Isaac: Golden Sun Project*!!!Beta V1.1 Is Released!!!*2/17/2012*

Started by Uncle0wnage, January 08, 2012, 06:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Isaac from Golden Sun.
I have taken it upon myself to create a moveset that represents Isaac and the Golden Sun series. No character deserved to be playable in Brawl more than him, and I intend to make him awesome. This is my first PSA and I intend to make this a great, balanced one.

*VV*Current Build Video(Current Build)*VV*
Isaac From Golden Sun PSA Beta V1.1 Video

Venus Lighthouse Stage Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Venus Lighthouse.  Goes over Final Destination. Will have recolors for the four lighthouses.


An HD Color Pack, with my own reworked textures.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


A-Moves



*AAA Combo*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Dash-A*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Side-Tilt*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Up-Tilt*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Down-Tilt*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Side-Smash*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Up-Smash*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Down-Smash*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*N-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*F-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*U-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Down-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*B-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




B-Moves



*Neutral-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Neutral-B Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Side-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Up-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Down-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Down-B Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Other


*Etc*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Improved Graphics on Down-Smash and Down-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



*Progress Information*
I still need to add appropriate sound effects to his attacks, smooth many animations out, finalize graphical effects, and choose a Final Smash to give to him.


Please post moveset ideas and suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vH3VBZiT9E&feature=youtu.be
Please help contribute with move ideas and suggestions. I really need your input on this project. If you are a big enough help, I may collab you.

His neutral B is Move
His Side-Smash will be Echo
His Up-B will be Mother Gaia
His Down-Smash is Earthquake
His F-Air will be Grand Golem
His Down B I'm not sure of, it may be a version of Spire
His Final Smash will be Judgement or Meggido
His Side-B might be a Djinn attack
His Side-A is a small leap and slash
His Up-Tilt is a High-Kick/something else
His AAA combo is not yet finalized
His D-Tilt is not changed
His N-Air will be Rock Sphere

If you can, please suggest moves, and knockback, flags, damage, graphics, etc.

I'm really liking it so far :D
some of the animations look a bit stiff but I'm sure those could be fixed up.
I am curious know something though, Is push a real projectile? or a fake one?
Anyway I'll be sure to give more feedback as you show more stuff off.
Maybe you should ask SDoom for some more pointers and what not on animating.
Also is this your first PSA? It looks great for one as I don't remember you doing any in the past.

I'm pleased to see someone finally taking an interest in this project.

First, allow me to address Move.  On the ground, I like it.  However, in the air while he was edge guarding, that is ridiculously broken.  As soon as you knock them off, you can continuously push them off until they eventually fall, even at minimum percent.  While on the ground, it seems plausible, but I would reduce the distance traveled, but increase the knock back if anything.

For his Up-B, I'm finding difficulty seeing how Gaia will work.  I would see that as more of a down smash or special instead.  I would see Lift of Grab as a more plausible Up-B.

Everything else seems to be plausible, but if you would like to see what I was going for and would perhaps like to take a few ideas, by all means feel free:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I accidentally deleted this thread in the PSA request section, and didn't feel like reviving it.


U0,

The PSA and animations looks amazing. I'm afraid that I don't really have much criticism or any ability in the PSA/Animation/balance field.

With that said, great work thus far.


Nitpicking over details:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Perhaps Odyssey (6 Venus Djinn or higher in the Squire - Slayer class tree), Ragnarok (must be level 13 in same class tree) or, Skull Splitter (Ronin class) could be incorporated in this PSA.

Much thanks for working on this.

Regards,

-checkmate

Oops I meant quake sphere. I may be able to work in ragnarok or odyssey as an up smash.

UPDATE 1/16/2012




A-Moves



*AAA Combo*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Side-Tilt*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Up-Tilt*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Side-Smash*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Up-Smash*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Down-Smash*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*N-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*F-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*B-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.




B-Moves



*Neutral-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Side-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


*Down-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Other



Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



*Progress Information*
His Up-B, Dash attack, D-tilt, Up-Air, and D-Air are currently in the developmental state. I still need to add appropriate sound effects to his attacks, smooth many animations out, finalize graphical effects, and choose a Final Smash to give to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5-6XA_zrEE&feature=youtu.be

I am currently looking for a few beta testers for this PSA. I need criticism and comments on how to make it better. The more PSA experience you have,  the more likely I will let you test this. I hope someone like Sdoom or KJP or Mariodk will apply.

Just post a comment with your PSA making experience and PSAs you use.

I will give out the beta to the testers before the weekend is over, it will have all attacks except the final smash and throws. If you have a capture card, or can record a high quality dolphin video, I will give you the beta if you will record a video moveset. I will pm all applicants an answer by the end of the weekend.

I would like to beta test this I've tried almost every kind of psa on this site. I love awesome full move set characters like these namely cloud strife goku sephiroth. I myself don't play golden sun but I have friends who love this series that would love to have this I have both a capture card and can run dolphin full speed which ever you prefer.

The PSA looks really nice, unfortunately i wish i can test it but i cant record because i dont have a camera.

Although i do use alot of PSA's including the popular ones and some old ones.

I am intrigued by the progress of this moveset, as Isaac is one of my favorite charatcers.  I would like to beta test for you, if you will have me.  I have a tuner card on my PC that can record, although I do not know the status of my microphone.  I can probably find one somewhere.

As for my PSA knowledge, I do not have any reputable contributions, but I have made my own tweaks to already existing ones to fit the needs of my peers who frequently play.  Such examples would be adjusting the priority of SDo0m's Viewtiful Joe's Voomerang so as to not repel other projectiles, fixing the wall cling of Cloud as well (although I do believe that was fixed on it's own), and adjusting Eternal Yoshi's Gray Fox's neutral B to be three scope shots as opposed to a ray gun shot.
NOTE: None of these examples were intended to criticize, but merely to conform the movesets to fir the preferences of the 6-7 people who play regularly.

Aside from that, I play many of the movesets that are released regularly.  So much so that SDo0m's Spiderman actually may have become one of my mains.  That particular moveset fits my playstyle very well.

Anyway, I would love to offer feedback to this project, as I had been working on my own for quite some time, but due to hardware and time restrictions had not been able to.

I would like to apply as a beta tester as Isaac is my favorite video game character and because I want to help.  I have done much tinkering with SDo0m Shadow PSA for a friend, I believe I messed with some bits for his Down Special. I made Eldiran's Zero (brawl+ version) start in his final smash state.

Uncle Ownage,

Would you mind giving us some guiding details as to what to expect out of Isaac?  How powerful should he be? What environment(s) should he fit in (Brawl, Balanced Brawl, Brawl-, Brawl+, Project M, or something else...)?

Thank you for making our applications possible and Isaac a reality,

checkmate

Thanks for showing interest in this project, all of you who posted will get to test the beta.

@checkmate
Issac is going to be a heavy hitting character. His ground game will rely primarily on spacing and keeping opponents away from him. He has an average run speed and sub-par jumping abilities. His air game is heavily centered on positioning his opponents with Move, and intercepting them. His moves are powerful, but most of them have small windows to hit the enemy, otherwise leaving Isaac open to counter attacks. He has more than average start-up time on Move on the ground, but no endlag so that he can chase his opponent. Gaia hits a large area vertically, and a very small area horizontally, but it has to be charged to be of any use. I am making him for vbrawl, but if someone wants to tweak him for any other codeset, I'd be happy to work with them on it. He is extremely light and can't take much of a hit. He also has poor air mobility and a slow, gimpable recovery. He has to rely on keeping his opponents away and slowing them down. His side-b impales the opponent, allowing him to ready a charge for gaia, or any of his smashes. I also gave him two moves with a chance to critical hit. His dash has a 10-frame opening to hit, with a 1 in 8 chance of ko-ing the opponent,  but if it misses or he doesn't critical, he has almost a second of endlag, making this a high-risk high-reward attack. His up-air is similar, with the same crit percent, but the move does no damage and set knock-back. His criticals are instant knockouts. I know people will complain about this, so I will include a version with a crits that ko and a version that has crits, but only do moderate damage and good knock-back. If 1 in 8 seems like it is too high, I will reduce it down to 1/12, 1/16, or at the minimum 1/20. His dash is only safe if you land his side-b,and even then you might still get a whiff.

Also, I only have one more move to finish before beta. The Up-B. :/

UPDATE 1/16/2012




A-Moves


*Down-Tilt*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

*Dash-A*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

*Up-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

*Down-Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



B-Moves



*Up-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

*Down-B Air*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



Other



*Improved Graphics on Down-Smash and Down-B*
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



*V*Update Video Here*V*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjXxOcHDDeQ&feature=youtu.be