WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Gumdramon on December 20, 2012, 07:28:15 AM
I swear I thought he looked like Aizen, and then look who he's being made from. xD

Getting him on point so far.
Quote from: jrush64 on December 20, 2012, 10:51:34 AM
Lol. I was just about to say that was Aizen, If i didn't see your sig.
A friend of mine found out this model and helped me a bit with it, he was like "hey you should use this model to make your character from it!"



Quote from: joke. on December 20, 2012, 02:23:33 PM


i finally have my own laptop back, which means some old WIPs, i'll finish this one i think, it's over ike if ur wondering, i'll update the model a bit as well, like adding a belt or something

it looks like link is going to kick some serious behind! he looks greats

I really hope I don't have to cancel it, as I know jack squat about UV maps or texture editing.

Are the textures showing upside down on the model because thats what happened with the FFX models I extracted.

If the textures are showing upside down on the model, then just flip the actual textures upside down, and it should be fixed. I had to do that with the SM64 Bros, since when I flipped the textures upright in 3ds Max, they stayed upside down in BB and in game. :P
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

Quote from: AdfroMan on December 20, 2012, 08:17:00 PM
Are the textures showing upside down on the model because thats what happened with the FFX models I extracted.

No, they were corrupted (wrong colors/alpha was jacked up to hell) when it's rigged as a single object. When separated into multiple materials, rigging goes to crap as well; when you rig a joint, the vertices start to separate creating a gap. To make matter worse, whoever extracted the model never UV mapped it properly, and seeing as I have no effing idea on how to remap the UV on the model, I asked for outside help. I swear that by pestering people to help me, the proverbial noose around my neck gets tighter and tighter.  I can never seem to do anything right with the WIP models I choose to work.  This Bahamut model has don't nothing but give me trouble. I know rigging should be fun, and when I'm doing one on my own (and not a request), it doesn't feel as obligatory.  Don't get me wrong, I want to help people see certain characters imported, but I always feel a time constraint, and well, you know the rest.

I really don't know what I'm going to do now, beside wait. I really don't want to have to re-edit the vertices' position once Joke is done.

I say take a break from rigging then, work on like texture recolors, or something, or just play with teh awesome hacks already on the vault.
Don't worry I (and hopefully others) understand where you're coming from.
Maybe try easier rigs, like something simple, and then work your way up to more complex models, always start with the small things and then work your way to the bigger ones, that's what I say none of the time!
I make YouTube videos, SM64 hacks, Brawl Hacks (obviously), NSMBW hacks, and GoldenEye 007 Mods. I also have a short attention span and tend to switch around a lot and put things on hold. But when I do finish things, 95% of the time I gave 120% effort, the other 5% of the time I give 100% effort.

December 20, 2012, 10:36:20 PM #7389 Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:43:53 PM by Aafyre
I bring you one of the most highly requested characters of all time:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Just gotta line him up with a skeleton now. I'm thinking Wolf.

Is that supposed to be Pharoahman?
It looks like him...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Ah. That's why I wasn't sure who he was.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on December 20, 2012, 09:22:27 PM
I say take a break from rigging then, work on like texture recolors, or something, or just play with teh awesome hacks already on the vault.
Don't worry I (and hopefully others) understand where you're coming from.
Maybe try easier rigs, like something simple, and then work your way up to more complex models, always start with the small things and then work your way to the bigger ones, that's what I say none of the tim

You're right, I'm trying to do too many complicated things at once, I should do basic rigs and work my way up.

Quote from: Aafyre on December 20, 2012, 10:44:40 PM
Yeah, you got it sir

It's based on his manga look:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

its about time we get a mummy in brawl
im so getting dat when its out...