Ike Lawliet X Omo-Cat, Gurren Lagann finished! Big project, we need your help!

Started by Ike_Lawliet, January 10, 2012, 04:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OKAY SO!

Sorry I've been away so long. I apologize if I left any of you hanging. Sorry too for not updating more, especially with unfinished things. Life, work, things get in the way, so I haven't produced hacks in a bit. But, I'm coming back with a huge new project, and a long unfinished hack!

OKAY, SO THEN!

First off, the long-promised Gurren Lagann! The Gurren Lagann hack is finished, and works great over Ganon. The model has been almost %100 rehauled and re-textured, and looks a lot different from where it started now. I want to tweak it a bit before I release it, but it is already done. Expect that out very soon.

Next, the project! How many of you follow or have seen Omo-Cat? (http://www.omo-cat.com/) She is an artist who, among a lot of other cool stuff, draws a lot of video game art, especially LoZ and Mother. Her stuff and style are really great, and her color sense is awesome. The idea is that Omo-Cat will re-draw the entire Brawl cast, including Samus and ZSS, Sheik and Zelda, etc. Then, her drawings will be properly formatted, and, in some form, circulated so that you can have an entire Omo-Cat CSS screen! Every character in Brawl, drawn stylistically and awesome. It'll be a cool way to have a new, fresh looking CSS without 20,000 Shadows or swirly green effects in the background. The project will also likely include special Omo-Cat themed hacks, inspired by her comics.

SO!

Here's where I need your help. Drawing the whole CSS including variations... that's a lot of characters. Omo is doing some work for free, but mostly it will be a commission. Usually, artists charge upwards of $60 for portraits, but Omo is willing to give the hacking community a special waaaaay lower price of $25 per character, which is a huge bargain for how much work she puts in. She's also willing to charge for almost half the cast, only about 15 characters charged. That said, it comes out to about $375. If you all, the awesome modding community, would be able to help pay for the CSS, we can make it reality! Any amount of money would help!

Omo runs a store, and might even sell her Brawl drawings when they are complete. However, I'm sure that anyone who is willing to help pay would get the whole CSS set for free! I haven't set up a means for collecting payment yet, first I want to see if anyone is interested in co-paying before we move ahead with the project.

So, any takers? I think this could come out really ridiculously awesome, all we need is some help to make it! The hacking community is pretty big, so if we all pitched in some, that could do it!

(Also, for those worried, Omo and I are NOT selling a hack. Omo is also NOT commissioned to make a hack or CSS files. What Omo IS commissioned to do is draw a set of images in her style of the Brawl characters. These images can then be able to be used for many things, including being inserted into a CSS.)




MODEL IMPORTS




VERTEXES




IF YOU WANT A REQUEST DONE,
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wow! You came into importing too! Awesome!
Requests ya said? :D
Well, what about Kamek over Lucas?
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*YOU DECIDE
*KTH
*I love you
*but I love Jurio more
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i love you too
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*Phoenix.
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*oh and KTH don't forget Knucklini's shoes
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*LOL
KTH scrive (14.48):
*love/
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*lol
KTH scrive (14.48):
*....
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*i'm going to sleep now
KTH scrive (14.48):
*i hate you now srs
Enzo scrive (14.48):
*good night both of
*what
*!
*:emo:
      VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
*night man rotfl
KTH scrive (14.48):
*lol
Best quote ever!

January 10, 2012, 08:40:38 PM #2 Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:21:35 AM by Clover Moriya
Will you please rig Kaguya over Peach?

Nevermind that.  I'm changing my request to Shikieiki over Marth.

Go here and click on the button that says, "Download from loda.jp"
Current Persona: Jigglypuff
Check out my Touhou music thread!
About requests:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My art thread!  :D
*NEW!!* YouTube Channel


I would really appreciate it if you would consider importing Kingdom Hearts' Ice Titan over either Bowser or Giga Bowser (preferably Giga Bowser).

Link: http://www.models-resource.com/psx_ps2/kingdom%20hearts/sheet/1762

Quote from: JustAPerson on January 10, 2012, 09:07:02 PM
Kingdom Hearts 2 Riku over Ike http://www.models-resource.com/psx_ps2/KH2FM/sheet/1611
i agree with JustAPerson no one has done a Riku import and he is in need of one too

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

I'm feeling Ice Titan, that could be really neat. His bone structure seems appropriate, although just a bit too tall, so he'd probably be a little hunched over.

January 16, 2012, 12:24:41 AM #7 Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 04:36:50 AM by Ike_Lawliet
Mass preview! Upload soon!

Look at first post!

awesome i most love the 2nd. preview :D
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

niice!    dude i really like that megaman ZX import    its lookin gooooood



the Pikmin Congregate.  just awesome.  maybe make one that incorporates all of the Pikmin?  if not, it's still great.


Fry
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later