Mastaklo's World of Model Imports | Broly preview + Custom Cell Shade Material

Started by Mastaklo, November 06, 2011, 11:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Release
Metal Sonic
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Metal on Metal Sonic.

Metalception.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Okay, from what I can tell. He doesn't lag on Delfino, or anywhere... But, on Delfino, his shine texture vanishes. But can randomly come back... And then disappear again... Quoting Mewtwo2000 on this.

"By the way, to anybody that has downloaded the shader. Download it again. I've found some weird glitch when Delfino is played. For some reason, it got glitched for non-blended alphas. I've changed it and works fine. Anyway, if somebody finds any issue, just tell me please."

I think this is the same problem... See if you can fix it in the future.


Also, the jet in his back seems to have a bit of model, or texture overlapping... Since if you look closely at it, it glitches up a bit.

The rigging... Well, I'll be honest. I'm not an expert on this matter. But from what I can tell. There's no MAJOR deal breaking flaws. It looks alright to me. Though the neck and shoulders seem a bit off to me. And his waist is messed up when he bends... But, this may very well be a model import limit, due to Sonic's movements.

All and all, I still feel this is a nice addition to Sonic's hack list.

As the shine in this hack isn't transparent or anything, it should be easily fixed by making some small change to the material. Checking the 'BlendEnable' value as true could solve it totally, don't ask me why.

If this alone didn't work, some other value would need to be changed in the material.

The true fix to this would be adding some 'stage' to the shader used. Apparently, a new shader correctly placed would fix this issue.

I'll take a look to the shader used and the hack itself when I get time anyway. And in the case Mastaklo can't solve the issue with the info here, I would fix it in no time.

My OoT Link uses a similar material and shader for the mirror shield, swords and gauntlets, that's why I've learned about all this.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on March 14, 2012, 05:08:22 PM
As the shine in this hack isn't transparent or anything, it should be easily fixed by making some small change to the material. Checking the 'BlendEnable' value as true could solve it totally, don't ask me why.

If this alone didn't work, some other value would need to be changed in the material.

The true fix to this would be adding some 'stage' to the shader used. Apparently, a new shader correctly placed would fix this issue.

I'll take a look to the shader used and the hack itself when I get time anyway. And in the case Mastaklo can't solve the issue with the info here, I would fix it in no time.

My OoT Link uses a similar material and shader for the mirror shield, swords and gauntlets, that's why I've learned about all this.

For me i got no errors on delfino
But you can take a look by your self if you want

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on March 14, 2012, 04:48:06 PM
Okay, from what I can tell. He doesn't lag on Delfino, or anywhere... But, on Delfino, his shine texture vanishes. But can randomly come back... And then disappear again... Quoting Mewtwo2000 on this.

"By the way, to anybody that has downloaded the shader. Download it again. I've found some weird glitch when Delfino is played. For some reason, it got glitched for non-blended alphas. I've changed it and works fine. Anyway, if somebody finds any issue, just tell me please."

I think this is the same problem... See if you can fix it in the future.


Also, the jet in his back seems to have a bit of model, or texture overlapping... Since if you look closely at it, it glitches up a bit.

The rigging... Well, I'll be honest. I'm not an expert on this matter. But from what I can tell. There's no MAJOR deal breaking flaws. It looks alright to me. Though the neck and shoulders seem a bit off to me. And his waist is messed up when he bends... But, this may very well be a model import limit, due to Sonic's movements.

All and all, I still feel this is a nice addition to Sonic's hack list.


That's because Metal Sonic isn't supposed to have the capability to bend his waist. His construction doesn't allow for it.

If Metal Sonic is going to be done a PSA on for any reason, any and all Waist transformations via rotation should be forgone.

That said, Metal Looks nice, but I think

What I think the Ref texture could use is a Gaussian Blur. Use it and set it to about 2.5 - 4 pixel radius and it should do the trick.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: _Data_Drain_ on March 14, 2012, 04:48:06 PM
The rigging... Well, I'll be honest. I'm not an expert on this matter. But from what I can tell. There's no MAJOR deal breaking flaws. It looks alright to me. Though the neck and shoulders seem a bit off to me. And his waist is messed up when he bends... But, this may very well be a model import limit, due to Sonic's movements.

All and all, I still feel this is a nice addition to Sonic's hack list.


Those are more problems with Sonic in general rather than this rig.  You see, lots of characters have both ShoulderN and ShoulderJ bones.  The Metal Sonic over Wolf for example, has both of these so you can control the entire arm with the shoulder pad or the entire arm without the shoulder pad (there's even a separate bone to control the shoulder pad on its own).  However, Sonic only has ShoulderJ bones so there is less flexibility in the overall movement.

As for the neck, similar problem.  Sonic only has a Neck bone, rather than both a Neck and a Head bone.  Metal Sonic's model here (interestingly) has a neck, so both bones would need to be required for the best results. 

Sasuke
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

hope he has sharingan eyes for FS eyes :P
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 18, 2012, 10:05:58 PM #114 Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:09:02 PM by Mariodk
KTH was doing that model too and even HD texture but for some reason it failed
i wish you will also do Young sasuke over marth(cuz of future plan of a PSA to sasuke based on then he was in team 7) and not super saiyan Emo Sasuke
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Mariodk on March 18, 2012, 10:05:58 PM
KTH was doing that model too and even HD texture but for some reason it failed
i wish you will also do Young sasuke over marth(cuz of future plan of a PSA to sasuke based on then he was in team 7) and not super saiyan Emo Sasuke
Nah, KTH was doing GNT special sasuke (EMS Sasuke). This is sasuke from the beginning of shippuden aka Hebi. I personally think you should do the GNT special model. Either way I am excited to finally see Sasuke imported :laugh:
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

March 19, 2012, 03:00:53 AM #116 Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:53:19 AM by AnImAiNe
is the sheath going to be included? or should i ask will there be a sword and swordless version?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Dude. Your 3D animations are awesome :srs:
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



yea!! the curse mark model i gave you works. now i can plan my move set

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]