Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Only Certain Stages Freeze the game. Why?  (Read 963 times)
the-soup-is-evil
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 26, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »

I really need help with this, I have PhantomWings stage expansion 2.0 code and I also have Eternal Yoshi's Maxed Out CSS on my gct. currently. The first few stages I added (Brawl Galaxy, Vs. Metal Mario, Ganondorf's Tower, Sacred Realm, Sora's Awkanening, Bell Tower, Kitty Corp City, Pumpkin Hill, Pokemon Stadium 3, Smash Bros. Intro, Twilight House, Eggman Land, Las Noches, Rain Eldin, Unknown Galaxy Level and Konoha) all work perfectly fine but I added a few more stages (Castlevania Clock Tower, Blue Moon Battle Ship, Crisis City, KC-MM's Grand Stadium, KC-MM's Kitty Club, Dracula's Castle, Sunken Ship Caverns, and Sakuraville) and everytime I select them from the SSS they freeze the game no matter how many times I try it. I'm using Gecko OS and I'm using rel's to put the stages over the empty slots, some one please tell me how to fix this because I've been struggling with this for a while and it might happen with more and more stages. If you know how to fix this please help me or direct me to some one who you think does know how to fix it if you don't know yourself.  Undecided

zigazav
Advanced Kitten

Likes to hack SSBB. Using mom's Wii for hacks now.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 04:57:50 AM »

I'm having sorta the same problem! Sure, I have their codes partly working, but when I try to select a custom stage, it freezes on me! (I don't mean the ones in stage builder) I also can't get their stage pictures to show, or get CSS's on the character select screen to work. The stages's pictures show the electro plankton stage on almost one whole half of the melee stage area, and a Pokemon stadium stage on an entire other half! I use Riivolution by the way. How bout this? We split it 50/50, you try to find a way for me to use character CSS, and I try to find the answer to your problem, then we go back here and post the answer to the problem. How's that? We have a deal?
EDIT: Okay, I think I found your answer. The way you set-up the files in your file storage device for use on brawl may be the problem. Do you have both the common5 file in the system folder, and have an  sc_selmap file in  the menu2 folder that's identical to the one in your common5 file? If you don't, that may be the problem. another problem may be the gecko code file was entered wrong, check both, then if that doesn't work, tell me. I may be kinda new to this, but I look-up information on the net, so I learn about stuff like this.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:23:36 AM by zigazav » Logged

I'm currently taking requests for BRSTMs, if I feel like it. Also, I'm having trouble with the Brawlvault Sig Generator, the picture won't show like it used to do, the sig I created won't show.
And, what's up  with Censoring my previous signature  KCMM? I wasn't using the word "S**t", that was Japanese language I was using in there, in a song. Nothing to do with that bad language word you think I was using. No offence.

the-soup-is-evil
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:20:32 AM »

Thank you, but what do you mean it has to be identitcal to the common5 file? Also when you downloaded the sc_selcharacter file in menu2?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: