Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: Old Fire Emblem thread ~ Moved!  (Read 70530 times)
Shun_One
Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #105 on: April 21, 2012, 09:22:33 AM »

That Roy looks so badass. Happy Face Even though it barely even looks like him. Im srs here

If you need anybody to rig anything, I'd be happy to do it.
    I could even dust off my vertexing skills.

I look forward to more awesomeness in this thread.

If you're willing to vertex, that'd be great. I can send you a pm of all the texture work I've done so far.

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Exorcist
    super cool title like all the cool kids
    Supreme Kitten

it's admirable that yall are still kickin

• Awards Heart Container Fiery Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #106 on: April 21, 2012, 09:35:40 AM »

Yeah, send the textures anytime.
    Do you want his hair to be vertexed too or just his clothes?

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2012, 10:07:08 AM »

Just his clothes. You can do his hair also if you want. If you do, I'll release two versions. One with the hair, and another without.

Exorcist
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #108 on: April 21, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »

Alrighty, I'll try to do his hair.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2012, 10:12:01 AM »

Sounds awesome. I'll probably keep working on my own textures then update them when I get the vertex back. This will be awesome!

Sanada
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Staff Helper Sniper Tutorial Writer Epic Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #110 on: April 21, 2012, 10:22:45 AM »

...Not to be rude, however I'd prefer the new Roy over Marth...BUT, Ike is a better base for it, so I tell you what, after it's done on Ike, the model can be rigged over Marth for use the Roy PSA. Makes sense? I hope I don't sound demanding, but I could help rigging the model over Marth after it's done...That is if it is okay with you guys...>.<

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2012, 10:24:27 AM »

Sure, it's fine with me. I started with Ike since he looked far closer to it than Marth (would be much easier to vertex). When we're done, feel free to rig it over Marth.

Exorcist
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #112 on: April 21, 2012, 12:32:43 PM »

Ok, this is what I got done in an hour.
    The sword:

The boots:

The hair and some of the armor:

And here's a full pic:

Also I agree with the rigging on Marth thing.

Feedback? Cheesy

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »

The sword: Awesome.
    The boots: Fantastic. I don't think we should aim to capture the new bottom side as it'll be odd to texture. This looks great the way it is.

I like the armor. It resembles the shield just how I thought it would (I'm almost to the point where I'll texture that next).

The shoulder strap is great!

Good progress with the hair. I don't know if we can keep the strands appearing the same as Ike's (I suppose what I see is just the programs issues). Looking good thus far.

The sleeves, if possible, should have a little indent to appear as if they're being tucked into his arm-guards.

I'm going to do some basic texture work on the boots, belts, and shoulder pad then send them to you to help out a bit. I'm still slowly progressing, so it's all good. I'll fix Ike's ripped cape while I'm at it.

Still, looking great thus far! I'm gonna keep firing away at these textures
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:59:20 PM by Shun_One » Logged

Sanada
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #114 on: April 21, 2012, 01:02:49 PM »

I have some feedback, I hope I don't sound demanding because I'm not and just pointing things for improvement if considered. The model is awesome as is, and I'm grateful you taking your time to do this, ExorcistRain Cheesy

The sword -
    I think the sword needs to be a bit thicker, something like this.

Looking very closely to the Roy pic the sword is a bit thicker, so is the sheathe.

The boots -
    The boots look awesome as it is. If you wanted to, you can try to get the little armor thing on it.
    (Sorry but I needed two pictures to show you this)

Stretch the hinges of the boots downwards until it just about covers the light brown area. Then...

If you can, stretch each end of the henge upwards so it'll look like a small C when looked from the side.

The boots: Fantastic. I don't think we should aim to capture the new bottom side as it'll be odd to texture. This looks great the way it is.

Um, do you mean that armor thing I was mentioning above? If so, I figured it may be hard to texture, but I can help texture it as well since I think it would add a nice touch to the boots. I can trial/error it until it looks fine Wink

The armor looks great and the strap too!

The rest of the body -
    Theres alot to say here, but I'll cut it quick. Looks great so far however some small adjustments would be nice.

-Okay first, this really isn't a vertex, more of a texture problem, that white thing of Roy should be on his knee. Then from the strap thing on it, the rest could be vertexed upwards, much like how I explained for the boots above.  

-Second, the belt bucket of the front strap, if it can, be vertexed into a circle. This is NOT needed though, however.

- Third, the hair looks great, but maybe stretch the hairs that are sticking out a lil bit more.

-Finally, the right arm...I have no idea of this because from the picture it is hard to see Roy's right arm. But you can see ether his cape or a cloth going straight across (no armor on that arm) so yea it looks good, maybe have it small hinges on it to show its a cloth, but ether way it's really up to you Smiley.

Also thanks guys, I'll try my best rigging it on Marth, the model so far looks great!
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:42:46 PM by Azai » Logged

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2012, 02:00:39 PM »

Um, do you mean that armor thing I was mentioning above? If so, I figured it may be hard to texture, but I can help texture it as well since I think it would add a nice touch to the boots. I can trial/error it until it looks fine Wink

That's what I was talking about. I figured out how to get it right. Most of it is just waiting for the vertex to finish so I can see how it'll look. As of now, I'm just guessing, so things are a bit sloppy.

-Okay first, this really isn't a vertex, more of a texture problem, that white thing of Roy should be on his knee. Then from the strap thing on it, the rest could be vertexed upwards, much like how I explained for the boots above.  

You're right in that it is in the wrong place. That I'm going to fix. Just tossed it on for references sake and to have something in that spot.

-Finally, the right arm...I have no idea of this because from the picture it is hard to see Roy's right arm. But you can see ether his cape or a cloth going straight across (no armor on that arm) so yea it looks good, maybe have it small hinges on it to show its a cloth, but ether way it's really up to you Smiley.

I think his arms are both the same? It's just a guess, but I think it's right. Mercenaries in FE13 have similar sleeves and Roy looks like he's modeled after one of them. Hence my guess.

I appreciate the feed-back and all the help you guys! Let's make this hack great!

EDIT: Suddenly realized Roy's cape is slightly torn. Huh. Well, so much for fixing it.
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:05:53 PM by Shun_One » Logged

Exorcist
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #116 on: April 21, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »

Thanks for the feedback on the model guys.

@Azai
    Does this sword look better?

I tried the boots and the strap but both didn't work. :c

Like Shun said, I think Roy is wearing sleeves on his right arm, but I'll wait until some clearer pics come out to change it.

And I gotta say, Shun, your textures are awesome!  Happy Face

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2012, 02:36:48 PM »

I'll see what I can do with textures for the boots. It might not be perfect, but it'll come close.

Thanks for the compliment! I've done a lot more work since then, so I'll send you some updated ones soon.

As for the circle whole in his shoulder belt, I think I can texture that in.

In my next texture update:
    Better boots, and belts
    Re-ripped caped
    Minor sleeve updates

I'm going off of what I can see from your vertex to get the bulk of the work done, so the preview you posted is helping out a ton. The sword will probably be the last thing I texture. Gotta get the rest of him just right first.

Great stuff guys!

Exorcist
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #118 on: April 21, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »

Holy crap, you work fast. Im srs here
    I'll try to show some updated screens soon.

Sanada
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #119 on: April 21, 2012, 05:04:30 PM »

That's what I was talking about. I figured out how to get it right. Most of it is just waiting for the vertex to finish so I can see how it'll look. As of now, I'm just guessing, so things are a bit sloppy.

You're right in that it is in the wrong place. That I'm going to fix. Just tossed it on for references sake and to have something in that spot.

Ah, awesome. Glad to know you got this covered.

I think his arms are both the same? It's just a guess, but I think it's right. Mercenaries in FE13 have similar sleeves and Roy looks like he's modeled after one of them. Hence my guess.

I appreciate the feed-back and all the help you guys! Let's make this hack great!

EDIT: Suddenly realized Roy's cape is slightly torn. Huh. Well, so much for fixing it.

Well, I'm not sure, I suppose so...what does a mercenary in FE13 look like? I can't find a proper picture of it online...Ah and good eye, I didn't notice that at first, it's torn like Ike's cape.

Thanks for the feedback on the model guys.

@Azai
    Does this sword look better?
    I tried the boots and the strap but both didn't work. :c

Like Shun said, I think Roy is wearing sleeves on his right arm, but I'll wait until some clearer pics come out to change it.

And I gotta say, Shun, your textures are awesome!  Happy Face

Your welcome, yes that sword looks better, good job on it! Cheesy

As for the boots and strap, don't worry about those. Wink

That's a good idea, with April 26th is a few days from now (that's when the DLC is released - think), we can then see more of Roy's appearance then.

I can't wait to see more screens, this model is going to be epic!

Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
    Print
    Jump to: