WIP Workshop

Started by StarWaffle, January 15, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ν•˜μ„Έμš” on March 19, 2013, 12:46:53 AM
Noel Noel Noel...we need some Taokaka up in here.

i had a model of her, but i lost it, and the user who submitted it to deviantart got it's account cancelled :oshi:

Quote from: AdfroMan on March 19, 2013, 01:27:27 AM
How can there be more random anime girls that haven't been done yet?

I only care for ones that originate in video games, such as Blazblue.
Quote from: joke king on March 19, 2013, 01:44:36 AM
i had a model of her, but i lost it, and the user who submitted it to deviantart got it's account cancelled :oshi:



Quote from: Kyouma on March 19, 2013, 12:38:00 AM
that sword really looks familiar o3o
I would hope that any good Sword of Hisou model would be based off of the same sprite artwork.

Although I totally thought you were going to link LJSTAR's Sword-of-Hisou-Over-Beam-Sword import, because that would be right.


Quote from: AdfroMan on March 19, 2013, 01:27:27 AM
How can there be more random anime girls that haven't been done yet?
>MMD models can be imported into brawl
>expecting an ending

Quote from: AdfroMan on March 19, 2013, 01:27:27 AM
How can there be more random anime girls that haven't been done yet?
Whoa
Adfroman after 2 years u finally changed ur avatar lol

anyways to be on topic here:
working on a kirby hat for my evil shredder hack


March 19, 2013, 05:18:18 AM #9245 Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:27:53 AM by the_randomizer
Perhaps I'm being overly ambitious with importing characters now that I've returned......or am I?



Random question, with his wing bones, can they be rotated to conform to the wings' shape (but not moved)?

so i finally had some free time during my spring break last week, and this is what happened.




Quote from: the_randomizer on March 19, 2013, 05:18:18 AM
Random question, with his wing bones, can they be rotated to conform to the wings' shape (but not moved)?

yes they can.  if they aren't renamed, then they'll still follow the animations.  it might be a bit trickier to rig them decently that way, but the bones certainly can be rotated then rigged to.

Quote from: Snoopy on March 19, 2013, 05:37:33 AM
so i finally had some free time during my spring break last week, and this is what happened.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Yes. I've been waiting for a Saki import. Who's he over? It looks like Marth.


Saki's face...

Isaac looks really nice though.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Ooh, an Isaac! Nice.



Tenshi Progress:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


March 20, 2013, 03:23:16 AM #9250 Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:28:17 AM by the_randomizer

Quote from: Kage Ryu on March 20, 2013, 12:31:50 AM
Ooh, an Isaac! Nice.



Tenshi Progress:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

a semi import? I thought you would make a full import

Quote from: Kyouma on March 20, 2013, 03:41:00 AM
a semi import? I thought you would make a full import
I already mentioned it was mostly a vertex project, which is why I didn't post any body shots until now.

Also, I was trying full imports before and couldn't get them to work. So I started over with something that was already rigged and modified it piece by piece so I could get a handle on the process. On top of me having little experience with rigging, there aren't exactly a lot of tutorials for importing from Maya, so I went with something I knew worked and troubleshot problems that arose during the process.


Anywho. She's working in game now for the most part and I shouldn't have to re-import the model anymore, so now I just need to get things like FS eyes and metal to work.


Quote from: Kage Ryu on March 20, 2013, 04:11:28 AM
there aren't exactly a lot of tutorials for importing from Maya

If there's a demand for it, I'll write one up. It just seems like everybody here already prefers Max. If there are people out there who want to use Maya but don't because of the lack of support, then that's something I'd like to see fixed. Maya's rigging tools are so much better than Max's it's not even a competition (though I'll concede Max arguably has the better modeling UI).

Both my models were done completely in Maya, and both import error-free. It's doable.


March 20, 2013, 04:52:52 AM #9254 Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:54:22 AM by Kage Ryu
Quote from: Vaanrose on March 20, 2013, 04:39:44 AM
If there's a demand for it, I'll write one up. It just seems like everybody here already prefers Max. If there are people out there who want to use Maya but don't because of the lack of support, then that's something I'd like to see fixed. Maya's rigging tools are so much better than Max's it's not even a competition (though I'll concede Max arguably has the better modeling UI).

Both my models were done completely in Maya, and both import error-free. It's doable.
I, for one, would certainly read a Maya-importing tutorial should you write one up.

Although I think I've figured out why the previous ones didn't work, for the most part. The Tenshi mod I'm doing has certainly been a good learning experience.