Nanobud's Sanctuary: Little Mac Attacks

Started by nanobuds, October 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on February 03, 2013, 12:18:22 PM
Data that's not a case of his texture being too white that's a case of the shader screwing up on Delfino which happens with quite a few mods.  Still something that should be fixed though. 

Though it looks excellent otherwise.  Big improvement on the one from 2011.
It's not just Delfino in this case though.

It's like this on a few other stages too. Like Pictochat, and I believe some of the Melee stages.


But yes. That, and the normals issues I mentioned should be fixed.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 03, 2013, 12:37:46 PM
It's not just Delfino in this case though.

It's like this on a few other stages too. Like Pictochat, and I believe some of the Melee stages.


But yes. That, and the normals issues I mentioned should be fixed.


Still, it's definitely a shader issue rather than a texture one.  Check the texture in Brawlbox for example ;)  But yeah, those are the only two issues I can think of.  Nice work on the spec map as well Nano.  Glad to see more and more mods are getting those.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 03, 2013, 08:21:14 AM
...And now instead of praising this mod 100%.

I actually have a few nitpicks with this... Mainly, the normals.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Delphino always causes issues with special shaders. I'm not sure where to start to fix that.

As for the normals, they look perfectly fine in 3ds Max. I have no clue why they get messed up when imported into Brawl. That just happens for some imports.


Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on February 03, 2013, 01:42:26 PM
Still, it's definitely a shader issue rather than a texture one.  Check the texture in Brawlbox for example ;)  But yeah, those are the only two issues I can think of.  Nice work on the spec map as well Nano.  Glad to see more and more mods are getting those.

Thanks! I just wanted to play around with Spec maps more, and I thought he was a perfect candidate

about the rig, i find it  lazy one tbh...

the shell for example, bowser's shell bends, ur shell is completely solid, moving completely with the waistN bone, leaving the bustN, and the shoulderN bones, moving only the skeleton, and thus making it clip badly, also the hands aren't realy properly alligned, the hand bone should be at the wrist, not the center of the hand, also the hip bones and the legs, they could be better alligned

inb4imahater

Quote from: joke. on February 03, 2013, 04:30:45 PM
about the rig, i find it  lazy one tbh...

the shell for example, bowser's shell bends, ur shell is completely solid, moving completely with the waistN bone, leaving the bustN, and the shoulderN bones, moving only the skeleton, and thus making it clip badly, also the hands aren't realy properly alligned, the hand bone should be at the wrist, not the center of the hand, also the hip bones and the legs, they could be better alligned

inb4imahater

Wellll

1. The hands are really big. I couldnt re-size it without making it look odd, and without making the fingers un-aligned

2. As for the shell, It would have been a huge pain in the ass to rig the whole thing. Try rigging a shell over bowser, it makes you want to throw your computer. I tried it, but gave up after a few tries. It looks perfectly fine in-game, and you can't notice the clipping too much

3. The hip and Leg bones are fine in my opinion.

Well I like it. I don't get what's up with you guys, expecting perfection with every rig that comes out nowadays. (Most) Of us are just here as a fun hobby.


I don't even play brawl anymore. I just enjoy using the modeling and graphic softwares

Dry Bowser is awesome. :D Forget what Joke said. :) I plan to include him as an alt for my Real Bowser PSA, with your permission of course. :)

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 03, 2013, 05:47:07 PM
Dry Bowser is awesome. :D Forget what Joke said. :) I plan to include him as an alt for my Real Bowser PSA, with your permission of course. :)
what the [censored], dude?

one thing is saying it's not noticeable, and another thing is to disrespect someone by saying to forget him... just, what the hell...

Quote from: joke. on February 03, 2013, 06:14:24 PM
what the [censored], dude?

one thing is saying it's not noticeable, and another thing is to disrespect someone by saying to forget him... just, what the hell...

You know what? [censored] it, I'm not gonna argue with you on someone else's thread. Got a problem? Next time, shoot me a PM. >_>

Anyhow, I'm totally gonna try this out soon. ;D

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 03, 2013, 05:47:07 PM
Dry Bowser is awesome. :D Forget what Joke said. :) I plan to include him as an alt for my Real Bowser PSA, with your permission of course. :)
You can use him for whatever you want. Just credit me :P

Quote from: Nanobuds on February 03, 2013, 06:44:48 PM
You can use him for whatever you want. Just credit me :P

Thanks, dude. Will do. ;) Keep up the great rigs.


Quote from: Boygos on February 03, 2013, 07:33:23 PM
OP is in desperate need of an update
Yes sir it is. I'm lazy though...

But now I feel guilty. So I'll update it.

I hate you.

Quote from: joke. on February 03, 2013, 04:30:45 PM
about the rig, i find it  lazy one tbh...

the shell for example, bowser's shell bends, ur shell is completely solid, moving completely with the waistN bone, leaving the bustN, and the shoulderN bones, moving only the skeleton, and thus making it clip badly, also the hands aren't realy properly alligned, the hand bone should be at the wrist, not the center of the hand, also the hip bones and the legs, they could be better alligned

inb4imahater
It's a phuking sceleton. Since when did a bone bend around like rubber? There were only a few bones that had an excuse to bend because of where they were. And Nano has a point with Bowser's shell, Bowser's animations are just plain weird and the shell is the most noticable part of any rig because of dem bone rotations, the shell is practically the only thing wrong with Galaxy Bowser's rig, that and the legs' vertices were messed up and were like impossible to find dem stray vertices.
Also Dry Bowser's shell doesn't bend in any Mario game, so rigging the shell to the WaistN helps make the model accurate.
Now I can understand the legs being better aligned since those aren't too far away from the bones, I also see the fingers being moved a little bit around since those also aren't too far from the bones, Nano does proove a vaild point with the hand itself, though I will admit if done correctly, it can be aligned perfectly and not look too small.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.