..::School of Vertex::.. -CLOSED-

Started by StarWaffle, September 09, 2011, 02:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I may know how to vertex a tiny bit, but I'm weaksauce at textures. I know you of all people could help me get better at texturing these models.

Screen name: Legendary Super Mario
Current skill level: 5/10
Age: 22

I've already got all the necessary supplies.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Star you are awesome... for you to bring yourself to do this is epic. I've really want to vertex for a long time now but I only have a 3ds max trial, brawl box, and photoshop on my mac that isnt working right now, and a lot of motivation. And I'm 19.
R  U  O  K!!!?

September 09, 2011, 06:18:42 AM #17 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:26:47 AM by Gotenks
cool school of vertexing :D
i already know how to do i become almost as good as KTH then he made the hacks before his true mario/megaman V2/that char. over Pit i forgot the name on and got a import model over Wolf too
but 3ds max 8 stopped working

i was trying to make Goku vertex to this:

since it was a easy vertex only head+hair
it stopped working then i was almost done with head(almost perfect) and had to restart my PC :(

but i atleast got my SSJ3 mario Finished

but i can see if i can come that day+Fixed 3ds max 8:
Screen name: Mariodk
Current skill level: 3/10(not 100% sure)
Age: 19


I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

September 09, 2011, 08:21:10 AM #18 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:38:13 AM by Miacis Ballard
I know you said it's for beginners but ... there are actually some classes where I know I'll learn alot of stuff. That I probably wouldn't know where to learn otherwise.

Being kind of a teacher myself, I was wondering if you were okay for me to attend some of your classes. That way I can better help people in V-hacking as well. If you don't find it interesting to make me pass the exam 'cause I already know too much, I don't really mind either.

Just say if you're okay with it. If you aren't, well ... just say it as well.

Screen name: Miacis
Current skill level: 7-8/10
Age: 21

And of course I've already got everything, since we're using the same vertexing method, you and I. Maybe I'll grab GIMP before the first class about it ... to follow more easily. I usually use Paint.NET
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

you can sit in on the classes, just don't be disruptive.

Understood. That was none of my intentions.
I'll just lurk in the shadows in the back of the class. :P

Oh, and to quote GladOS: Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
It is an excellent initiative and I fully support it. If you need any help organizing it forums-wise, don't hesitate to contact me (us?). :)
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.



September 09, 2011, 01:08:08 PM #23 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:22:38 PM by GW_THE BLUE BIRD
I got :

-A computer
-BrawlBox
-AiS
-3DSmax 8
-3DS max COLLADA script
-Mariokart64n Script
-Photo editing program
-No Motivation at all

Screen name: GameWatching
Current skill level: 5/10
Age: 16

September 09, 2011, 01:36:54 PM #24 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 01:37:56 PM by SDo0m InAcTiVe
Quote from: GW_THE BLUE BIRD on September 09, 2011, 01:08:08 PM

Current skill level: 5/10


FREAKIN LIES!!

>.>

Anyways, I won't be a part of this school unfortunately but this is a fantastic idea.  I might set up something like this too (for PSA and animating of course).  Sure I'm not meant to be here, and I'm not really hacking but I should at least help out the community in some way.  Expect me to set up an acadamy which will start at the end of the month/start of October.

awesome idea SDo0m do this for PSAing too i think that can help alot of ppl

i was thinking to just make a thread to make some kinda of attacks
like  how to make teleport you can control(thinking like my Goku´s/shadowkong´s up-B) and changing attack/ afew other things
Quote from: GW_THE BLUE BIRD on September 09, 2011, 01:08:08 PMCurrent skill level: 5/10
thats so untrue you is almost as good as starwaffe
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

September 09, 2011, 05:05:40 PM #26 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:15:31 PM by ChaosZeroX
Screen name:ChaosZeroX
Current overall skill level: 4/10, in vertexing 2/10
Age:19
I have all supplies, I emulate Brawl with Dolphin, with a real wiimote ;)
I use photoshop cs5, bit of illustrator :3

My first and only successful vertex hack
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=22111

The most I have done is do a few textures over some characters in brawl. I read a tutorial about vertexing but not very good.

Screen name: Raikin77
Current skill level: 3/10
Age:22


The School Supplies I have:
-A computer
-BrawlBox I have v0.63d but model viewer does not work (not sure why) so when I need to look at the model veiwer I use v0.64 Modset to look at it
-AiS
-3DSmax 2009 do I really need 3DS max 8 if I do will try to get
  3DS max COLLADA script
  Mariokart64n Script
-Photo editing program  I have photoshop
-A bunch of Motivation

September 09, 2011, 06:07:10 PM #28 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:10:09 PM by Dio
I would like to try this out. I hope Im free on the 20th. but I'd like to see how this works

Screen Name: Holifider
Current Skill Level: -10/10 (I no nothing of vertex)
Age:20

The only thing I dont think i have is
AiS,COLLADA script and the Mariokart64n Script and im not sure what they are...
How would i obtain them?


I wanna sign up but I dont have the 3ds max 8 D:
want to have a working one to window 7 32 bit D;

I did HAVE one trial but it wasn't healthy for my computer D:

and SDo0m, if you open up a animation school. I WANNA JOIN!
Stupid Tinypic :C