WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

March 13, 2013, 04:08:20 PM #9105 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:40:05 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Velen on March 13, 2013, 04:07:55 PM
Darn...I was hoping to make a nice Brawl-like texture for Felicia eventually...

Her pac/pcs files were >1000 KB, now they're around 512 KB because the last one crashed Dolphin (testing it before I actually rig it).  

Disclaimer - Those who wish to make Brawl style textures can still do so! Keep in mind that her pac/pcs files cannot exceed ~650/700 KB

Edit: Success!  ;D The game loads the model just fine! The file size was too big, but it doesn't look that bad despite the reduced texture size. Woo-hoo!

March 13, 2013, 10:51:13 PM #9106 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:54:20 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: SplitPersonalities on March 13, 2013, 10:30:00 PM
If only there was a Jon Talbain model... DX

That would be cool, but I've yet to find a custom model.

You may be able to find something like that on the Tomb Raider Xnalara forums.

Quote from: joke king on March 13, 2013, 02:19:45 AM
model sure looks high-poly. . .

lol its actually not as high poly as i thought XD

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

well if there is a naruto goku then im making a sasuke vegeta


Progress update! Rigging is going well for the most part, except for the stupid vertex gaps forming at the torso. Can't seem to quite get those no matter how much I blend (the two objects tied to that area are selected....might need outside source).  Other than that, I think it's starting to look pretty decent, amirite?





Oh, Brawl Box, you're quite the troll :P

Quote from: the_randomizer on March 14, 2013, 03:46:00 AM
Progress update! Rigging is going well for the most part, except for the stupid vertex gaps forming at the torso. Can't seem to quite get those no matter how much I blend (the two objects tied to that area are selected....might need outside source).  Other than that, I think it's starting to look pretty decent, amirite?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Are they two separate objects?

March 14, 2013, 04:01:34 AM #9111 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 04:03:01 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Nanobuds on March 14, 2013, 03:49:32 AM
Are they two separate objects?

Yeah, the model was separated into object by default, I did no separation nor did I use a script. It has multiple objects and I sure as hell don't want to have to start over, but that's just me. The rest of the model is rigging fine, just a few parts of the torso are forming gaps. The arms, feet, legs, etc rigged perfectly, just when the torso bends during rotation animations. I can see it separating when only a single object is  being blended and the neighboring object doesn't go along with it, but usually when two objects are blended together, they should blend together and NOT separate. That doesn't make sense to me. Oy gevalt this is is PITA. Do you want to take a gander at it? If so, PM me.

I even tried re-rigging the torso and while it looks better than before, it still isn't sufficient.  :srs:

Let's just continue the convoration over PM so we don't junk up the thread ;)

Alright, headed in the right direction; figured out a way (somewhat tedious, but I digress) but it works!

Just a little more to fix!


March 14, 2013, 06:04:23 AM #9114 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:06:58 AM by Kyouma
cullmode to cullnone pls

March 14, 2013, 06:08:12 AM #9115 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:23:41 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Kyouma on March 14, 2013, 06:04:23 AM
cullmode to cullnone pls

Huh? Was that directed to me?

Changing to that doesn't fix the gaps, and besides, they're a lot less noticeable this time. Plus the rig is nearly complete, the right hand needs some fixing up though. The gaps must be fixed manually.



Editing: Testing nearly-rigged model in Dolphin.

Quote from: the_randomizer on March 14, 2013, 06:08:12 AM
Huh? Was that directed to me?

Changing to that doesn't fix the gaps, and besides, they're a lot less noticeable this time. Plus the rig is nearly complete, the right hand needs some fixing up though. The gaps must be fixed manually.



Editing: Testing nearly-rigged model in Dolphin.
what about use smooth view mode instead of flat view mode in 3ds max
since its the rig that is not rigth nothing with the model
and its hard to see these holes in flat view mode in 3ds max
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

So hey, this is my first post here, though I've lurked for some time. I've wanted to start custom model importing for a few months now, but other stuff kept getting in the way. But I'm here now, and I've got a model I threw together for my first import:




Since he's my first import, it's been a process trying to figure out how to get him here, and I've still got a few things I'm trying to figure out but haven't been able to yet (I can't get his eyes to animate, for one, and the transparency on his beard leaves a lot to be desired), but I just finally got him up and running in Brawl to at least a somewhat presentable degree. His rig is pretty much done, and I'm working on his texture right now, but I thought I'd pop in, say hello, and maybe ask if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to get his eyes moving.

And another pic:



That's.... Actually a really good idea.

Good work ;D


That Cranky Kong model strongly reminds me of Conkeldurr, to some extent.