Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3
Author Topic: KC-MM Needs $40 for .net an .org Renewal!  (Read 69953 times)
Jack H.
Titles cost $5,000
Supreme Kitten

Co-Founder of KC-MM

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: December 09, 2011, 10:43:06 AM »

Loyal Followers of KC-MM,

We've received a last minute renewal notice from our domain provider that states we are about to lose BrawlVault.net and BrawlVault.org.

By heading to http://kc-mm.com, you can help by donating even the smallest amount. A few people would resolve this immediately. We only need $40, and (as per usual) your donations will be reflected on the donations page located beneath our PayPal button on the right hand column of the site.  Kirby Dance (drop me a note of the amount and your screen name if you donate so I can add your name to the contributions!)

Our traffic has been incredible for over 2 years, an we solute you!

-Jack H.
    http://kc-mm.com

-Jack H.

Lord_of_D:
    Supreme Kitten

:D

• Awards Heart Container Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 11:04:01 AM »

isnt enough being .com? Tongue. anyway i would like to donate at least 2 dollars...but havent my own credit card Oh shi~

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »

I'll try to make a donation soon.  I just need to sort some things out first.

Edit:  Well if PayPal does its job right, you guys should get a cool $40 from me.  Hope it helps.
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:22:04 AM by Victory Badguy » Logged

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 01:30:20 PM »

isnt enough being .com? Tongue. anyway i would like to donate at least 2 dollars...but havent my own credit card Oh shi~
    Well, technically, ".com" means there's something COMmercial involved, even though people seem to have forgottem about that meaning over time. ".net" is more neutral, I guess ?

I'll try to make a donation soon.  I just need to sort some things out first.

Edit: Well if PayPal does its job right, you guys should get a cool $40 from me. Hope it helps.
    Oh wow, that's awesome. Thanks alot ! ^^

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »

Oh wow, that's awesome. Thanks alot ! ^^

You're welcome.  Honestly, I've gotten more enjoyment from this site than I would've from $40 worth of stuff, so I think it's money well spent.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 04:59:12 PM »

So this all goes to dant i presume?

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 05:02:17 PM »

I thought the ads in forum games were supposed ease the money issues? Why not add more?

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »

People of Kc has been kind to me in the past. I'm donating $50 (when my cuz says it's cleared)

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 05:10:06 PM »

So this all goes to dant i presume?
    scratch that, I just thought about it carefully, and dant wouldn't waste money on domain masks.

So just to make sure I understand what just happened: you asked for 40 dollars for these domain masks that you created awhile ago and consequently should be paying for?  And these are completely unnecessary masks that nobody actually uses?  wow.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 10:46:41 AM »

I thought the ads in forum games were supposed ease the money issues? Why not add more?
    Those are Google Ads, and Google only gives us the actual money whenver we reach certain amounts ($100, I believe ?). Since we haven't reached that mark yet, we technically didn't get any of the money yet. We got I think ~$40 in 2 monthes from it. Guess Forum Games isn't such a ressource hog after all.

Also, yes, we'll add more of these little ads under BrawlVault. That's what we had planned from the beginning, but the ads themselves will probably need a bit of tweaking, coding-wise. And considering picano is always alone on the job and currently reviewing for his finals, this will have to wait a bit.
    But once they are in place, the funds should start flowing more regularly considering the traffic in BV.

Another thing is that the ad money is supposed to be reserved for the server hosting and possibly getting ourselves something better.

scratch that, I just thought about it carefully, and dant wouldn't waste money on domain masks.
    No, that's an initiative from us. Dant is helping us with the hosting, sure, but we're on our own when it comes to managing the website itself.

So just to make sure I understand what just happened: you asked for 40 dollars for these domain masks that you created awhile ago and consequently should be paying for? And these are completely unnecessary masks that nobody actually uses? wow.
    I'm currently checking our Google Analytics page that we created right after our biggest server troubles, to monitor our traffic, and locate the best spots to place ads.

And guess what ? People actually find us with these "unnecessary masks". kc-mm.com/net and brawlvault.com/net at least, are frequently used.
    I'll ask Jack if we could drop the .org ones since they don't seem to be ever used anyways, but the other ones ... we'll keep them.

Also, it's not like we're asking for donations very often, or that we've ever been any annoying with ads. Considering how much time we are dedicating to this place, I don't think that $40 Donation every 6 MONTHES is that unreasonnable.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 10:49:14 AM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 11:00:14 AM »

And these are completely unnecessary masks that nobody actually uses?  wow.
    Because these are things you know. Right.

For your own good, please stop making wild assumptions. Not everything is a scandal. Not everything is a big controversy. Sometimes, you're just wrong.

So just to make sure I understand what just happened: you asked for 40 dollars for these domain masks that you created awhile ago and consequently should be paying for?
    Case in point: they were initially bought with donation money, as was everything else. This is not out of the ordinary in the least.

I think Miacis covered everything else relevant, re: ad money, etc.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 11:01:39 AM by Vyse » Logged

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 11:00:42 AM »

I just got a Text from hyoko saying that my donation went through. Maybe we could use some of it to look into Game server Hosting? I'd love to help maintain the servers on my pc, but the net here isn't enough. It would please me and also hopefully get us noticed even more if we have a server Pc with our games on it.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »

Ah, I see. Well I understand how money issues can be. But considering I've done some free graphic design work for the awards, I think I've done my part.  Grin

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 11:45:07 AM »

I'd love to provide money, but I have no source of income >.<

: SW-2632-7270-6724

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »

For your own good, please stop making wild assumptions. Not everything is a scandal. Not everything is a big controversy. Sometimes, you're just wrong.
    Case in point: they were initially bought with donation money, as was everything else. This is not out of the ordinary in the least.
    The thing that irks me is you're soliciting money from children, and these masks aren't even necessary.

Pages:  [1] 2 3
    Print
    Jump to: