Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Questions about stage expansion/rel files  (Read 1178 times)
Icefrio
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 05, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »

Hey all, first time posting here.

I've been messing with Brawl Hacking for a while, limiting my own texture making due to time, but using the fantastic works of others. I recently got back into it, and I've come across the Stage Expansion.

Everything works fine; I've got about 9 of my own stages on the expanded roster. But I have a couple of questions:

1. Is is possible to use stages designed for something like Distant Planet over the custom slots? I tried using the .rel files provided in a handy download for the Stage Expansion tutorial, yet the only stages I seem to be able to use are designed for use over Final Destination. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2. Is there any way to fix the resolution problem on the stage selection screen? The big stage select pictures when you hover your cursor over the stages themselves are really blurry, and I'm not sure why.

I believe that's all I don't get at the moment; any help would be appreciated!

-Icefrio

Icefrio
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »

Any help? :\

Sirkura
Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 02:38:34 AM »

Hey all, first time posting here.

I've been messing with Brawl Hacking for a while, limiting my own texture making due to time, but using the fantastic works of others. I recently got back into it, and I've come across the Stage Expansion.

Everything works fine; I've got about 9 of my own stages on the expanded roster. But I have a couple of questions:

1. Is is possible to use stages designed for something like Distant Planet over the custom slots? I tried using the .rel files provided in a handy download for the Stage Expansion tutorial, yet the only stages I seem to be able to use are designed for use over Final Destination. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2. Is there any way to fix the resolution problem on the stage selection screen? The big stage select pictures when you hover your cursor over the stages themselves are really blurry, and I'm not sure why.

I believe that's all I don't get at the moment; any help would be appreciated!

-Icefrio

1) its completely possible to use stages designed for other stages for it. u need a few things tho, the original rel file for the stage u want on the exp. stage, a hex editor (or stage switcher app), and the stage itself. unfortunately i lost the link i had for the rel offsets to change in the hex file QQ but it's really simple maybe someone can help out and find the link?

2) it's blurry to reduce the file size on the file, u can replace the pics but it's likely to freeze with the added stages

Icefrio
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:37:20 AM »

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, it seems. The download I got for the stage expansion included a tutorial and all of the st_customXX.rel files edited to work for the custom stages (e.g. there's one in there called st_custom for Luigi's Mansion. Say I'm using the spot 0F. I rename this rel file to st_custom0F.rel, and the stage STGCUSTOM0F.pac in the /melee/ folder. That should work, correct? I get freezes on every attempt.

Thank you for the answer to 2 though, that makes perfect sense.

EDIT: I seem to have figured it out. Didn't realize all the stages I was downloading just required me to edit the .rel the way you described, thank you again for your help.
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:34:56 PM by Icefrio » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: