Strong Bad
Homestar Runner
Razputin from Psychonauts
Shock (my character)
Edward Elric
Envy
Roy Mustang

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Shock's Model Imports, Edward Elric is getting a better model and rig soon!  (Read 41041 times)
shock44
Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: November 17, 2011, 09:12:39 AM »

'Kay. I'll get back to you on that.
    Alright.

Also, to jellyfishjosh I have some people willing to work on the PSA right now. You can join the team if you want whenever we've got this model ready thanks.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: November 17, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »

So yeah. I exported the bones and put them into 3DS Max 2010 using a 2011 plugin.

They needed a little work (only a little) to get them working in BB again.

Everything that had a SingleBind came out unskinned, but since SingleBinds only attach to one bone, it was pretty simple to re-rig them to the right bones.

Lastly, when I exported the first time there was a small error about some bones being rigged to a different bone than the initial pose. That'll probably be fixed if you do a re-rig, however. Probably.

Anyways, I imported into BrawlBox, and the animations came out fine. Perfect, actually.

However, re-adding textures will Kill the ENV texture that came with the model. I have a few ideas on how to re-add that, but they're just ideas......

Also, ignore the textures. They work fine, I just thought that Klonoa looked cool like that.

"Patrionoa" or something.

Titanoverlord
    Mega Kitten

soon I will rise from the void reborn

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »

Don't worry i am a trained monkey and i can fix the Env texture problem and make everything dandy for you.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 03:49:57 PM »

So yeah. I exported the bones and put them into 3DS Max 2010 using a 2011 plugin.

They needed a little work (only a little) to get them working in BB again.

Everything that had a SingleBind came out unskinned, but since SingleBinds only attach to one bone, it was pretty simple to re-rig them to the right bones.

Lastly, when I exported the first time there was a small error about some bones being rigged to a different bone than the initial pose. That'll probably be fixed if you do a re-rig, however. Probably.

Anyways, I imported into BrawlBox, and the animations came out fine. Perfect, actually.

However, re-adding textures will Kill the ENV texture that came with the model. I have a few ideas on how to re-add that, but they're just ideas......

Also, ignore the textures. They work fine, I just thought that Klonoa looked cool like that.

"Patrionoa" or something.

Great Job. Thank you for fixing this up. Hehe he does look Patriotic and cool like that, maybe later we could make a texture similar to that. So do the bones work right or do you need to still fix a few things?

Don't worry i am a trained monkey and i can fix the Env texture problem and make everything dandy for you.

Great, if we have to re-add the textures I'll let you know that we need you to fix the Env textures. Now I'm just wondering if the plan to put in DK's necessary bones will work now.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 05:30:29 PM »

Bones work fine. Absolutely nothing changed.

Also, you should know:

Lucas has 64 bones, and DK has 62. Klonoa has 79. Honestly, all the animations might work fine over DK without any bone editing....

I'll go test, I suppose.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 07:50:58 PM »

Bones work fine. Absolutely nothing changed.

Also, you should know:

Lucas has 64 bones, and DK has 62. Klonoa has 79. Honestly, all the animations might work fine over DK without any bone editing....

I'll go test, I suppose.

Alright cool man. Only thing I'm thinking about is that will Klonoa function well on Donkey Kong's moveset in game? Let me know how the tests go because the main reason for putting it on DK is to be able to use the pick up and carry part of his moveset.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: November 17, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »

DING! Survey says:

Yes. It does work. Kinda.

WHAT WORKS:

All the animations. They work quite fine.

GLITCHES SO FAR:

Obviously, DK's original moveset doesn't quite work with Klonoa. So the hitboxes are off.

Klonoa's ring grows MASSIVE when he shields.

Standard B freezes the game.

All of Klonoa's effects appear in the middle of the stage. From when he punches, to when he's hit, to when he lands after getting hit. All in the center.

Klonoa himself is pretty big. (About two or 3 hats taller than Luigi)

I don't know what grab does. I was getting my hat handed to me.....

Now, just so you know, this is just the original Lucas Klonoa model MDL0 replacing DK, along with the original Klonoa animations replacing DKs. I didn't use the reimported model I did.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »

DING! Survey says:

Yes. It does work. Kinda.

WHAT WORKS:

All the animations. They work quite fine.

GLITCHES SO FAR:

Obviously, DK's original moveset doesn't quite work with Klonoa. So the hitboxes are off.

Klonoa's ring grows MASSIVE when he shields.

Standard B freezes the game.

All of Klonoa's effects appear in the middle of the stage. From when he punches, to when he's hit, to when he lands after getting hit. All in the center.

Klonoa himself is pretty big. (About two or 3 hats taller than Luigi)

I don't know what grab does. I was getting my hat handed to me.....

Now, just so you know, this is just the original Lucas Klonoa model MDL0 replacing DK, along with the original Klonoa animations replacing DKs. I didn't use the reimported model I did.

Oh well that explains the shield and effect glitches. Could you try the reimported model or is it not ready or something?

Titanoverlord
    Mega Kitten

soon I will rise from the void reborn

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »

hey shock I forgot to mention this but i love your new shadow model
    I watched the video for it and i must say I don't like it ether when people import or vertex lower quality or badly made models into the game as it looks weird.
    so what you did was turn a higher quality model into a older design while keeping the quality.
    and then for the chaos zero import I am working on I took the old model from SADX and made it like new while maintaining the old design.
    there is no feedback yet on it so check it out
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36288.0

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: November 17, 2011, 09:43:02 PM »

Omg, Strong Bad and Stinkoman! Cheesy Awesome!

Their rigs and shaders are a little disappointing though. Are you going to fix them before release?

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: November 17, 2011, 09:57:29 PM »

Oh well that explains the shield and effect glitches. Could you try the reimported model or is it not ready or something?

I am absolutely sure there would be no difference.

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: November 17, 2011, 10:32:27 PM »

hey shock I forgot to mention this but i love your new shadow model
    I watched the video for it and i must say I don't like it ether when people import or vertex lower quality or badly made models into the game as it looks weird.
    so what you did was turn a higher quality mod
    el into a older design while keeping the quality.
    and then for the chaos zero import I am working on I took the old model from SADX and made it like new while maintaining the old design.
    there is no feedback yet on it so check it out
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=36288.0

Thank you, I'm glad you like it because I worked hard on getting that model's spikes to look as much like the SA2 design as I could. Also I didn't get the texture for the fur quite right but I did the best I could. I went and checked out your Chaos Zero model and its great.
    Omg, Strong Bad and Stinkoman! Cheesy Awesome!

Their rigs and shaders are a little disappointing though. Are you going to fix them before release?

Well, I don't know how to make their shaders look like they did in their games but I will make sure that the characters aren't too bright like, I know Strong Bad is too bright. Also I'm going to try and give the models outlines like they have in the game. The thing I'm wondering is if I can do it the way that that one guy did it with the Kirby Epic Yarn texture or if I need to do it the way I did it in Gmod where I had another copy of the model on top and flip the normals and give it an outline texture. I'm glad you like it though. I'm not sure in what order I'm going to make my imports (seeing as Klonoa is having issues, I'll wait till it gets fixed and do some easier imports on the side) but I'll start with the first 2 models getting the most votes and then move on to the ones I really want to do next. Also forgot to mention, I'm having trouble with getting characters like Homestar and Pom Pom's eye textures to work. Their eye textures have a transparent background and even though I import them as transparent they still have a background when played in game. If someone knows how to fix that then let me know.

Oh okay then. It's just that whenever we imported other MDL0s into Brawl we had those Shield and Effect problems. And now that people import models on the Brawl characters they don't have those issues. Is this because they are using the bones of that character? If so could you give me the reimported model of Klonoa so I can add bones to him andd make them like Donkey Kong's bones so that he can work better on Donkey Kong?

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: November 17, 2011, 11:30:36 PM »

Actually, the problem is that Klonoa has TOO many bones, so you won't be needing to add any. There are other characters who would be perfect for Klonoa if you didn't want the grabbing thing to be so important.

Check out Snoopy's glitch fixing thread. You might find some answers there.

Also, I'll PM you the stuff. Expect it soon. I gotta turn Patrionoa back into Klonoa. Laugh

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 12:20:58 PM »

Actually, the problem is that Klonoa has TOO many bones, so you won't be needing to add any. There are other characters who would be perfect for Klonoa if you didn't want the grabbing thing to be so important.

Check out Snoopy's glitch fixing thread. You might find some answers there.

Also, I'll PM you the stuff. Expect it soon. I gotta turn Patrionoa back into Klonoa. Laugh

I figured I'd divide this up to make it nice.

Reply:
    lol okay take your time. So I'm guessing putting in more bones would mess it up cuz DK isn't supposed to have that many? I mean ROB and some other character have like 100 something bones.

On another note:

Also, since people really want Edward Elric. Which model should I go with: The one from Nintendo Wii game or the one from the PSP fighting game?

Wii game:
    Fighting game:

Fighting game one would be quicker because the texture mapping is messed up on Ed's texture for the Wii one:

So if someone could help me fix that problem then that would be great. Please give me your thoughts thanks.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:43:08 PM by shock44 » Logged

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: November 18, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »

I personally think the model from the Wii game looks better .. :/
    but do what ever you want to do Cheesy

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7