Isaac: Golden Sun Project*!!!Beta V1.1 Is Released!!!*2/17/2012*

Started by Uncle0wnage, January 08, 2012, 06:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.



So far he looks like a very interesting character.  I did enjoy your usage of the many psynergies available, and was pleasantly surprised to see Retreat as his Up B.  That hadn't even occurred to me.

Graphics wise, it's either a love or hate type deal.  I'll need to check it out when it's available myself, but the Gaia while looking absolutely beautiful, I am worried about the range of the attack.  Spire looks very pleasant, although I thought I noticed a hiccup the first attempt to use it.
On the other hand, Ragnorok/Odyssey looks a bit strange as a standard move as I thought it would.  The move may be suited to either a final smash, or a ground special so as to allow the user to see the full splendor of the move.  As it stands in the air, it just seems like a way to cover a ton of ground beneath Isaac without much effort.  And then there is Vines.  I will admit I am biased against this move as I had never used it in the game, save to set a Djinni.  However, aside from that, it is the only move that seems to stand out in a negative manner.  It starts off how one would expect, materializing from the ground and slowly expanding, but it's retreat seems very unappealing.  Of course, I was never a fan of enlarging and shrinking graphics to emphasize movement.

That's all that comes to mind instantly.  Very creative and very well done.  I greatly look forward to his release.

And yes, a second bias of mine is coming to light. My man-crush on Isaac.


Alrighty, so I got to play around with him a bit and I have a few points that could be changed.

-For starters I feel that Isaac's d-smash should change to have it so that Isaac's sword does damage as well as the rocks since currently it feels strange to hit an enemy with the sword and do nothing at all. Maybe have it not do as much damage, but at least make it do a little.
-I feel that Isaac's Side smash needs a bit of tweeking as well, it is another attack that is hard to hit with and comes out a bit too slow. I really like the idea of it, I just feel it is not useful enough at it's current state.
-Isaac's Neutral special I feel is lacking In usefulness as well. I think it might benefit from being able to cancel out of it by dodging or something, as it leaves you pretty helpless for many frames. It would also look cooler if you could incorporate a kinda casting ring like how it is when using a spell on the overworld in golden sun.
-So randomly when dash attacking you can do 999% and instant kill? kinda cheap, maybe tone it down a little instead of instant killing i'd have it something like doing 20% and high knock back. I found myself killing an enemy 3 times in 1 minute with this move.
-Just wanted to say I love that slapping with the push hand you can do during an aaa combo :D
-Lighting on the certain GFX (Such as the Up smash vines and the rocks) on certain stages look off. Dunno if this can be fixed, I'm just saying.
-Other then these I really liked all of the other attacks.
I think that it could use with less animation porting though and more custom ones.
The wait animation could use some tweeking through, I know he looked hunched in the gmes but it does not look that good in brawl... Maybe have it so his head is looking more upwards?
Can't wait to see future updates! Now I'm going to test him out a bit more.


Can you send me that Wait animation? I'll fix it up so that it doesn't look weird.

And I'll try to make it as close to his stance in GS as possible. If that's fine with you.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

@ninka
Alrighty, so I got to play around with him a bit and I have a few points that could be changed.

-For starters I feel that Isaac's d-smash should change to have it so that Isaac's sword does damage as well as the rocks since currently it feels strange to hit an enemy with the sword and do nothing at all. Maybe have it not do as much damage, but at least make it do a little.

I'll add a weak hitbox to his sword for d-smash.

-I feel that Isaac's Side smash needs a bit of tweeking as well, it is another attack that is hard to hit with and comes out a bit too slow. I really like the idea of it, I just feel it is not useful enough at it's current state.

I'll make the hitboxes bigger on that attack and speed it up 10 percent.


-Isaac's Neutral special I feel is lacking In usefulness as well. I think it might benefit from being able to cancel out of it by dodging or something, as it leaves you pretty helpless for many frames. It would also look cooler if you could incorporate a kinda casting ring like how it is when using a spell on the overworld in golden sun.

I can add a dodge interrupt to that attack, I may increase the casting time though. The rings sounds like a good idea.

-So randomly when dash attacking you can do 999% and instant kill? kinda cheap, maybe tone it down a little instead of instant killing i'd have it something like doing 20% and high knock back. I found myself killing an enemy 3 times in 1 minute with this move.

The dash attack represents moves that Isaac uses that instant ko, I'm creating one version with that, and another that does about 20 damage and high knock-back. I'll also reduce the chance from 1 in 8 to 1 in 20.

-Just wanted to say I love that slapping with the push hand you can do during an aaa combo :D

Thanks, that's an unintended side effect from not removing pit's infinite aaa tap combo. Holding a is the real combo, three slashes, but I may leave the hand slap in as I was planning on removing it.

-Lighting on the certain GFX (Such as the Up smash vines and the rocks) on certain stages look off. Dunno if this can be fixed, I'm just saying.

I'm not sure how to fix this, but I'm looking into it.

-Other then these I really liked all of the other attacks.
I think that it could use with less animation porting though and more custom ones.

Yeah, I just wanted to get the moves to a decent point where they aren't going to change much before I create better quality animations.

The wait animation could use some tweeking through, I know he looked hunched in the gmes but it does not look that good in brawl... Maybe have it so his head is looking more upwards?

The wait will be improved it's very much a place holder.

Can't wait to see future updates! Now I'm going to test him out a bit more.

I have some special bonuses for you testers, I'll post info later tonight.

Quote from: Royal_Blade on January 23, 2012, 11:11:48 PM
Can you send me that Wait animation? I'll fix it up so that it doesn't look weird.

And I'll try to make it as close to his stance in GS as possible. If that's fine with you.

I'd rather remake it myself, it's just a placeholder, but thank you for offering.


Ok then.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

The surprise is
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hot damn, the textures look hella good!
I really like that Felix retexture :D

I'll send em out really soon, should the last texture be a dark Isaac or a saturos/blados/agatio colored one?

You should do Kraden. (I think that was his name...) The elder dude who followed you in the game. You should make a texture of him. Else, I suggest a recolor for each Djinn.

I like the Ivan recolor!
And Felix too!
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. Here is the final texture slot color, but it's just a placeholder.

This is included in the color pack I just sent out. Have fun Beta testing, guys.

So far the only problems I have with Isaac are his sword has no hit box on his down smash (and it's very long range for a smash attack), and his Side B in general. (It's very awkward and it's pretty difficult to hit with it in a fight.) More feedback to come, as I continue to test this.

Uncle0wnage,

I agree with Cloud Strife that the Side Special is hard to land even if it has great benefits.  I don't really know how to make Flint more useful unless the enemy is grounded longer or give him a bigger hitbox.  I'm not yet in favor of a buff that may be unnecessary if the attack is supposed to be situational.

I would also like to point out that Isaac's dash attack, when it is an instant KO, can backfire on the user.  This results in the CPU or person that shielded Isaac's attack having their shield broken and Isaac being shot sidewards very fast until he himself is Knocked-Out, losing a stock (life).  If you find this unfavorable, the next paragraph might be of use.

I see that if bit 10 used on the special collision flag it should make the attack unblock-able (taken from http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Hitbox_Flags#Bit_10_.28Shieldability.29) but I have not tested it yet.  It also should make characters (like Marth or Ike) unable to counter Isaac if I understand correctly.

I hope this helps.

checkmate