Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: The Ultimate Machine: Metal Sonic-finally UP! (I needz replies, guys!)  (Read 38307 times)
Senkusari
Newbie Kitten

Never Be Outdone

View Profile Awards
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »

If you're still interested in getting him to float check here:http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=3748.0

The FitSonicMotionEtc.pac has the floating standing animation, but it curls his spikes up so I suggest against it. The FitSonic.pac has dash animations, but you'd have to extract them and apply them to your character yourself.

Or if you wanna give making it from scratch another try:
kyzon
Well with making the animation move i turned down the Friction to about 0.3 or maybe it was 0.03 then i Upped the Dash Speed to about 11 and unchecked "moves Character" in the run animation. with that done i just had to put momentum codes in the ground places though where he wouldn't slide as much so he runs and acts like a normal character.

kyzon
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »

If you're still interested in getting him to float check here:http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=3748.0

The FitSonicMotionEtc.pac has the floating standing animation, but it curls his spikes up so I suggest against it. The FitSonic.pac has dash animations, but you'd have to extract them and apply them to your character yourself.

Or if you wanna give making it from scratch another try:
    kyzon
    Well with making the animation move i turned down the Friction to about 0.3 or maybe it was 0.03 then i Upped the Dash Speed to about 11 and unchecked "moves Character" in the run animation. with that done i just had to put momentum codes in the ground places though where he wouldn't slide as much so he runs and acts like a normal character.

lol i was just about to suggest that.
    this would be perfect with your metal sonic

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »

Already got him floating  AWESOME 2.0!

OK so ROB's graphics won't work, maybe something explosive that looks similar? fi possible? What about my other suggestions?

kyzon
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »

using brawlbox to transfer the graphic of rob's jets to metal may work.
    just gotta copy over an effect you're not using

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 09:33:57 PM »

i don't really know how to switch anything but animations.
    and how to you transfer articles and stuff?

anyway, i might be able to do without.

kyzon
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 09:40:08 PM »

not the animation. try just switching the graphix and see what happens.
    lol same proces tho.
    export then replace

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: November 07, 2009, 12:11:46 AM »

V.0.7 UP!!!

-Got the MotionPac for the floating dash (u have to press down to brake).
    -took the ground B move suggestion.

Alright, tried new version and it's very good, still needs a few changes:

-delayed hitboxes on backair are still there Lips Sealed, also the regular hitboxes are weird, like sometimes I'll throw a kick and it'll go right through the enemy without hitting them, and sometimes it'll go through the enemy and then hit them a full second later with the sweetspot, the hitboxes on this just need to be reworked

-Better Idea with the graphics on the Up B, but the way they ar it makes it look like only his ankles are on fire Awesome Face, just make the fire graphics at the bottom of the shoes and make them bigger

-UpB again, ok yea this attack has too much knockback power, tone that down, also I have an idea, I noticed that you still have the fire effects on the upB after Sonic starts the frontflip once he reaches the maximum height on his upB, would it be possible to put a sweetspot hitbox there and give it an explosion graphic? As in, when he does the frontflip, as his feet start facing forward, change the graphics maybe to like R.O.B.'s backair and make it a sweetspot hit

-UpB, one more thing, can you put a fire sound effect on this move when you use it, it seems kinda weird the way it is now without sound

-Side B could be better, how about giving it a larger explosion effect where he shoots off, giving it an explosion sound, and making a little faster. Also, it still doesn't knock the enemy back, it just makes them flinch, try making this attack somewhat like Luigi's Side B

-Down B, k I don't know what you did here, but the electricity goes through the floor and down, I meant increase it's range a little on the sides, the horizontal range, there's no point in vertical range for this move, I can see electricity going down the opposite way he's facing, just fix that

-DownB-air, it's fine, just a suggested improvement, can you give it the graphics from R.O.B.'s downair? And have it shoot metal sonic back up a little when he does it like R.O.B.'s?

fixed that, but the up B "sweetspot" has really hard-to-see smoke

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: November 07, 2009, 11:57:54 AM »

Cool stuff on new version, but just a few more changes:

-Running animation, you keep running in place and have to hit down to cancel, whatever you did, change it back, because now YOU CAN'T DASH CANCEL, which just kills this characters metagame, just put that back and let people choose if they wan't to make this character float or not

-UpB, EVERYTHING on this is perfect, just, I didn't hear any fire effects, could be my volume settings but if you didn't put any in could you, and could you put in some explosion type sound for the sweetspot hit?

-Neutral B, give it a little more range, and make it paralyze like Samus' gun, the way it is now it just makes the enemy flinch a little

-DownB-air, ok forget what I said about making him get pushed up a little like ROB when he does this attack, just make it like it was before in the last update k?

-SideB is broken, if you do it at short range, the move immediately cancels out and you can do it again making it an infinite, other than that it was fine

Everything else is perfect, back-air works beautifully, you're so close just a few more tweaks

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: November 07, 2009, 01:28:35 PM »

almost done...anyone have final smash suggestions?

oh, and i changed the pummel in V.0.7...anyone notice?

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: November 07, 2009, 03:02:15 PM »

IDK what you mean by pummel....

As for a final smash, look at the spin attack in this video:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJadBhmxVmQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJadBhmxVmQ</a>

I know it's not technically Metal Sonic, but how about making him do a spin attack like this?

Could it work with something like those green lazers you have on his uptaunt?

Then have metal sonic charge up for like half a second with all electricity shooting around him, and then have him shoot forward at a very fast speed in an electric bladed rolling ball of death.

Have it so he goes about the length of Final Destination, and when he hits an enemy, they get trapped in that hellish spinning vortex(kinda like how someone gets trapped in Luigi's DownB move) as he keeps rolling getting hurt as he goes and when Metal Sonic reaches the end of his spin, he lets out a big burst of flaming electricity and sends the enemies flying.

Just a thought, is it possible?

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: November 07, 2009, 05:52:10 PM »

By pummel, i meant when you press A while grabbing someone.

and the final smash IS possible...i'll try it.
    good idea.

so...kinda like Marth's final smash? should time slow down or the camera zoom in? i can do that.
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 05:55:18 PM by Mr.Weegee » Logged

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: November 08, 2009, 09:56:19 AM »

Um, well you could have time slow down and the camera zoom in on him while he's charging up the move in one spot and starts spinning, but then when he shoots off let everything go back to normal

Actually yea kinda like Marth's final smash

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: November 08, 2009, 04:45:47 PM »

OK...got everything done but the final smash.

final smash works beautifully, except at the beginning Sonic warps in the middle of the stage and doesn't move.
    i didn't put in anything out of the ordinary...anyone know what's wrong?

or should i just release him now?

EDIT: Fixed him! i'll release him later today.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 08:34:47 AM by Mr.Weegee » Logged

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: November 09, 2009, 06:20:23 PM »

Cool stuff on new version, but just a few more changes:

-Running animation, you keep running in place and have to hit down to cancel, whatever you did, change it back, because now YOU CAN'T DASH CANCEL, which just kills this characters metagame, just put that back and let people choose if they wan't to make this character float or not

-UpB, EVERYTHING on this is perfect, just, I didn't hear any fire effects, could be my volume settings but if you didn't put any in could you, and could you put in some explosion type sound for the sweetspot hit?

-Neutral B, give it a little more range, and make it paralyze like Samus' gun, the way it is now it just makes the enemy flinch a little

-DownB-air, ok forget what I said about making him get pushed up a little like ROB when he does this attack, just make it like it was before in the last update k?

-SideB is broken, if you do it at short range, the move immediately cancels out and you can do it again making it an infinite, other than that it was fine

Everything else is perfect, back-air works beautifully, you're so close just a few more tweaks

did that, and added...
    THE FINAL SMASH!!!
    V.0.8 released!

Gazoinks
    Th-the cake, it's a lie!
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Helping Hand

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #59 on: November 09, 2009, 06:40:15 PM »

Ooh, sweet.

The motion download doesn't work for me for some reason.  When I hit download it says processing download and then goes back to the click to download thing.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
    Print
    Jump to: