Nanobud's Sanctuary: Little Mac Attacks

Started by nanobuds, October 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Nanobuds on March 15, 2012, 12:33:00 AM
alright, cool. just send me the files when youre ready

That might be a bit. Mother currently has command of the TV downstairs, and that's where the Wii is...

I'm also gonna experiment with the specular and reference textures.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Yo nano, no idea whats new and all, but I kinda lost the Pichu files... Completely. Hopefully you don't need them anytime soon :af: but seriously I can easily get them right back to where they were but I cant work on them for a few weeks
STREAMING MODELING STUFF
Pervys world of art
Pervys world of words
QuoteIf only hacking Brawl paid bills.
[move][/move]

Well. Found an awesome online Tutorial to make a better Metal Ref texture...Problem is that Photoshop's started wigging out on me.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on March 15, 2012, 01:57:00 AM
Well. Found an awesome online Tutorial to make a better Metal Ref texture...Problem is that Photoshop's started wigging out on me.

awesome, I hope it works out okay. this is turning out Great!

Quote from: Nanobuds on March 15, 2012, 03:13:00 PM
awesome, I hope it works out okay. this is turning out Great!

Well, I have the screenies, just need to convert them to jpg.

I'll edit this post with them in a second.

EDIT: OKAY!

So. Here are my screenies.

[spoiler]
http://i.imgur.com/Ayvrt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TgzY3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YEYRR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hdLoR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jSj4k.jpg

I put all of them as URLs because of how big they all are.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Does your program for bin to jpeg have a master hand Icon?
And I can't wait, I have a very good texture, but looks sorta bad with the normal metal.
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Great job Velen, has a great high quality texture, while still keeping Metals original look.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

So. Out of all the three I've shown you. (The ones that are not Italian's) Which one's Ref Texture looks best?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

These are great! Can you gives us the tutorial URL?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: KnightMario on March 15, 2012, 04:12:47 PM
These are great! Can you gives us the tutorial URL?

I can give it to you myself right here instead. =)

1. Open a new document (preferably a Ref texture for a character instead, but this is for tutortial purposes)
2. Fill it with black via the Pain Bucket.
3. Go to Filter > Render > Lens Flare. Set it to 105mm Prime and a brightness of 110% (More or less is fine too.)
4. Then go to Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates. Set it to Polar to Rectangular.
5. Go to Edit > Transform > Flip Vertical.
6. Then go to Polar Coordinates again. Set it to Rectangular to Polar.
7. You're done. Now edit it however you like to get different results.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

This would have probably been a great tutorial! If only I could find my photoshop disk.
can you show us the textures you used?
Quote from: Miacis on February 19, 2014, 01:06:26 AM
I know for a fact that the vast majority of the public here cares more about free products than actual quality.
I mean, we're kinda modding an old Wii game after like 6 years, instead of buying new stuff. That's pretty telling. :P

Quote from: Velen on March 15, 2012, 04:07:32 PM
So. Out of all the three I've shown you. (The ones that are not Italian's) Which one's Ref Texture looks best?
My favorite had to be the one all the way to the left in the first picture or either of the two in the 4th picture
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood



Okay. Just need to find out which one is the one on the left in the 4th pic...

Quote from: Giga Man on March 15, 2012, 05:54:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hdLoR.jpg
Just to be sure, who do these two belong to again?

Both of those are my texture with two different Ref textures.

I'll be sending the one on the left to Nano with the textures. I'll also include some alternate Spe textures if anyone wants to experiment with them.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302