Dark Lord Yomegami's Stage Thread (More Previews, 9/27)

Started by D.L. Yomegami, August 27, 2011, 01:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 27, 2011, 01:25:13 AM Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:58:11 PM by D. L. Yomegami
Since I've done enough stuff now, I think it's time for me to post somewhere other than the help forum.

Instead of a lengthy introduction, I'll just say I'm D. L. Yomegami and I make stages and stuff. :af:

99% of the time, my stages are WiFi friendly. In the event they aren't, it was either a mistake on my part or an idea that was an offshoot of one of my other projects.

With that said, here's all I've made thus far.

------

Current Projects

Abandoned Stadium
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


New Pork Field
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Subspacial/Black Hole Cruise:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Dark Orb Field/FD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


------

Finished Work

Final Destination
A.K.A. that stage most of my background swaps are for at the moment. That's partially because it's my favorite stage in Brawl and partially because it's easy to work with.

Heavenly Final Skiff
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Black Hole FD (V1/V2)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Tabuu's Shrine
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


FD in the Ruins
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Heaven's Gate FD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Skyworld FD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Temple
A.K.A. that stage all the taunt party-ers love. Granted, it's not one of the more popular stages in Brawl, but I figure we WiFi people could use more Temple variations.

Tabuu's Temple
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


------

I seem to like rambling when it comes to stuff I've made. As such, I'll end this first post with this: All my stuff is free to edit as long as credit is given. Seeing as most of it is just cobbled together parts from SSE, I don't think I have much to gain in being overly protective of it. :P

Oh hey, I made another stage. However, it's another FD skin. What are the odds?

As it's in the first post, I'll just link to the download here.

Here's hoping someone gets enjoyment out of it. ^^

I like the way you think. You have a lot of similar style ideas to mine.

Why thank you. Since I entered the hacking community well after standard background swapping was popular, I need to come up with some original ideas for my stages. Granted, given that we both do similar things at the moment, there's bound to be some overlap. P=

Anyway, updated the first post with two more projects (neither of them having anything to do with FD), as well as elaborated on what needs done for each project.


I always thought you stage work was great D. L Yomegami, one of my personal favorites was Black Hole FD. Keep up the good work.

As for the progress on your current works, how is the Abandoned Stadium coming along? Out of all your projects its the one I've been anticipating the most. :3

September 27, 2011, 01:41:54 AM #6 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:42:51 AM by D. L. Yomegami
Nice to see people appreciate my work. It gives me motivation to keep going, which is a good thing considering I am probably ADHD.

Abandoned Stadium...it works on WiFi fine, but it suffers from graphical issues I have no idea how to fix.

For example, here's a bit clearer image of the monitor in the back:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

As you can see, a bit of the background is clipping in front of it. In fact, that bit is actually really, really far in the background.

Then during the ice transformation, it just gets ridiculous:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Here, half the background is clipping in front of the structures of ice.

That's why I haven't released the stage yet - these graphical issues just make the stage look ugly. I think it might be an issue with the materials, but I'm not too sure since changing the material type for the monitor didn't work.

In other news: New Pork Field works 100% fine on WiFi and I haven't seen any major fluctuations in lighting. I might release it as is, but I'm tempted to add more onto it to make it more original, since it is simply a background swap between two multiplayer stages.

I might make some BF versions of my FD skins as well, considering some people prefer BF over FD and my first foray into BF background swapping ended without affecting its WiFi friendliness.

Hm... Your stages are pretty interesting.

The Black Hole Destination is pretty nice honestly, I used it for a video as a matter of fact.
XD

And that Newpork Battlefield looks like an interesting background swap. I always liked the city backdrop of Newpork City... But I always hated the stage itself... So this should be an interesting stage to use from time to time.

Updated with more previews. These two stages probably aren't going to see release for a while since I have no idea how to fix bugged "AnmTexSrt" animations. I really, really despise those sorts of animations. >>