SSE Investigation Collab...

Started by ForOhFor Error, November 15, 2011, 11:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

December 06, 2011, 06:10:56 PM #15 Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:16:39 PM by Sky Grounder
It's great to know that I'm not the only one interested in figuring out the SSE files :D

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on December 06, 2011, 05:26:23 AM
I think I might look into that "jump" ARC. Linking stages in different ways would be useful, especially if we discover what triggers room (file) transitions. After all, the fist step to editing any SSE stage would be defining the layout - collisions, rooms, and such.
Well the "jump" ARC contains 29 files which all have the format "ADSJ". The format is really simple, just like the "BGMG" format.

Here's my specs:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I believe the bytes in green loads the file with those numbers, for example:
04 00 01 00 loads 040001.pac,
04 01 01 00 loads 040101.pac,
04 02 01 00 loads 040201.pac and
04 02 01 01 loads 040201a.pac (the last digit most likely adds a letter to the name if over 00 (alphabetically).

Some of the entries loads the same file. I guess it's because there are multiple entrances and exits.
The rest of the bytes likely contains some other IDs.


@Tcll: Maybe the "BLOC" file is a container for other files just like "ARC" and "BRRES"?
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

December 06, 2011, 08:17:39 PM #16 Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:32:32 PM by ForOhFor Error
ADSJ Most likely stands for "Adventure Stage Jump"

May I suggest that we find one of the simplest stages (1 room to a sub-room, preferably) and modify it so that instead of jumping to the sub-room, it jumps to, say, Tabuu?

The Plains would probably fit:

The Plains
070001 : After the Minister!
070001a: Sub-room
070002 : The Floating Platform

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: ForOhFor Error on December 06, 2011, 08:17:39 PM
ADSJ Most likely stands for "Adventure Stage Jump"

May I suggest that we find one of the simplest stages (1 room to a sub-room, preferably) and modify it so that instead of jumping to the sub-room, it jumps to, say, Tabuu?

The Plains would probably fit:

The Plains
070001 : After the Minister!
070001a: Sub-room
070002 : The Floating Platform
I think that's just a coincidental acro 0.o

I think there'd more likely be an ID offset to jump to... >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

December 07, 2011, 12:24:17 AM #18 Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:27:42 AM by ForOhFor Error
It's a useful acronym nonetheless; We'll never know what it stands for for sure, but we can damn well guess.

Besides, it's easy enough to remember.

Oh, in this:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=3609.0
there are 34 divisions into stages. 5 are one-room. That makes 29 that need to 'jump' between rooms, the amount of ADSJ files in the Jump ARC.

I'm willing to guess that the first 2 digits in each division correspond to the MiscData file id.

Seems to fit, no?

FC: 2191-7379-6272

This seems really important for my project.

What SSE files do you guys want me to check out?

If you could check various files to see if you can find enemy spawns, or find in the stages how doors and stage transitions are placed, that would be good.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

I'd also be interested in knowing how Boss files work, and how to properly port their effects.

MiscData[2] in SSE stages contain respawn points for stages that have multiple respawn points (maybe you respawn to the closest one?) and
MiscData[9] contains stepjump, which should be directly related to the stage's ADSJ file.
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

I hope someday someone makes an editor for those files. I'm really curious to see how they work.

The one I mentioned in my previous post is actually MDL0 files with only bones. (I forgot to say it >.< )
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus


Not at all. In my casual looks through the files, I found a lot of them. Each of the bones loads an instance, or triggers something, etc.

ModelData[9] contains one of such models that has bones with names that correspond to the strings in the entries in ADSJ files. Presumably, some programming makes this model activate a transition corresponding to the bone name, and uses the "unknowns" in the entries to load a stage with a corresponding number. The question is - why are there two of the "unknowns" in the entry?

Anyway, It's finally the weekend, so I can totally work on this now (also, I finished Skyward Sword).

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Already?? It's barely come out! XD

Found something i don't know if it will be useful:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


They were in MiscData[100] in 920801.
-

That's the structure for regular stages. That's the Tabuu battle, so I guess the "proper" fights (those that P2 can't teleport in) only need the normal Melee stage bone setup.

FC: 2191-7379-6272