Nanobud's Sanctuary: Little Mac Attacks

Started by nanobuds, October 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Boygos on February 04, 2013, 12:21:22 AM
only 4 bb

Post Merge: February 04, 2013, 12:22:51 AM

do you still want Iron Man's movie model?
Yessssssssssssss

@Dry bowser haters

You guys just can't ever appreciate the work I do. :(

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Ladies please, its a [censored]ing videogame mod. No need to [censored] about it, It's not like it has to be perfect. Some people here take brawl hacking too seriously, like it's a way of life. Get outside.

Nano, Dry Bowser looks great, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but I sure as hell downloaded it. Do spec maps bring up the filesize a lot? i would of given one to Marston but i barely even had room for expressions.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


February 04, 2013, 06:41:19 AM #5417 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 11:17:59 AM by _Data_Drain_
Quote from: Nanobuds on February 04, 2013, 04:23:37 AM
Yessssssssssssss

@Dry bowser haters

You guys just can't ever appreciate the work I do. :(

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

It's not that I don't appreciate the mods you do. Normally, I don't have problems with your works. And in fact use a LOT of yours. It's just that there are issues with this one. (I know you were joking in this post. But I still wanted to show my appreciation.)

And I'm happy to hear you're gonna fix those said issues. I look forward to seeing that.

Edit: I just heard from a friend of mine that a shader to use... Is the "Phong" shader. Since it's the one that all the Brawl characters have.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 04, 2013, 06:25:07 AM
Ladies please, its a [censored]ing videogame mod. No need to [censored] about it, It's not like it has to be perfect. Some people here take brawl hacking too seriously, like it's a way of life. Get outside.
Excuse me? So you're saying people shouldn't bother giving feedback at all? There's other mods with some slight issues. But I don't bring all of them up. Because most are too minor to bother mentioning. And really don't get in the way of the mod's quality. This one has some things that are noticeable without pausing. Or trying to find them intentionally.

But never the less. He plans on fixing them. So it's all cool.

February 04, 2013, 04:22:31 PM #5418 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 05:02:07 PM by Nanobuds
Hey guys, calm down.

I really appreciate the feedback. It lets me know that you guys actually take the time to look at and appreciate my work. If I had people just yelling and cursing at me and ranting, then yeah I'd be pissed and not care about fixing the issues.
But you guys are being nice about it, and it just shows that you guys enjoy the work I do.

Yes, dry bowser has flaws. I know that now. I didn't notice the normal issues when testing him, and I didn't test him on any bright stages, so I didn't see the shader issue.

I think to fix the shader, I just gotta darken the spec map a bit.

For the normals, I'll talk to M2K

As for the rig, you guys will have to put up with the floaty bones. I can attempt to rig the shell, but it it doesn't turn out well then don't be disappointed if I don't use it

@ShadowSnake: Spec maps will bring up filespace, as they need a duplication of the texture that the objects use, as well as they need a reflective texture

@ DD

That really wasn't targeted at you at all bro lol, lets not start a flame war, as i have a lot of respect for you and i would rather not have you lose respect for me. It's been a long weekend for me so i'm getting pissed off pretty easily. I'm just tired of people in general never being satisfied no matter how much work you put into something. Not saying the shaders/normals dont need to be fixed, but the rig? it's a skeleton, bones don't bend.

@ Nanobuds

Well looks like i will probably never use them, filesize is my worst enemy.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


February 04, 2013, 11:50:36 PM #5420 Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:19:43 AM by StupidMarioFan1
Quote from: Nanobuds on February 04, 2013, 04:22:31 PM
Hey guys, calm down.

I really appreciate the feedback. It lets me know that you guys actually take the time to look at and appreciate my work. If I had people just yelling and cursing at me and ranting, then yeah I'd be pissed and not care about fixing the issues.
But you guys are being nice about it, and it just shows that you guys enjoy the work I do.

Yes, dry bowser has flaws. I know that now. I didn't notice the normal issues when testing him, and I didn't test him on any bright stages, so I didn't see the shader issue.

I think to fix the shader, I just gotta darken the spec map a bit.

For the normals, I'll talk to M2K

As for the rig, you guys will have to put up with the floaty bones. I can attempt to rig the shell, but it it doesn't turn out well then don't be disappointed if I don't use it
Actually darkening the specmap won't fix the shading, it'll just make the detail harder to see. :/
I think the normals are the real problem, plus Dry Bowser used the same shader as Captain Falcon so unless parts are messed with or are unchecked when replacing shaders, I don't think the shader is the prob either, just the stage. -.-
Nano don't re-rig the shell, there has to be some logic behind the rigging, and a bone doesn't bend. :P
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: Nanobuds on February 04, 2013, 04:22:31 PM
As for the rig, you guys will have to put up with the floaty bones. I can attempt to rig the shell, but it it doesn't turn out well then don't be disappointed if I don't use it
Honestly. I don't really have a problem with the "floaty bones". Since he IS a paranormal being. As a matter of fact. If you look at him in New Super Mario Bros in his boss fight. He falls to the ground, crumbles, then floats back together. So it's fitting that his bones aren't all connected.
Quote from: ShadowSnake on February 04, 2013, 05:01:34 PM
@ DD

That really wasn't targeted at you at all bro lol, lets not start a flame war, as i have a lot of respect for you and i would rather not have you lose respect for me. It's been a long weekend for me so i'm getting pissed off pretty easily. I'm just tired of people in general never being satisfied no matter how much work you put into something. Not saying the shaders/normals dont need to be fixed, but the rig? it's a skeleton, bones don't bend.
Ah... I'm sorry I got bent out of shape. It's alright. I can understand being annoyed sometimes with people whining about minor little details.

Don't worry about it.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on February 05, 2013, 12:31:46 AM
Honestly. I don't really have a problem with the "floaty bones". Since he IS a paranormal being. As a matter of fact. If you look at him in New Super Mario Bros in his boss fight. He falls to the ground, crumbles, then floats back together. So it's fitting that his bones aren't all connected.
^this is so true, really the only difference is that in NSMB the bones are closer together, but really it's not that noticable, and you have to have actually looked at the sprites to see the difference.
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

February 06, 2013, 04:16:06 AM #5423 Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:24:00 AM by Nanobuds
What is my next project? This is my next project. (After Enzo and I's secret collab)


Thanks RandomTBush for the model!!

I love you so very much for rigging Ralph. :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


He will be over DK. The bones fit beautifully. I just need to shrink the hands a tad, and it's pretty much perfect.

I think I'll even be able to get the mouth rigged. I'll see what I can do

Ralph eh? This is going to be the best DK mod ever. :srs:
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


This also gives me a good chance to see how DK's eyes and expressions work. I haven't rigged on him since Omega, which didn't need expressions

Yup I suddenly feel guilty for not watching the movie yet.
3DS: 3780-9595-2194 Tumblr: http://oktavia-von-sekendorff.tumblr.com


I haven't seen it either >.>

It's at the top of my too-see list though