ShadowSnake's Imports: back with 3 previews of WIPs

Started by ShadowSnake, October 27, 2011, 10:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I have no idea what to import next...

Marcus Fenix :snake:
2 (2.5%)
Jak :falco:
11 (13.6%)
Reptile :sheik:
5 (6.2%)
Spyro :ivysaur:
16 (19.8%)
Delta :samus:
2 (2.5%)
Seargent Johnson :snake:
5 (6.2%)
Genesis :marth:
7 (8.6%)
Desmond Miles :sheik:
4 (4.9%)
Haytham Kenway :ike:
7 (8.6%)
Filler: i don't know any of those characters  :patrick:
22 (27.2%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Hm...

I should probably try him in game...

But, I noticed in BrawlBox he has some problems... His shoulder armor, it... Deforms when the arm bends too much, like it's made of rubber...


I'll probably get more feedback later. So far though, it's at least the best Sephiroth import... Just needs some fixes. His armor should have been rigged to the armor bones Marth has.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on September 02, 2012, 12:29:09 AM
Hm...

I should probably try him in game...

But, I noticed in BrawlBox he has some problems... His shoulder armor, it... Deforms when the arm bends too much, like it's made of rubber...


I'll probably get more feedback later. So far though, it's at least the best Sephiroth import... Just needs some fixes. His armor should have been rigged to the armor bones Marth has.


i don't mind any critiques, im trying to build this to be the perfect Sephiroth that ends all Sephiroths.

The shoulderpads were a [censored] to say the least, when i rigged them to the shoulderN they turned weird, when i rigged them to the Armor bones they stuck off the arms like 3 inches and looked weird, when i rigged them to shoulderJ they were on the arms too much, so i rigged half to ShoulderJ and half to ShoulderN, it had the best result.

Any other issues is because the model is low poly and didnt have enough verts to be as fluid as like Nanobud's Starkiller.

I will await your critiques. :>.>:
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


September 02, 2012, 01:32:20 AM #857 Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:48:25 AM by _Data_Drain_
Okay, tried him in game... I will warn you, there's quite a few pictures. So be ready.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Other then the things listed here. He's turning out pretty nicely. The model looks good. The face is very nicely detailed. And the leg rig, even if there is something wrong with it? It wouldn't be noticeable at all. The coat hides possible flaws. Which is good thinking.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on September 02, 2012, 01:32:20 AM
Okay, tried him in game... I will warn you, there's quite a few pictures. So be ready.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Lets see...

Shoulders i will try to work out since thats the worst issue.

Wrist i might be able to fix...

Neck i spent a lot of time trying to fix, but with the lack of vertices its hard to get it to look great. maybe its the bone alignment? i could try that.

Eye movement shouldnt be messed up... i dont think i will bother with it myself but might make a help thread or something, to see if someone else can fix it.

Arms barely have any vertices so there isn't anything i can do about it.

Normals are an easy fix, i will fix it.




Thanks for critiquing, I will try and see if i can resolve some of these issues. But it is a low poly PSP model so most of the rig issues is a result of that.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


I think I have a solution about the "left-handed" Sephiroth, but I don't you'll find this pretty. How about flipping all the faces of the model inside-out? But then again you would have redo everything all over again....well that's my solution. ._.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on September 02, 2012, 01:52:39 AM
I think I have a solution about the "left-handed" Sephiroth, but I don't you'll find this pretty. How about flipping all the faces of the model inside-out? But then again you would have redo everything all over again....well that's my solution. ._.

ehh... gbc told me he didnt do anything to get Sephy to work with the left hand psa. im sure its another issue then, perhaps with cull settings?
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on September 02, 2012, 02:01:56 AM
ehh... gbc told me he didnt do anything to get Sephy to work with the left hand psa. im sure its another issue then, perhaps with cull settings?
Hm... For those who want to use that left handed PSA...

You might be able to make everything in the "type" settings 0. That I think makes textures show up on both sides of a model... Inside, and outside.

I could be wrong though...


Quote from: Nanobuds on September 02, 2012, 04:36:24 AM
Why not build the Shoulder armor from scratch?
And for that matter... Add some vertices. And edit the model to fit Marth's bones a bit better? Vertex edit it a bit.

That would make the rig near flawless this way.

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on September 02, 2012, 05:53:22 AM
And for that matter... Add some vertices. And edit the model to fit Marth's bones a bit better? Vertex edit it a bit.

That would make the rig near flawless this way.


i will see what i can do. but dont expect him to be updated soon, i got 5 hours of college homework due tomorrow and 9 hours of work. But yeah I agree, my Sephy is really good but it isn't perfect, if i make it nearly perfect this could get 1000s of DLs.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.



Just look at this man.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


He screams C. Falcon.


Quote from: ν•˜μ„Έμš” on September 02, 2012, 04:44:07 PM
Just look at this man.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


He screams C. Falcon.

All of this^

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

I have that Thor model ready if you want it, SS :P


Captain Falcon? [censored] no!

Height is not the same, body proportions not the same.

He is not heroic either.

Android 17 fits Falco so well because of the height, the way he moves, the attitude, and most specifically, the swag.

If you do it, I'll do a texture for him like I did for his sister.