Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help! My Wii fails to read discs!  (Read 1168 times)
zigazav
Advanced Kitten

Likes to hack SSBB. Using mom's Wii for hacks now.

View Profile Awards
« on: December 25, 2011, 05:02:29 AM »

Everything the subject's title says, and also, I put this here because it prevents me from getting hacks to work. No matter which disc I put in, when I go to the Disc Channel, it comes up with the message the comes up if your disc cannot be read. I've even tried the alternate loader, it's probably not the disc's fault because, I even tried discs that worked before, and they failed. Such as: "New Super Mario Bros. Wii" for example, I've tried others, but they don't work as well. This all started when I tried to load some hacks onto SSBB, but got the disc error right when the hacks got loaded. It said to turn off the Wii, (along with some other useless stuff) but the power button didn't work, so I pulled the plug out of the Wii's power port. Metroid Other M worked fine, untill my game got interupted by the same disc error, but with different color look. After that, no discs worked, not even GCN games, but non-disc related homebrew works fine, so it's not completely broken, please help if you can.

I'm currently taking requests for BRSTMs, if I feel like it. Also, I'm having trouble with the Brawlvault Sig Generator, the picture won't show like it used to do, the sig I created won't show.
And, what's up  with Censoring my previous signature  KCMM? I wasn't using the word "S**t", that was Japanese language I was using in there, in a song. Nothing to do with that bad language word you think I was using. No offence.

Sky Grounder
Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 05:10:02 AM »

I think you'll have to replace the disc reader.

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

zigazav
    Advanced Kitten

Likes to hack SSBB. Using mom's Wii for hacks now.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 05:35:55 AM »

Yeah, that's kinda what my friend Zana told me, but I don't know how. Sure, you open the Wii, but I may not have the tool for it. Is it one of those tools you have to specially order? I also don't have the spare part for this. Something like this has happened to me before, I had one Progress PET, but then I just HAD to mess with it using a coin, and sometime after that, it wouldn't read Battle Chips. I tried to get one of my friends to fix it, (which he's good with stuff like this) but he couldn't fix it. I had to get a new one, and learned from my mistake. But a Wii is different, not easy to replace, (considering how much those expensive game systems cost) but another of my friends knows how to get a Wii for a cheaper price, get a used one from 'that game store', yeah 'that one'. You can get one for like $60.00, if my friend is right about the price.

I'm currently taking requests for BRSTMs, if I feel like it. Also, I'm having trouble with the Brawlvault Sig Generator, the picture won't show like it used to do, the sig I created won't show.
    And, what's up  with Censoring my previous signature  KCMM? I wasn't using the word "S**t", that was Japanese language I was using in there, in a song. Nothing to do with that bad language word you think I was using. No offence.

Sky Grounder
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 06:48:40 AM »

Well I don't know how to fix it that way, but what I did, was to uninstall ALL the mods I had done to the wii, then send it in for repair. When I got my wii back, I just simply re-hacked my wii again.

3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
    Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: