no idea what the heck causes that.
Both versions also need new lighting, although it's more noticeable on FD then it is on BF.
To be done: Change lightings (both); Fix animations (FD); Fix WiFi issues (BF).

------

Finished Work

Final Destination
A.K.A. that stage most of my background swaps are for at the moment. That's partially because it's my favorite stage in Brawl and partially because it's easy to work with.

Heavenly Final Skiff

My take on a Skiff background swap. To differentiate it from Mewtwo's, I altered the lighting on mine to give off a different...well, heavenly feel. For some reason, there's a small graphical glitch where the background will flicker black for a split second occasionally. It's not stage-breaking, just irksome. I don't know how to get rid of it, though.
Download

Black Hole FD (V1/V2)

My first stage, and so far the only one (apart from the aforementioned Abandoned Stadium) to use parts of a stage made by someone else. In this case, it was LenSho and his Super Bowser Galaxy stage. I really liked that black hole/galaxy in the background, but the stage itself wasn't exactly WiFi safe. At the time, there was no FD texture I truly liked in the Vault that fit the music I currently had there. The end result was the version you see on the left.
The version on the right is an updated version I finished up today. The problems the first version had were fixed in V2, and personally I think V2 looks much nicer. Of course, your mileage may vary.
Download (V1)/Download(V2)

Tabuu's Shrine

What I consider to be my best stage thus far. With this stage, not only is the background changed, but the platform is as well. And not to mention it was also the first stage I made that has a model I positioned myself in the background. Since I already rambled enough in the download's description, I'll just leave it at that here.
Download

FD in the Ruins

Just a random idea that came to me one day. This stage's nothing too fancy, other than being my first foray into the Builder-Block method of placing models. I might update it later so that it's higher off the ground.
Download

Heaven's Gate FD

My proudest achievement before making Tabuu's Shrine. This stage was the first time I used custom lighting (although it's based heavily on Skyworld's - still looks rather nice to me, though). All in all, I'd say the parts that went into it mesh together fairly well.
This one's probably going to get an update so that the clouds aren't all yellow, as well as fidgeting with the Skyworld part so PT looks more believable on the stage.
Download

Skyworld FD

There's really nothing to say about this one. It's just ye olde fashioned background swap between two multiplayer stages. I just uploaded it to correct the lack of a straight Skyworld/FD background swap. Which brings up the interesting idea of inverting this concept....
Download

Temple
A.K.A. that stage all the taunt party-ers love. Granted, it's not one of the more popular stages in Brawl, but I figure we WiFi people could use more Temple variations.

Tabuu's Temple

Despite the similarities in names, this is much older than Tabuu's Shrine. In fact, this was the second stage I made. I wanted to do something with Tabuu's background even though Charby already did the Tabuu Stage/FD background swap, so I came up with this.
Thanks to Hotdogturtle for revealing how to get rid of Temple's sky.
Download

------

I seem to like rambling when it comes to stuff I've made. As such, I'll end this first post with this: All my stuff is free to edit as long as credit is given. Seeing as most of it is just cobbled together parts from SSE, I don't think I have much to gain in being overly protective of it. Tongue
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:58:11 PM by D. L. Yomegami » Logged

D.L. Yomegami
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 08:45:26 PM »

Oh hey, I made another stage. However, it's another FD skin. What are the odds?

As it's in the first post, I'll just link to the download here.

Here's hoping someone gets enjoyment out of it. ^^

hotdogturtle
Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 09:34:32 PM »

I like the way you think. You have a lot of similar style ideas to mine.

D.L. Yomegami
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 09:16:30 PM »

Why thank you. Since I entered the hacking community well after standard background swapping was popular, I need to come up with some original ideas for my stages. Granted, given that we both do similar things at the moment, there's bound to be some overlap. P=

Anyway, updated the first post with two more projects (neither of them having anything to do with FD), as well as elaborated on what needs done for each project.

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 01:02:05 PM »

Amazing stuff.

Forte
    Mega Kitten

Artistic Overture...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 06:27:56 PM »

I always thought you stage work was great D. L Yomegami, one of my personal favorites was Black Hole FD. Keep up the good work.

As for the progress on your current works, how is the Abandoned Stadium coming along? Out of all your projects its the one I've been anticipating the most. :3

D.L. Yomegami
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 07:41:54 PM »

Nice to see people appreciate my work. It gives me motivation to keep going, which is a good thing considering I am probably ADHD.

Abandoned Stadium...it works on WiFi fine, but it suffers from graphical issues I have no idea how to fix.

For example, here's a bit clearer image of the monitor in the back:
    As you can see, a bit of the background is clipping in front of it. In fact, that bit is actually really, really far in the background.

Then during the ice transformation, it just gets ridiculous:
    Here, half the background is clipping in front of the structures of ice.

That's why I haven't released the stage yet - these graphical issues just make the stage look ugly. I think it might be an issue with the materials, but I'm not too sure since changing the material type for the monitor didn't work.

In other news: New Pork Field works 100% fine on WiFi and I haven't seen any major fluctuations in lighting. I might release it as is, but I'm tempted to add more onto it to make it more original, since it is simply a background swap between two multiplayer stages.

I might make some BF versions of my FD skins as well, considering some people prefer BF over FD and my first foray into BF background swapping ended without affecting its WiFi friendliness.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:42:51 PM by D. L. Yomegami » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »

Hm... Your stages are pretty interesting.

The Black Hole Destination is pretty nice honestly, I used it for a video as a matter of fact.
    XD

And that Newpork Battlefield looks like an interesting background swap. I always liked the city backdrop of Newpork City... But I always hated the stage itself... So this should be an interesting stage to use from time to time.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

D.L. Yomegami
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »

Updated with more previews. These two stages probably aren't going to see release for a while since I have no idea how to fix bugged "AnmTexSrt" animations. I really, really despise those sorts of animations. >>

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: