Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Remove polygons without crashing BrawlBox?  (Read 1108 times)
TokoyamiTheDark
Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: October 04, 2011, 05:50:37 PM »

I have an issue here, and it's about polygons. I did a Zelda port over Sheik, but the model doesn't open its eyes... Hidden behind the polygon eyes are the eye textures I used to make the Zelda texture hack, and I was wondering ; how can I remove polygons from models without crashing BrawlBox? That way, the model will display the eye texture rather than the real eyes as the Zelda port looks...somewhat sad with closed eyes. Anyone knows how to do that?

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »

if you want to just flat out get rid of it, use this method.

http://kc-mm.com/stickman/kcmm-tutorial-how-to-delete-parts-from-3d-models/12-22-2009/

involves a fair amount of hexing, but not too bad because you can follow along with the video.  and keep in mind that there are a few polygons that don't like to be deleted.  you won't find that out until you get lagged in game, but that will be the cause.  but since it's a face you want to remove, removing it shouldn't cause an issue.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: