Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TheSacredPhoenix's Texture Pack (With Custom CSS, CSP, and Ingame images)  (Read 10164 times)
thesacredphoenix
Intermediate Kitten

I like Chocobos.

View Profile Awards
« on: November 05, 2009, 12:22:03 PM »

Hey all, I posted this on Smash Boards and received good feedback, just wanted to share with you all because you've been a great resource for actually acquiring textures.

Taken from my video description:
WHAT I DID DO:
- Take pictures of every character on Pictochat (except Shadow and default Nintendo colors), use Photoshop to crop and edit them, then turn them into acceptable .tgas. I did all of this myself without using .tga's that other people created. Yes. It took like 30 hours.
- Compiled my favorite textures of every character except G&W (which I made using picano's tool) from around the internet.
- Edited spunit's code to create my Custom CSS (Character Select Screen).

WHAT I DIDN'T DO
- Create the textures themselves. These magnificent works of art were done by skilled and innovative artists from Stack Smash, Kitty Corp, Meow Mix, and other smaller individual developers.
- Create Gecko, Ocarina, CSS, etc, code. I did edit some of the CSS code to arrange the icons to my liking, so I do take credit for the design, but not the code itself.
- Create anything related to the stage.

SPECIAL THANKS
- Phantom Wings - for making textures able to be loaded off of the SD Card, among other things. Serious props, thanks a lot.
- spunit262 - for making a character select screen I used as a base for mine.
- Kitty Corps and Meow Mix - for all their guides and galleries.
- allisbrawl - there was this one post that gave really simple instructions on how to get crisp and non-pink bordered .tgas in a very simple manner.
- Fit Artifex - for making a custom "4 Ways To Play" and Strap Loader screen.
- ecco / A Flying Turnip (depending on platform he goes by different names) - for assisting me on roster decision as well as test play.
Estimated time of compiling everything, renaming everything, taking and creating tgas, and the rest : about 50 hours. It was well worth it though, it's a great game and the depth of what can be modded is just astounding. Maybe my Computer Science degree will push me to try my hand on something more than just collecting other people's creations. We'll see.

So, here we go:

VERSION 1.0
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0uz16HGO_s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0uz16HGO_s</a>

VERSION 1.1 updates.
What's new : Strap loader, 4 Ways to Play, Game and Watch colors and CSPs, and some stages that I liked from others put on. Also, Auto Ruleset code implemented to 3 Stock, Infinite Time (yeah, yeah), Stock, Turn Stage Choice, and then other "normal" options. NO GAMEPLAY CHANGES MADE. I am kinda against that. I am considering No Tripping, but I probably won't do it.

Wanna see it in action? Sure you do! See first video for all characters, this is just a video of additional changes.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixk5JXnwNTw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixk5JXnwNTw</a>
Enjoy.

This is my CSS arrangement too. See the first video for textures on the CSS, and also in game images too.

Wanna download it?  Go here.http://depositfiles.com/en/files/rul7fqt4u
: Includes code file, a list of the codes I use, all textures, CSP and CSS changes, Strap Loader, 4 Ways to Play screen, and for kicks I even threw in my TGA files that I spent like, 30 hours working on.

So tell me what you think or if you download it or whatever.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 12:42:50 PM by thesacredphoenix » Logged

Mac_Elef
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 03:03:49 PM »

Very nice CSS layout and your character portaits look amazing, some of the best I've seen in the business.

The problem is, your textures don't look like they are set up to be team friendly.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:05:26 PM by Mac_Elef » Logged

thesacredphoenix
Intermediate Kitten

I like Chocobos.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »

@Mac_Elef : Teams... about that... haha.  Some of them are close to the right color, I tried, but you are indeed right.  Green team Sonic is Knuckles, etc.  And some people just don't have the right colors.  But I mean, I didn't really make it with teams in mind, I guess if there are enough people that bother me I could make a more team friendly one =P

Thanks for the good words though!

shadowsquid86
Mega Kitten

Person of Lordly Caliber

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »

Very nice, I thought about doing something like this.

Is that my Bulbasaur?  Happy Face

sasook
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 08:21:41 PM »

Firstly, your CSS looks amazing, and I'm downloading it. xD

Secondly, off topic, but:

every character except G&W (which I made using picano's tool) from around the internet.

Can anyone tell me where I might find a tutorial on how to use this? I downloaded picano's tool but had no idea what to do. The txt file said to "follow the directions" but I didn't understand them. D:

thesacredphoenix
    Intermediate Kitten

I like Chocobos.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 12:40:43 AM »

@sasook : Thanks first of all, second, I didn't actually read anything, just clicked the .exe and went from there.  So what happens is it asks what you want to change in a command prompt manner, and asks if you want to change the inside color of 1 - 6.  If you say yes to any, you insert the RGB values, (the numbers that define a color, you could go to the Wiki page on Colors or just find RGB values) and then it goes to the next #.  The order of things it asks for is: Inside Color, Outside Color, Final Smash and Attack Prop Color Inside, then Final Smash and Attack Prop Color Outside.  It then creates a file that you simply plop in the gamewatch folder under fighter and then you're good to go.  Hope that helped at least a little.  As good as it is, the tool is really easy to mess up a number and have to restart, and to non computer savvy people it's not the easiest to use.  I was thinking about writing some sort of Java program that would make a User Interface, but I'm not sure how to use Color Applets the exact way I'm thinking, so don't expect that to get finished.

@shadowsquid : I think it is your Bulbasaur actually!  ^_^  I was really hoping that Bulbasaur or Charmander would be in Brawl, so I was happy when Nintendo said Ivysaur was, but even happier when I saw your Bulbasaur!  No offense to your Charmander either, but it doesn't hold the cuteness and charm that a normal Charmander has XD

Scootaloo
    Supreme Kitten

Just your local pony that everyone hates

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 01:40:10 AM »

awwn I dont c my midna/imp midna or any one my cursed textures in there. I did spot my Jet though. I made that one quite a long time ago

Scootaloo . says
    i hate the game industry in general
    King Jigglypuff says
    D:
    Epic Pervy says
    agreed
    Scootaloo . says
    i love the games
    King Jigglypuff says
    Oh.
    Scootaloo . says
    but the community is the most [censored]iest, whiniest, and antagonizing group you will ever see on the face of this [censored]in earth and millions of light years beyond it

I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

thesacredphoenix
    Intermediate Kitten

I like Chocobos.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »

@fireking220 : Well... here's the situation with you, haha.  My first set of textures had most of your Cursed ones, and they look amazing up close and in pictures.  However, I found that during the game that the red isn't vibrant enough (could just be the 2 TVs I played on with them) and they turn out to be mostly black and really don't show the amazing detail they do when you zoom close.  It really just amounted to picking textures that would show up, and for that reason the Twilight themed ones also didn't make my pack except for Bowser.  Sorry 'bout that!  But I am a fan of yours though =)

Mac_Elef
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 11:38:33 AM »

Can I ask where you found that Tidus ike skin? The one you have looks way better than the one in the gallery.

thesacredphoenix
    Intermediate Kitten

I like Chocobos.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »

Found it, it was on this forum actually, http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=1128.0.  Creator is Drsusredfish, fantastic artist actually.  His other stuff is quite good too.
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 02:33:48 PM by thesacredphoenix » Logged

Mac_Elef
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 10:18:59 PM »

thanks, it has been found.  Grin

mobilisq
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 06:53:02 PM »

as far as the tga's are concerned, since for whatever reason i cannot open them, are they numbered as they appear in the vid or in reference to the color list?

Smowkworld
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »

Hello I'm french member ^^

I have downloaded your pack, it's cool ! Good work but the problem is after a Brawl match, textures didn't work ( stages , portraits , texture characters...) , i don't know why ? Can you help me ?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: