Nanobud's Sanctuary: Little Mac Attacks

Started by nanobuds, October 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

eh. I dont mind. Sephy may be after Young Link and Eggman. depends if i get any other ideas.

Ugh...

I just did a test of flattening the image at 512 x 512 for the hand texture.

See the differences for yourself:

This vs this.

-and this vs this.

The only good news about it is it took it down from 800+kb to just over 200kb in one fell swoop.

Just flattening the image only brought it down to just under 800kb.

Man. This is why I sometimes don't like texturing very much. You end up having to sacrifice quality.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Stop getting your feathers in a bunch dude, They will both look the exact same in game while playing >.>

Sure you might see some difference in the raw texture files but there is no way you'd notice any of quality while playing. Get over yourself.

Honestly, I can't tell the difference between either version of the texture. Looks nice nonetheless though. :/
- Forte

Quote from: Velen on July 22, 2012, 04:26:08 PMUgh... I just did a test of flattening the image at 512 x 512 for the hand texture. See the differences for yourself: This vs this. -and this vs this. The only good news about it is it took it down from 800+kb to just over 200kb in one fell swoop. Just flattening the image only brought it down to just under 800kb. Man. This is why I sometimes don't like texturing very much. You end up having to sacrifice quality.
I'm throwing my SD card at the screen but nothing's happening!!!!!!!! D:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Velen. The textures look fine :srs:
I can't notice a drop in detail.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


I think Velen was trying to bring out the fact that smaller resolutions dont really affect the overall quality of the textures but do reduce file size
?

He's saying that resizing the texture could cut back on the quality, but in the long run, it does save space.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Pichu is the emo version of pikachu. He takes damage when he hits an opponent  :P
Oh and You like our sig Nano? Boygos told me to put you as Iron Man.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Yahtzee on July 23, 2012, 12:26:02 AM
True, true.
specially when most of his attacks are electrical...
am i the only one here that hated pichu in melee?
i mean, it was already a weird idea to put a "baby" PKMN in the game, but make him hurt himself? :srs: ??

Yea. I never was a fan of Pichu.
inb4sonicbrawler
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]