My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render

Started by Xiggah, October 29, 2011, 01:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Xiggah on December 01, 2011, 02:50:53 AM
Most additional models per character are included as models in their fighter files. The only difference I can see between normal models and articles is that they are usually items that can be picked up or otherwise interact with others... someone explain the differences between articles and normal models please >.>

To relate to your idea, the closest would be Mr. Game And Watch, who keeps several hidden models and also fights with a random assortment of weapons. (Also, no idea on Pinkie's specific moveset as of now)

Sorry about the uncertainty. When I said articles, I meant extra models.

However, I didn't mean in the same manner as Game and Watch. Game and Watch uses PSA codes related to the visibility of specific bones. Like the Eyeyellow bone.

The Eyeyellow bone doesn't actually have anything rigged to it. The Yelloweyed polygons are usually rigged to the HeadN or something. But the visibility of the Eyeyellow polygon is set to the Eyeyellow bone, which is why it appears when the smashball is hit. G&W's hammers and such work the same way.

What I was talking about isn't using bone visibilty, but simply rigging the foam hands/etc. to one of the bones that the pony doesn't use as a normal model, not an article.

After that, you can simply use Brawlbox animations to keep the models small and out of sight when they aren't needed.

That, and you can add as many extra models as you like as long as you have filespace and enough bones.


December 01, 2011, 07:06:01 AM #151 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:20:38 PM by XXDrakWolfXX
Quote from: Xiggah on December 01, 2011, 02:50:53 AM
(Also, no idea on Pinkie's specific moveset as of now)
Up B= Balloons = :af2:
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: Spex130 on December 01, 2011, 02:59:13 AM
What I was talking about isn't using bone visibilty, but simply rigging the foam hands/etc. to one of the bones that the pony doesn't use as a normal model, not an article.

After that, you can simply use Brawlbox animations to keep the models small and out of sight when they aren't needed.

Eh.... in small numbers that could work, but if there's over 10 models then we're starting to waste space on bones. I'm avoiding the "old methods of working around Brawl model requirements" because it hinders the quality and freedom in these models, and because we already have module hacks that can modify for more articles as needed. They're just not available to the general brawl hacking community.

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on December 01, 2011, 12:12:07 AM
Hey Don't Steal. Most of those were My idea. >:( So i bolded them
Because you invented those quotes.  :>.>palm: get over yourself brah

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on December 01, 2011, 12:12:07 AM
Hey Don't Steal. Most of those were My idea. >:( So i bolded them. Also, Pinkie's last two ones should be victory lines.

To Xiggah: Well anyway, now that you started animating, Will Pinkie have the foam hand, Baloons, Cupcake, etc? Just wondering now that animating has started. Also, remember we got turbobear doing the PSA.
These are your ideas but they can be ideas of mine, duh. If I thought that too I have the rights to post it.
I'm sorry if you thought that.
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*YOU DECIDE
*KTH
*I love you
*but I love Jurio more
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i love you too
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*Phoenix.
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*oh and KTH don't forget Knucklini's shoes
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*LOL
KTH scrive (14.48):
*love/
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*lol
KTH scrive (14.48):
*....
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*i'm going to sleep now
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i hate you now srs
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*good night both of
*what
*!
*:emo:
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*night man rotfl
KTH scrive (14.48):
*lol
Best quote ever!

December 02, 2011, 12:16:52 AM #155 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:19:06 AM by Redpwnage795
^yeah, But i was the first one to post taunt ideas, and i was the first to post the bolded ones. so practicly those ideas orignated from me, and you're practiclly stealing them. So editing them would make me feel better.

Quote from: XXDrakWolfXX on December 01, 2011, 07:06:01 AM
Up B= Balloons = :af2:
I think someone already mentioned that idea, and we are just bringing it up over and over.
I'm back after a long while.

Quote from: Xiggah on December 01, 2011, 07:28:15 AM
Eh.... in small numbers that could work, but if there's over 10 models then we're starting to waste space on bones. I'm avoiding the "old methods of working around Brawl model requirements" because it hinders the quality and freedom in these models, and because we already have module hacks that can modify for more articles as needed. They're just not available to the general brawl hacking community.

Oh...

I never knew that those existed. I've always stayed away from modules. (Character .rel ports never work in SSE...)

And yeah, with the bone situation it was just an example, adding as many models as you like. 10 models is absolute overkill lol.

If you have access to extra articles, by all means use them. I truly didn't know something so useful was even around....



Quote from: Spex130 on December 02, 2011, 05:32:37 AM
Oh...

I never knew that those existed. I've always stayed away from modules. (Character .rel ports never work in SSE...)

And yeah, with the bone situation it was just an example, adding as many models as you like. 10 models is absolute overkill lol.

If you have access to extra articles, by all means use them. I truly didn't know something so useful was even around....



Do we have access to extra articles, yes. Do we have access to edit the module files, no. Not to the general public, sorry to raise your hopes. While module editing has reached BlackJax's interest, the only module hacks currently are character ports (e.g., Pit over King Dedede, Sonic over Donkey Kong) Only the select few know how to hex module files for now. But I'll get the articles needed when the time comes for me to use them.

Also, Subspace Emissary is different from multiplayer. You can see this the most with Sonic's slow run speed. Perhaps there are seperate module files.

And blog update, although it's really only something minor. Twilight and AppleJack included, and somepony please explain to me why I can't understand how pony legs are supposed to move!

Quote from: Xiggah on December 02, 2011, 09:21:21 AM
Also, Subspace Emissary is different from multiplayer. You can see this the most with Sonic's slow run speed. Perhaps there are seperate module files.
I have to say about this:
no, it's not seperate module files, it's diffirent attributes in FitFighter.pac like the brawl attributes
Stupid Tinypic :C

I just found a fighting is magic vid that could help us on our project! It was minor preview footage. but it shows possible animation/moves

1. Standing Animation For Rainbow Dash

2. Standard attack for Rarity

3. Side Smash Attack For Rarity

4. Up Smash for Pinkie Pie

Here is the vid
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I'm back after a long while.

Quote from: Redpwnage795 on December 03, 2011, 05:22:35 AM
I just found a fighting is magic vid that could help us on our project! It was minor preview footage. but it shows possible animation/moves

1. Standing Animation For Rainbow Dash

2. Standard attack for Rarity

3. Side Smash Attack For Rarity

4. Up Smash for Pinkie Pie

Here is the vid
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


You know, I think it's about time for me to say this.... I have a Brawl-esque moveset set out for half of the characters. Almost every single animation for Rainbow Dash has already been planned out, with AppleJack at a close second, followed out by (s)he-who-wll-not-be-named, and a few others with about a quarter of a moveset thought out.

The reason I don't copy Fighting is Magic is because Smash Bros. is a hybrid of a fighting game, not quite like the classic stamina ground-based fighters. It's made as a simple fighter, not relying on complex combos and controls for attacks, and I'm revolving around that rather than a Street Fighter approach.

Quote from: Xiggah on December 03, 2011, 07:08:35 AM
You know, I think it's about time for me to say this.... I have a Brawl-esque moveset set out for half of the characters. Almost every single animation for Rainbow Dash has already been planned out, with AppleJack at a close second, followed out by (s)he-who-wll-not-be-named, and a few others with about a quarter of a moveset thought out.

The reason I don't copy Fighting is Magic is because Smash Bros. is a hybrid of a fighting game, not quite like the classic stamina ground-based fighters. It's made as a simple fighter, not relying on complex combos and controls for attacks, and I'm revolving around that rather than a Street Fighter approach.
This. I love Fighting is Magic to death, but we really need to remember that Brawl is no Street Fighter. It's unique in how it plays, so it's only fair that we make the ponies unique too, right?


Still, I'm just waiting for the day that either of these projects show me some [censored] Fluttershy... D:

ok so after the new episode i think its safe to say that pinkies NB is the party canon....where would i find a canon model in game?

Quote from: turbobear on December 03, 2011, 05:23:38 PM
ok so after the new episode i think its safe to say that pinkies NB is the party canon....where would i find a canon model in game?

You would ask me to make a cannon model!... Or honestly, anyone could make a simple canon. It's the animations and confetti effects that would be hard.

Animations wouldn't be hard if the cannon was rigged in such a way that it can move as dynamically as it did in the show.