SSE Investigation Collab...

Started by ForOhFor Error, November 15, 2011, 11:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

November 15, 2011, 11:58:58 PM Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:26:23 PM by ForOhFor Error
It's a shame that we've been hacking this game for quite a while, but no one has looked into SSE files.

This collab will hopefully get us enough information to start changing them. The eventual goal being a full editor of SSE files, able to set enemy spawn points, put in obstacles, etc.

If you want to contribute, just start posting whatever findings you can!

FC: 2191-7379-6272

November 16, 2011, 12:01:58 AM #1 Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 03:13:37 AM by ForOhFor Error
INFORMATION:

-The first division of all stage files appears to be enemies you have to load all the information of to use. Melee stages also have this, maybe making some interesting things possible without .rel editing.

-Common enemies such as primids, as well as some SSE items, are loaded from Adventure_Common.arc

-The logic for enemies ( bosses included ) is located in the division NOT containing brres in its name. It is MiscData[0] there, and looks to be similar to PSA code in hex.

- Adventure_Common.arc also contains an ARC division called "Jump" that appears to control room transitions. It has 29 ADSJ (Adventure Stage Jump) files in it. Here's some basic notes on the file format, by Sky Grounder:
Quote
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Interesting. I wonder, has anyone ever looked at boss files?

November 16, 2011, 12:49:09 AM #3 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:45:33 AM by ForOhFor Error
There's one division containing art assets, and another containing a single file... probably the logic, possibly in a PSA-like format (though probably uneditable by PSA itself).

Edit: From what I can tell from the hex code, it appears very similar indeed. However, it is still uneditable by PSA.
Although really, it has no reason to be that much different... this needs looking into by someone who knows the layout of PSA files in hex.   

FC: 2191-7379-6272

I mainly want to know so I can take a look at IDs in ef_taboo.pac.

November 16, 2011, 08:36:41 PM #5 Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:52:30 PM by Sky Grounder
\stage\adventure\adventure_common.pac this file contains alot of adventure data.
There's an ARC in it named 'jump', which contains MiscDatas with the letters 'ADSJ'. I believe it contains information about where you "jump" to, when the stage's loading from a new stage file (.pac).

EDIT:
Quote from: ForOhFor Error on November 16, 2011, 12:01:58 AM
-The first division of all stage files appears to be enemies you have to load all the information of to use. Melee stages also have this, maybe making some interesting things possible without .rel editing.
From what I know, the enemies are loaded through RELs, so if we were to make them work in regular brawl, it would require some heavy REL editing :(

EDIT2:
MiscData[4] contains BGMG, which seems to control which song the different stages (to be more exact, files) uses.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Making them work in regular brawl would be epic, just like the ones in Melee. XD

But I mostly want to find out how SSE effect files are loaded.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 17, 2011, 12:37:06 AM
Making them work in regular brawl would be epic, just like the ones in Melee. XD

But I mostly want to find out how SSE effect files are loaded.
The effect files are most likely loaded through enemy PSA/AI, as for the stages.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Well, someone needs to make them work in PSA, because I'd like to know what their files' IDs are.

I will have more for you saturday...

but at least now I know I'm not the only one looking into this :)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Ooh, schweet. I look forward to your findings, Tcll!

This is what I have about the BGMG format:

Header:
Size - 0x0F

0x00(4): BGMG
0x04(4): Number of strings to entries (0x010F (271))
0x08(4): Nulls
0x0C(4): Nulls


Strings:
Size - 0x03

Every string is 4 bytes and leads to the entries.


Entries:
Size - 0x0F

Starts when the string list ends.

0x00(4): Stage ID
0x04(4): Song ID*
0x08(4): Song volume? (always 0x64 (100))
0x0C(4): Nulls

*FFFFFFFF = No song?


Song IDs (The ones with the * don't exist):
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

December 02, 2011, 04:38:58 AM #12 Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:40:03 AM by Tcll
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on December 01, 2011, 03:13:43 PMOoh, schweet. I look forward to your findings, Tcll!
well... eh-heh... I hate to be a heartbreaker,
but I havn't really been doing too much research into the SSE...

however, I was looking through the stages recently to see if I couldn't find the scripting for them >_>
I didn't quite succeed at that, but I did manage to stumble over the BLOC format, which contains alot more unheard of formats >_>

meh...
I'm not into scripting yet anyways...
need to finish models first...


TBH, I havn't been into the SSE because there wasn't really much going around about it...
as well as me and my large list of big things to do...

these being a few of them:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I will get more into the SSE now ;)
I've had a few plans for my own adventure mode from my game "Exp:824"
(something I'd <3 to see in brawl)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

I think I might look into that "jump" ARC. Linking stages in different ways would be useful, especially if we discover what triggers room (file) transitions. After all, the fist step to editing any SSE stage would be defining the layout - collisions, rooms, and such.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on December 06, 2011, 05:26:23 AM
I think I might look into that "jump" ARC. Linking stages in different ways would be useful, especially if we discover what triggers room (file) transitions. After all, the fist step to editing any SSE stage would be defining the layout - collisions, rooms, and such.
heh
that's exactly the reason I was looking into the stages XDD

the first one I opened was the one with that trap room... go figure XD
(open the door and fall into a lava pit)

anyways...
that's where I found the BLOC and ADPM files...
there's another one that doesn't seem to have a header magic...
I'm guessing that's the logic...

I guess what you want would prbly be in the logic, as I didn't see any scripts...

however, the BLOC file contains quite a few magics...
here's a part from it:
00000000 | 42 4C 4F 43 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 00 - BLOC.......€....
00000016 | 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 48 00 00 00 6C 00 00 02 48 - ...0...H...l...H
00000032 | 00 00 05 3C 00 00 0B 14 00 00 0B 70 00 00 0B B4 - ...<.......p...´
00000048 | 47 4D 53 4A 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 0C 09 00 01 01 - GMSJ............
00000064 | 00 01 00 00 00 C9 01 00 47 45 54 32 00 00 00 01 - .....É..GET2....
00000080 | 00 00 00 0C 01 01 00 00 45 2B 40 00 C3 7F 00 00 - ........E+@.Ã..
00000096 | 45 37 20 00 42 92 00 00 00 C9 01 00 47 4D 57 41 - E7 .B'...É..GMWA
00000112 | 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 14 00 00 00 AC 00 00 01 44 - ...........¬...D
00000128 | 44 BA 40 00 C2 F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 42 B4 00 00 - Dº@.Âð......B´..
00000144 | 00 6C FF 00 3F 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 3F 80 00 00 - .lÿ.?€......?€..
00000160 | 00 01 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 - ..ÿ.............
00000176 | 00 DC 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - .Ü..............
00000192 | 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - ................


lemme know if you find out anything more ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.