Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Stock icons in the top left corner of stage selection screen?!  (Read 1585 times)
Murio
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 01, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »

hello, ive been able to replace everything of a characters custom (csp,bp, classic mode stock icon, etc.) but i cannot find exactly where the stock icons in the top left corner of the sss are located within the game, ive went over common5.pac, info.pac, and a few other files like those that i found. if anyone could give me the location of these stage selection character stock icons i would appreciate it. thanks!!

ultima149
Intermediate Kitten

Things are looking up.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 08:26:43 PM »

I believe it's under sc_selmap_en.pac in common_5.pac under miscdata[40]. Were you able to replace the names of characters in game? I'm trying to do it and it's bugging the crap out of me.

Don't ridicule me because I have nothing clever to say. Simply look the other direction in an ashamed manner for the both of us.

Murio
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 08:33:10 PM »

ya i was able to replace all names ingame, do u need help with anything? and ya i changed them in the common5.pac but those are only for the stock icons in classic mode when u pick how many lives u wanna start with. I also changed the ones in sc_selmap_en.pac as well but it  didnt seem to have any effect
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 08:45:11 PM by rperez88 » Logged

ultima149
Intermediate Kitten

Things are looking up.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 09:44:22 PM »

That's strange, is everything in the correct format and dimensions? Because when I replaced the icons they showed up perfectly for Shadow the Hedgehog. Are you using Gecko or Riivo? What xml and directories are you using? I might not be able to help you but if you provide this info it might help someone else  in aiding you. In response to the battle names, what files need replacing in order for custom names to show up in game next to the battle portraits? Is it an archive inside info.pac, common5.pac, common3.pac or something else entirely? What is the name of the file that needs replacing? Lastly, (hopefully) where does the .pac file need to placed in a ssbb.xml for riivolution? (If it is a .pac file.) Sorry for asking a question in response to a question, sort of feeling guilty for indirectly getting a response to my question.

Don't ridicule me because I have nothing clever to say. Simply look the other direction in an ashamed manner for the both of us.

Murio
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »

yea all the dimensions and formats are correct, (im assuming that those stock icons are the same exact ones as the classic mode ones amount of lives ones.

but as far as battle names goes, these took me a while to find as well but they are in info.pac misc data {30} and im using gecko with the file patch code.

ultima149
Intermediate Kitten

Things are looking up.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 10:35:12 PM »

What directory are you placing common5 in? If you're PAL file patch sometimes can be a bit buggy. Are you naming common5 with or without the _en? Have you tried comparing the original common5 with yours to see if you have all the right files replaced with what you have. You might also try a fresh common5 and just replace the stock icon files to see if that does anything when you boot up your system. Sadly, trial and error is the name of the game when working with this kind of stuff.

On a side note: which directory does info.pac go? I've heard many different answers, from sound folders to info folders.

Murio
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 11:24:04 PM »

ok sweet i figured it out out. i had everything labeled right, all i needed was a slightly smaller sc_selmap.pac in the common5.pac (which im still not sure why i needed it because the the 3 stock icon images i was trying to import were all smaller that the images they were covering...so i dont get it... but prob solved! thanks!

ultima149
Intermediate Kitten

Things are looking up.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 11:26:29 PM »

Ok cool, sorry I couldn't have been more help.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: